Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:09 PM       
I think it'd be a better start to get rid of Guam to save on the federal budget than not allowing private organizations contribute to the economy with their retarded views.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 01:28 AM       
So what would you propose davin? That the government set up an agency for determining which ideas are so outlandish that they no one should be allowed to present them as facts? Things that can only be believed if the people who believe them don't really believe them or talk about them as if they were true?

And it's not like they're 'disguising' religious beliefs as fact, the organization is called 'answers in genisis', they've got priests in the museum to answer questions, and their premise seems to be that the bible is always right. So where's the disguise? It's one thing for these intelligent design people to be trying to teach their nonsense in public classrooms, it's another thing for a private organization to express their beliefs. If you don't like it, set up your own museum, or go there and argue with them, or do some other private action, don't think that the state should step on their necks for believing ridiculous things.

Sirhamalot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas
I think it'd be a better start to get rid of Guam to save on the federal budget than not allowing private organizations contribute to the economy with their retarded views.
Perhaps making Guam a state would be a better economic strategy than letting it govern itself as an independent country. Also the amount we have invested in building military facilities (and future construction), added to the fact that it is an area that is much more convienient to deploy troops quickly to China or Korea from than Hawaii. On top of it all the amount of troops in Okinawa, Japan will shrink soon and go to you know where (Guam).
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirhamalot
Perhaps making Guam a state would be a better economic strategy than letting it govern itself as an independent country.
DC needs to come before you turkeys.