Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 10:16 PM        Reuters: Qaeda Sympathizers Turn to Rap to Battle 'Infidels'

Qaeda Sympathizers Turn to Rap to Battle 'Infidels'

By Miral Fahmy

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's newest weapon against the West is a violent English-language rap tune urging young Muslims to wage holy war.

The song is being broadcast on the Internet in an attempt to lure music-loving youth into the terror network, which is blamed for the September 11, 2001 attacks on U.S. cities and other bombings around the world.

Titled "Dirty Kuffar" or "Dirty Infidels," the song is performed by a London-based group which Islamists said was deeply sympathetic to Osama bin Laden's network.

A music video accompanies the catchy yet violent lyrics, belted out by the group's lead singer Sheikh Terra -- rap lingo for terror -- and the Soul Salah Crew, a take-off on gritty British rappers So Solid Crew. Salah means righteousness or piety in Arabic.

The song calls on Muslims to wage jihad, or holy war, against "Crusaders and apostate Arab rulers," saying they will be "thrown inna fire."

"Be prepared for the battle with the infidels," it says.

The video, which uses footage from news agencies and television, opens with images of a U.S. soldier killing an Iraqi man and then cheering.

"Dirty Kuffar wherever you are; From Kandahar to Ramallah; OBL (Osama bin Laden) Crew be like a shining star; like the way we destroy them two tower ha ha," one singer raps in front of images of the September 11 airliner attacks on New York's World Trade Center.

Another frame shows the balaclava-clad Sheikh Terra, brandishing a pistol and a Koran, while denouncing a long list of Arab and Western heads of state -- mostly from countries that have cracked down on militant groups -- as "dirty infidels."

In the video, al Qaeda's second in command Ayman al-Zawahri morphs into a lion while President Bush becomes a chimpanzee. Saudi Arabia's King Fahd turns into a devil and Egypt's "apostate" President Hosni Mubarak becomes a vampire.

The video also shows Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, reviled in the Middle East for his hardline policies against Arabs, turning into a pig. Palestinian President Yasser Arafat is labeled a traitor.

Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is not spared -- a text reading "Allah doesn't protect tyrants" is superimposed on images of the bushy-haired Saddam shortly after U.S. troops captured him in December.

"Send 'em home in body bags," reads another blurb above images of U.S. troops in Baghdad. A U.S.-led military force toppled Saddam in April.

Reuters received a copy of the video from the Committee for the Defense of Legal Rights, a London-based Islamist group headed by Saudi dissident Muhammad al-Massari.

teh_mastar! is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 10:22 PM       

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 10:48 PM        Worst
The sad thing is this sort of stuff is probably pretty effective.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 11:53 PM       
This is a joke, isn't it?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 09:30 AM       
I *must* hear this song. I haven't had a good laugh in weeks.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 11:50 AM       
Great. One more reason to hate rap.
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 05:31 PM       
The music is dancehall, which isn't what most Americans think of when they hear "rap," which some of you may know as the background music on television crime dramas during scenes depicting drugs and gangs.

The headline is intentionally sensational- there's no evidence that the video was created or produced by al Qaeda in an effort to recruit THE CHILDREN anymore than rock music and Hollywood movies were created by the Soviets in the 50's.

---

O, a fag is me.
WHAT ABOUT THE SANCTITY OF THE MEDIA!!!!!!!!
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 06:48 PM       
The next thing you'll tell me is that you enjoy house music.