Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 07:59 PM        The dilly on Kerry
John Forbes Kerry celebrated his 60th birthday three days ago. Recently, he has lost some weight and developed an increasingly haggard appearance.

However, he still is articulate, with his graying dark hair immaculately groomed, even when riding his "Hog," his very own Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Kerry has catered to a craving for personal publicity since the days he pretended to throw away three Purple Hearts, a Silver Star and a Bronze Star he had been awarded while in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War.

They weren't his; he borrowed others' medals to pitch.

But he still uses his service days as an excuse for his salty and profane language, recently spread out for the world to see in Rolling Stone. He often brags about his combat experience. But he avoids talking about the awards or his very obvious disrespect for Vietnam veterans and his support for communist Vietnam.

Sometimes Kerry recalls his days at Yale and Boston Law School, or the time he was a prosecuting attorney, a post that, with his service record, he parleyed into the Massachusetts' lieutenant governor's office. Two years was enough for him in that humble and inconspicuous job, and quick as a flash, he moved into the U.S. Senate.

For the past 19 years, Kerry has represented the Democrat voters of Massachusetts in the U.S. Senate. Now, he wants to be president.

Post-war rebel

After requesting a discharge so that he could run for Congress -- from Massachusetts in 1970 -- Kerry dropped out of that race when he found that he was destined to be a loser.

Then, Kerry found a new cause that already had been active for three years, and which he today claims as his own. This former naval officer abandoned his oath of office, joined up with the hard-communist left and now claims to have founded Vietnam Veterans Against the War, or (VVAW). He did attend their conference in February 1971 with Jane Fonda -- Hanoi Jane, their most successful promoter and fund-raiser.

The VVAW made its debut in 1967, in New York City at an anti-Vietnam war protest that was also planning the disruption of the 1968 Democratic Party National Convention in Chicago. By the spring of 1970, it numbered several hundred members and the organization had gone national.

All without John Kerry, who remained in Boston.

Kerry later arrived in Washington for an encampment to protest the war, and to provide evidence against his country on Capitol Hill, dressed in his fatigues. Much of the speech Kerry gave to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee painted his fellow GIs as brutal sadists.

He picked up on the testimony of one Marine Sgt. Scott Camil, who said the U.S. military had raped, cut off ears, heads and limbs and participated in many other atrocities. He said that he found the accounts of torture "shocking and irrefutable."

In the last week of April 1971, some 250,000 protesters were in Washington for massive protests against the draft and the war. They were preparing for their attack on the U.S.government on May 4, when they hoped to shut down the capital. Kerry was everywhere, now promoting the pro-communist People's Peace Treaty, drawn up in East Germany and developed by Tom Hayden and Rennie Davis. The treaty advocated the communist line to withdraw all U.S.troops from Vietnam and then negotiate with Hanoi for the release of our GIs who had been taken prisoner.

But Kerry lost his support base, even then, by playing both sides. He attacked the May Day rioters as criminals for the looting, tire-slashing and window-breaking.

Kerry turned himself from a nonentity into a national icon. Since then, he has married twice, and his partner today is Teresa Heinz Kerry, the widow of Pennsylvania's late Sen. John Heinz. Teresa, despite this marriage in 1995, is a very bright and accomplished woman who, notwithstanding her 65 years, would, without the encumbrance of her present husband, have had a remarkable career.

But it is John Kerry who has had a more than remarkable career.

As long ago as June 1971, a reporter for the Marxist Liberated Guardian described how Kerry was raising money from Wall Street's liberal elite, led by Edgar Bronfman, president of Seagram's Distillers, who gave $5,000 of 1971 money. The writer, a true Marxist, bemoaned that the donors had previously supported the Vietnam War, and wrote: "Most of these financiers of political movements are only interested in 'future access to the White House.' Does Kerry want to be in the White House someday? And if he were, how would he answer their calls?"

The Democrats of the left have waited 32 years to find out what makes John Kerry tick. Now, they are finding out the truth.

Dateline D.C. is written by a Washington-based British journalist and political observer.
Pee Wee Herman is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:03 PM       
BLAH BLAH BLAH REPUBLICANS RULE DEMOCRATS DROOL BLAH BLAH BLAH GWB CAN DO NO WRONG BLAH BLAH BLAH MENTAL MASTURBATION BLAH BLAH

"Boy, me and my family sure are quoyed a lot in people's signatures"
-Max Burbank
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:06 PM       
You're a quick learner, aren't you?
Pee Wee Herman is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:12 PM       
Pardon me for belittling you.

