Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:01 AM        Brian Eno
Any fans out there? I was into the ambient for a little time, but the first stuff I heard from him and will always be my favorite is the early punk stuff. I saw a guy on here with the username Blank Frank and it instantly compelled me to make this thread.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:13 AM       
I like Here Come the Warm Jets but that's it. Both Another Green World and Before and After Science are ok but a lot of it is too ambient for me. I seriously tried, I mean actually really tried, to appreciate his ambient works but I eventually I realized that I found nothing redeeming about it after multiple listens. More often than not even during the first listen (especially Discreet Music, which is 32 minutes of the same boring 45 seconds looped over and over again).

If someone could enlighten my as to why ambient music is interesting I'll gladly hear them out. I even tried Tangerine Dream which is more science-y ambient than Brian Eno's earthly ambient stuff, but seriously, shit's boring.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:37 AM       
Ambient is great for sleep music. I really only like Eno with vocals now. Nerve Net has some good stuff on if. It's a little techno though. I also love the fisrt Devo album. I bet it wouldn't have been as great if Eno didn't produce it.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:46 AM       
Yeah I love Eno as a side man for non-ambient projects. Some Roxy Music albums are good, and he worked on my two favorite Talking Heads albums. And yeah the first Devo album is great. Apparently he worked with U2 and David Bowie, and although I don't like either I haven't given the albums he produced a chance yet.

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:26 PM       
Eno has collaberated with U2 on almost all their albums since the Unforgetable Fire.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:38 PM       
The Bowie collaborations are good if you like bowie. My favorite one is Low. I never liked the U2 stuff.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM       
Brian Eno has also collaborated with Robert Fripp of King Crimson fame. They made something in the mid 70's called "No Pussyfooting". Unfortunately, I haven't really heard it except for some live excerpts off of a King Crimson effort called "The Great Deceiver". I used to have "Here Come The Warm Jets' and "Taking Tiger Mountain: By Strategy" but lost them before I could get into anything more than "Third Uncle".

Edit: Eno did collaborate with Bowie on "1.Outside". That album kicks ass.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:06 AM       
I forgot about 1.Outside. Yeah that is a great album. I hated the Eno/Fripp albums. I only like Fripp in King Crimson and League of Crafty Guitarists.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:54 AM       
Fripp's solo on "Baby's on Fire" is my all time favorite guitar solo

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:41 AM       
I forgot. Eno also had a band called 801 that I really liked. Only did 1 live album. It is said that 801 means

Eight
Nill
One
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
Considering sharing my rare ENO. It's not sold anywhere so it shouldn't be illegal.
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM       
Whoops, a thread I posted in seriously.

Sorry I-Mockery it won't happen again

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 02:31 PM       
So much for posting my live Zappa then too
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM       
haha i could post my rad bootleg of a les claypool's frog brigade show too that i recorded myself
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:40 PM       
I wish Frank wasn't so against live recordings being shared
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM       
Yeah but he's dead and his wife is an idiot so fair game in my opinion

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 02:40 PM       
As a MOD how do you feel about it? Sharing live shows a bad idea?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM       
http://www.carpenterarts.org/0910eno.html
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM       
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM       
God, you are a sexy man.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM       
dude i love love love his first two albums and nothing beyond that

ALSO it's not "eight nill one" it's "eight nought one" jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

or eight oh one if you're listening to the true wheel which you should be because omg awesome
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 11:12 AM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 01:08 PM       
haha
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:00 PM       
BLANK FRANK HE IS THE MESSENGER OF YOUR DOOM AND YOUR DESTRUCTION

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:20 AM       
the fat lady of limbourg looked at the samples that we sent and furrowed her brow |