Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 04:46 PM        Chenney Hunts Most Dangerous Game!
WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and injured a man during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, his spokeswoman said Sunday.

'Quail hunting'. Right.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:06 PM       
EDIT: nothing to see here...move along.....
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 05:16 PM       
It was a reporter who wrote bad things about the administration. They were going to call it a mugging.

Or, better yet, its the guy with grainy video of what might be a puff of smoke that proves beyond a shaddow of a doubt that 9/11 was an inside job.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM       
You know, In Canada, "Hunting Accidents" are completely Valid Excuses for manslaughter.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM       
Chenney's office didn't report the inciident for twenty four hours, left the owner of the hunting lodge to explain what happened and then did a nig PR blitz on Chenney visiting the guy (a millionaire lawyer, like he needed more than one reason to get shot) in the hospital.

Please note, I am not alledging conspiracy, cover-up, intention or that this was anything more than a hunting accident (although when you hunt as much as Chenney in fields with other guys all around, you're kind of asking for an accident eventually). I just think the whole thing is rife with irony.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 11:55 AM       
cheney ain't afraid to cap a sucka.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 04:22 PM       
I heard he was a terrorist suspect.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 04:23 PM       
I can't wait for the new episode of "George W. Bush: Boy President" that's gonna be about this
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:23 AM       
I just cannot believe the level of incompetence and misjudgement on the VP's part.

Not the shooting, hunters get shot and shoot people all the time, one of the many reasons hunting is a stupid, brutal passtime, especially driving aroudn in a car and shooting brds that haven't got a chance in hell of surviving.

No, I mean, in making this small incident look as bad as possible. He's lucky people think it's funny, because it distracts them from how transparently think the whole story is. The VP shoots a guy and the method by which this info is trnasmitted to the public is from a third party to a local newspaper 24 hours after the fact? The paper's publisher says it's fishy, and he's a friend of the rancher! Lets assume this was a total accident, nothing the leas bit unusual about it. Nice job making it look like a cover up, Dick! I'm not sure I want such a boob running the country.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 01:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
It was a reporter who wrote bad things about the administration. They were going to call it a mugging.

Or, better yet, its the guy with grainy video of what might be a puff of smoke that proves beyond a shaddow of a doubt that 9/11 was an inside job.
It appears to me that you are making fun of me.

The possible reason for the cover up was because Cheney didn't want anyone to know that he may have been hunting illegally...

Papers Carry Differing Accounts of Sheriff's Office Questioning Cheney

By E&P Staff

Published: February 13, 2006 7:00 PM ET

NEW YORK Several newspapers today carried wildly different accounts of the aftermath of the Saturday incident in which Vice President Cheney shot a hunting companion at a ranch in Texas.

The New York Times reports Tuesday that the local sheriff, Ramon Salinas III of Kenedy County, said the Secret Service called him shortly after the shooting occurred.

"Sheriff Salinas said he sent his chief deputy, Gilbert Sanmiguel, to the Armstrong Ranch that night," the Times relates. "He said Mr. Sanmiguel interviewed Mr. Cheney and reported that the shooting was an accident."

The Dallas Morning News, at the same time, reports that "questions remained as to why Mr. Cheney was not interviewed on Saturday."

Chief Deputy Gilbert San Miguel suggested he always knew where the vice president and the other witnesses were. "We were always in contact with Secret Service," he told the paper.

Sheriff Salinas said he decided Saturday night not to send anyone to the ranch and added that he was relying on information from others that it was an accident. "If I wanted to go in there, we would have gone in there," he told the Dallas paper. "If someone called and told me there was a shooting and they didn't think it was an accident, I'd have five or six people on the ranch."

The Washington Post reports Tuesday: "Local law enforcement officials did not interview Cheney until Sunday morning, about 14 hours after the shooting, in an agreement worked out between the Secret Service and Kenedy County Sheriff Ramon Salinas III. Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said at least one deputy was turned away shortly after the shooting because security personnel at the ranch were not aware of the agreement between the sheriff and the Secret Service."

Meanwhile, Texas state wildlife officials reported Monday that while Vice President Cheney had purchased a valid non-resident hunting license, he did not obtain a required "upland game bird stamp."

