Mechanic 3 20.00%
Medic 1 6.67%
Sniper 0 0%
Spy 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Almighty Samfucius
Samfucius is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 01:48 AM        Best Team Fortress 2 Class
My personal favorite would be the Pyro, but the Sniper is much more usefull(when the player doesn't SUCK)
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 02:18 AM       
ranger/cleric
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:59 AM       
druid/ranger is much better

although I've always prefered plain ranger :/
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 08:23 AM       
I don't think there is a best class, as each class has a role which is tailored to suit a specific task within the team. Although it could be argued that there are best classes for specific maps (depending on if you're attacking or defending). For example the best class in Well is the Soldier.

The demo man is a pretty good all-rounder because the sticky bombs are perfect for taking out sentry and defending cap points, but without any real direct fire weapon they make easy targets for scouts and alike.

It could also be said that the medic is the best class because you can support the front line giving your team the ability to keep constant pressure on a cap point.

I would also disagree that the sniper is the best class. I don't think I've ever seen a game which has been won based on the actions of a sniper, whereas a good spy or medic/heavy combo can completely destroy an enemy cap point. The only level I can think of in which a sniper can make a real difference is the last stage/last cap point of dustbowl.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM       
I said scout because those fuckers are retarded when some twitch UT2K3 players are using them ;<
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:31 PM       
Heavy all the way.

"Many people can outsmart me. I have yet to see people outsmart bullet."
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
I have killed so many heavies as a scout, demoman, and spy that I'm beginning to think their uniform should have a big target on it.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I have killed so many heavies as a scout, demoman, and spy that I'm beginning to think their uniform should have a big target on it.
I guess it depends on who you play with. I played Team Fortress on X-Box Live and I've always done exceedingly well...

Then again, I usually always make sure I got a Medic behind me and an Engineer making ammo dumps...
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
I'd say Granary is the best Heavy map. Mainly because most other people go scout and at short ranges you can turn scouts to Swiss cheese in about 3 seconds flat.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM       
I'm fuckin' silly as a pyro. They're faster than people take them for and they're the most annoying class.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM       
The funniest class is the Spy... I see so many people just fuck up it up... Like they go for that stab kill at the most inoppurtune times.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:51 PM       
I hate it when fucking retards can't tell that a spy is sapping their sentry. Meanwhile, I'm shooting the cloaked dude and they don't know why I'm shooting at the "ally," aside from the fact that HE HAS MY DAMN NAME.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM       
That's why G(abe?)od invented the Pyro.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:54 PM       
Seriously.

Its like some of the retards from Halo went to Team Fortress out of rejection, so they can make that game suck just as bad.

I'm more of a Rainbow Six person myself.... Tactics > Run N' Gun.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
I think TF2 has a much greater range of tactics than RS.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:56 PM       
But nobody wants to be the Pyro. So then I switch to the Pyro, even though I want to be a medic, scout, heavy, and engineer at once.

I play the offensive engineer on 2Fort where I grab the flag and run it back. I'll build a turret halfway around a corner to take care of any tails if they're pretty slow.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM       
By the way, the Spy's gun is extremely evil and powerful. I love it so.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I think TF2 has a much greater range of tactics than RS.
You're correct, simply because its a class based game.

Its also great that you can apply a Rainbowesque mindset to playing this game, because I've noticed most people don't play in any sort of organized fashion, and communicate even less.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM       
I like to play as the spy, and pyro, for the whole 10 minutes I got to play.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Fun haver
Max Radical is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM       
I agree that as a class-based game, there is no best or worst class in any situation. It's all subjective. Except for the goddamn sniper: if you're playing as a sniper, I will guarantee you that there are at least eight more useful classes you could be in any situation, ever.

I'm a damn fine engineer myself, but I'm often the only one who looks at the "people on your team" list before choosing a class. More than half the team being engies = time to find another server. Other than that, my greatest joy in TF2 is setting spies on fire.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM       
New members, PM me your steam name for an I-mock steam group invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/iMock
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 05:33 PM       
My favorite is the Demoman, if only for the "Meet the Demoman" trailer.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM       
I HAVE THE 360 VERSION.

So I'll buy the Orange Box when I get around to making my Home Theater.
was never good
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM       
Aside from loving the scout, I'm usually a demoman, engineer, or spy.

I usually do better as a pyro, but I hate them.
Choking Hazard
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM       
I never really see anyone play as the Sniper... Granted, I've played this game a grand total of three times, but what gives?