Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 05:16 PM        Mistake is code word for bullshit
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said on Tuesday he was mistaken when he stated last week that the U.S. military had stopped paying Iraqi newspapers to publish pro-American articles.

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...rc=ActiveBuddy
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 09:16 PM       
sorry, geggy, but i can't focus on anything you're saying for that hideous avatar.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 10:11 PM       
so you think that a man who deals with thousands of things a day and has to be informed on every topic might not ever make a mistake?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:48 AM       
I know, it's pretty bad to expect a cabinet secretary to keep track or look into issues before speaking about them.

Seriously, you're in the army. This guy is your boss. You think e's doing a good job? You know who he is, right? Donald Rumsfeld? You're not just making some sort of asinine knee jerk response?

You know the issue in question here is one that's proved a real embarassment to the administration, not as big say as torture, but big enough. The sort of thing the secretary might want to know if he'd discontinued or not, since it's his call. As secretary of defense. That's who Rumsfled is, by the way, the secretary of Defense. The kind of job where a lot ought to be expected of you, and if you're not up to the task you might want to step aside on account of how important the job is.

But sure, give the guy a break, he's human, he makes mistakes. He also lies a lot, though. And he's abrassive and contemptous and a lot of career military think he doesn't know shit from Shinola. But I'm not in the service and you are. Is there a lot of grass roots support amongst the grunt for Donald Rumsfeld?

You really, seriously know who he is?
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 09:52 AM       
Oh, and Geggy, I thought from the title you were going to talk about all those laid of workers who got their jobs back at the alternative fuel plant less than 24 hours before W gave a speech there, and it turned out the government cutting their funding to the bone so that the had to lay off s0 many workers was a 'mistake', and that really there was 5 million clams just laying around they could have out of the multi million dollar hit their budget took as long as that 5 mil was used just to rehire the workers in time for the speech and not to, you know, fund the programs they were working on. Kind of makes you wonder what the hell they'll be doing now that the speech is over and they have all these re-hired workers for programs that no longer exist. There's just so many'msitakes' which are actually bullshit out there right now, it's hard to choose.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 07:25 AM       
Think about it: we are dealing with a guy that speaks on countless issues, and a lot of these are not always and immediately up to date on policy. When he is dealing with the military it is not as if he isn't dealing with millions of people doing millions of things, and so if you think that he is responsible for each, indvidual occurrence would it be appropriate that I started holding you accountable for what each of your familes, friends, coworkers, etc. do with their lives?

I think Rumsfeld is okay.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 09:47 AM       
But you think that because you are a very dim bulb!

See, I work at the Museum of Science. Nowhere in my job desription does it even mention my responsability regarding each of my family, friends, coworkers, etc. do with their lives. The smal number of people I am responsible for, I tend to. And if I screw up, nobody dies, it doesn't cost billions of dollars and the chances of the world ending are statistically zero.

If the next Preident of the United states says to me "Say, Max, would you pleae be secretary of Defense"? I'm going to say "No, sir. I am totally unqualified for that job and it would be very, very dangerous to put someone as unqualified as I am in that position on account of how there are lives on the line, billions of dollars at stake, and the possability fi starting a conflict which eventually ends all life on earth. I strongly recomend you choose someone who would be really really above average, maybe even great at the job. Becuase it's one of the most important jobs on earth and you, and the people you choose should be held to a far higher standard than the avergae Joe. Because if the averge Joe held either of your jobs? It could be very, very dangerous. But I know you know that sir, beause only a very dim bulb wouldn't know that."
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 11:27 AM       
Oh come on sadie, how could you not enjoy my avatar what appears to be an art of grotesque? A fat naked man inside a cardboard box...absolutely genius...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Oh, and Geggy, I thought from the title you were going to talk about all those laid of workers who got their jobs back at the alternative fuel plant less than 24 hours before W gave a speech there, and it turned out the government cutting their funding to the bone so that the had to lay off s0 many workers was a 'mistake', and that really there was 5 million clams just laying around they could have out of the multi million dollar hit their budget took as long as that 5 mil was used just to rehire the workers in time for the speech and not to, you know, fund the programs they were working on. Kind of makes you wonder what the hell they'll be doing now that the speech is over and they have all these re-hired workers for programs that no longer exist. There's just so many'msitakes' which are actually bullshit out there right now, it's hard to choose.
I'm surprised I've not heard anything about this but thanks for filling me in. So many 'mistakes', so little time, you know? if Rumsfeld made mistakes saying that Iraq had WMDs as a pretext to invade, if Rumsfeld made mistakes when he said millions of americans are going to be infected with bird flu so he can make millions off Tamiflu, then why should I trust anything this guy say at all? Wasn't Rumsfeld the one who first commanded the army to plant stories in Iraq press to give the Iraqi's a better idea of why we're in Iraq in which these stories may be propaganda? It was getting a lot of publicity when the news on the fact that the Army was planting stories broke out few months ago, how would you want to wiggle your way out of the hole yet wanting to continue to plant stories? By tellng as many mistakes as you can to get away with it. Recently he was complaining that they're (they're' as in neocons, I refuse to say we as americans) losng the war on propagnada, I just started laughing.