A warning citation--which carries no fine or penalty--will be issued to Cheney, which state officials described as "routine." Cheney's office said he would promptly send in the $7 for the stamp. However, as the Dallas Morning News headlined on its Web site, he was, on Saturday, "hunting illegally."

The first official report on the shooting of a fellow hunter on Saturday by Cheney was issued late today by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. It follows much controversy and speculaton stemming from the failure of the vice president or the White House to announce the incident for 18 hours.

The report, posted at the Smoking Gun site, confirmed the time of shooting of Harry Whittington at 5:30 pm on Saturday and that Cheney was wearing a "blaze orange" cap and "coat/vest" and brown trousers and was toting a Perazzi .28 caliber shotgun.

The "Game Law Violated" box was checked, with the violation listed as section "P&W Code 43.652." According to an online rundown on that sectin, this relates to the lack of the upland bird stamp. The text follows: "Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person may not hunt a migratory or upland game bird in this state unless the person has acquired a migratory or upland game bird stamp, as applicable, issued to the person by the department."

At the same time, the Kenedy County Sheriff's Office this afternoon issued a press release noting that an "investigation reveals that there was no alcohol, or misconduct involved in the incident." It added that Whittington "collaborated Vice President Cheney's statement," and concluded, "This was no more than a hunting accident."

Meanwhile, one of the many odd details about the episode involves the third hunter in the group. Some news outlets, including The Associated Press in some dispatches, after not disclosed the name, while many others have said it was Pam Willeford, the U.S. Ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein, and a native Texan.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001996219
say what now?
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 01:45 PM       
PETA is taking aim at Dick Cheney.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11204792/

The high-profile animal-rights group has sent a letter to the vice-president, who accidentally shot a lawyer while the two men were quail hunting.

“I hope that the man you mistook for a quail is doing well. I also hope that this brush with tragedy will convince you to rethink your recreational activities,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote in a letter to Cheney obtained by The Scoop. She went on to suggest that Cheney “put down your guns and pick up a tennis racket” — which, she adds, would be better for his heart.

“Mr. Cheney, there is so much violence in the world that is beyond our control,” Newkirk concluded, “but you can avoid hurting innocent animals (and well-connected lawyers) by putting down your guns and taking up a nonviolent sport.”

BWAHAHAHAHA! What PETA doesn't know is that Cheney doesn't have a heart.
say what now?
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM       
Holy shit...speaking of hearts, the guy who Cheney shot just had a heart attack...
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:47 PM       
Seriously, does anybody give a fuck what PETA thinks?
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 02:55 PM       
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas -
The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President
Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot lodged in his heart and he had a "minor heart attack," a hospital official said Tuesday.

Peter Banko, the hospital administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial, said Harry Whittington had the heart attack early Tuesday while being evaluated.

He said there was an irregularity in the heartbeat caused by a birdshot pellet, and doctors performed a cardiac catheterization. Whittington expressed a desire to leave the hospital, but Banko said he would probably stay for another week.

Okay, this is actually starting to look a little fishy to me. When you get 'peppered' from 30 feet away, do the 'teeny tiny little pellets' usually penetrate your chest wall and lodge in your heart? How minor is this minor heart attack? I think maybe ol' Dick hurt this guy maybe a little worse than they were at first letting on. Maybe this is that soviet style thing, where they say a guy has a severe cold, and then after a while they say walking pneumonia, and then then a long time later tey say dead.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 04:38 PM       
I can speak with authority when I say that a minor heart attack doesn't feel minor at all. In fact, it feels pretty fucking major.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he kicked the bucket, and this did turn out to be a cover-up. If there's one thing powerful people hate, it's looking stupid.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 05:29 PM       
If the guy dies, then do you think Cheney will be tried?

Obviously, if the guy lives and exonerates Cheney, then there is no need for a trial.
say what now?
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM       
If you're hunting without a permit and you accidently shoot a guy, then it's felony...

If the guy dies, then it's manslaugther...

If you're Dick Cheney, the NRA upgrades your membership and throw you a fucking party...
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 11:32 AM       
" If there's one thing powerful people hate, it's looking stupid."
-Sspad.

"Oh, and accidentally personally killing someone they know."
-Me.

It also occurs to me that this is the closest to combat experience the VP has ever come.