"Boy, me and my family sure are quoyed a lot in people's signatures"
-Max Burbank
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:15 PM       
i got as far as "post war rebel" (nice copy and cut job) before i thought going after a candidate's profane language was laughably ridiculous and chastising kerry about his military exploits was really funny coming from someone who'll be voting bush come this election.

next
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
do you have one..just one original thought?

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:58 PM        Re: The dilly on Kerry
Quote:
Kerry has catered to a craving for personal publicity since the days he pretended to throw away three Purple Hearts, a Silver Star and a Bronze Star he had been awarded while in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War.

They weren't his; he borrowed others' medals to pitch.
Wrong. He tossed only his ribbons. He kept his medals. Nothing about friend's medals. Source: Newsweek. They have a much less ludicrous look at Kerry than this steaming pile of dogshit.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:27 PM       
YOU KNOW WHO SUCKS?

JOHN KERRY!

YOU KNOW WHY HE SUCKS?

CAUSE HE'S NOT A LAISSEZ-FAIRE CAPITALIST!

Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:35 PM       
YOU KNOW WHO SUCKS

ARTIFICIAL BRANDON

YOU KNOW WHY HE SUCKS

BECAUSE HE MAKES THE SAME JOKE OVER AND OVER AGAIN

"Oh yeah, Drew Swastikas? Well you're gay!"
The Center Square
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:40 PM       
Ooh, somebody doesn't like me.

"BRANDON MAKES THE SAME JOKE! I LIKE TO RIDE BRANDON'S BACK BECAUSE HE'S GOT LESS POSTS THAN ME AND IF I WERE TO PICK ON A REGULAR I'D GET GANG-RAPED!"

But when I think "funny," I think DREW KATSIKAS.

Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:44 PM       
Picking on regulars has never been a problem, I called Willie a bad verison of Jixby once, and I've had some words with Jixby, nothing monumental. Although, you start to realize the regulars are a lot less annoying than people like yourself. And you haven't even been on the board much less than I have.

EDIT: You've actually been here longer than I have.

InvaderZimGirrrrl is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:45 PM       
I love this site... Im new... DOOM!
Quote:
better to die than to fade away
The Center Square
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:48 PM       
Well, it's good to see you're monitoring the boards for any traces of annoyance. I mean, where would we ever be without you, Drew?

Tell you what, though. The next time you've made a post that's even remotely interesting enough to be annoying, I'll stop making the laissez-faire joke, mmm-kay?

Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
6) It's also not a humor contest here on the boards. For fucks sake, please just be yourself and not some flamboyant jackass who is trying to impress us all with how funny you are. If you're naturally funny, it will show. Just try to contribute to the conversations rather than ruining them. People in the GENERAL BLABBER forum ARTIFICIAL BRANDON REALLYd to keep this in mind.
I'm just posting as I see fit, I'm not wasting my time trying to fit in by making fun of OAO. If that's your idea of interesting, you're an idiot. [/b]
The Center Square
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Katsikas
I'm just posting as I see fit, I'm not wasting my time trying to fit in by making fun of OAO. If that's your idea of interesting, you're an idiot.
Mmm-kay, mmm-kay, mmm-kay. Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: If I was so terribly annoying, I'd be hearing a lot more complaints, but you're the only one who's ever really said anything, so I don't see the need to take it seriously.

Oh, and you're gay.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 01:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
Quote:
do you have one..just one original thought?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 02:51 AM       
I hope that one day, OAO, when you're running for supreme dictator of the Libertarian republic of New Hampshire, that I can pull out some of the quotes you've used on this board now. Some of the things you've said, which would clearly be a political nightmare, and thus hold you accountable for statements made during your naive youth.

This, essentially, is the same thing you are doing to John Kerry. There's not much to say about him, but one admirable fact is that he still stands by his days as a Vietnam vet. who protested the war. That takes character, since I'm certain many of us would like to bury our less admirable, or more "controversial" moments somewhere deep in the closet.

Let's attack Kerry on his voting record, from both the Left and the Right. That makes sense, and there's a lot to criticize. But the attacks against his Vietnam War stance, which was clearly a polarizing issue, is just plain childish and stupid.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 03:18 AM       
MODS:somebody please put 'childish and stupid' beneath OAOs name.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM       
Here's the part I like best:

"Dateline D.C. is written by a Washington-based British journalist and political observer."

Ooooh, THAT'S some mighty fine sourcin'! It's almost as impressive as if at the end of piece of pap he'd just put "Signed: A Friend."