Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM       
also no fucking people
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 05:22 PM       
I like to go to comedies in theaters. Now I go to the expensive theaters with big comfy seats and you can bring in drinks from the bar. There hasn't been a comedy worth seeing in a long time though, unless I missed one.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I like to go to comedies in theaters. Now I go to the expensive theaters with big comfy seats and you can bring in drinks from the bar. There hasn't been a comedy worth seeing in a long time though, unless I missed one.

THE EXPENDABLES.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM       
Grand Theft Parsons. Was actually a pretty good movie.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
Inception. I really enjoyed it.
I'm used to good special effects now days, but this movie has really good special effects!
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 05:23 PM       
I'd like to watch the extras on inception.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 08:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Inception. I really enjoyed it.
I'm used to good special effects now days, but this movie has really good special effects!
I just liked the unusual concept of the movie, especially the way the more dreams you go in, the more time passes differently than in the real world

But I liked it, and every movie I have seen with DeCaprio I have enjoyed, he has quickly become one of my favorite actors
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM       
Observe and Report, because my brother wants that cake as a bday cake:

It had some funny moments. That was the year of the "mall cop" movie.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM       
It didn't get enough props coz of that Kevin James abortion, though.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM       
Ray Liotta is one of those guys who shows his stage makeup too well, though. It's something in the eyes. I think that Ed Helms kind of has problems with that too.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 04:16 AM       
What I learned from Tron Legacy:

1) I can't wait for the future where we all wear sexy body suits. Hot damn.
2) Whoever wrote the lines for this movie should be fired and kept away from any kind of writing mechanism for the rest of his life. Jesus Christ.
3) I would do horrible things to Olivia Wilde even if her bangs were horribly crooked. The way she reacted to every line in the movie like it was the most fascinating thing she ever heard just made it even better.

At first I thought the movie would be amazing (the whole "ISOs" concept was pretty neat) but the plot just reverts back to stupid action mush, the characters have some awful lines, and the action scenes got a little confusing in a few spots cause 90% of the screen is black.

It could be worse, but it could be way better. Oh, and the digital Jeff Bridges was really impressive if you didn't focus on him for too long.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 06:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Observe and Report, because my brother wants that cake as a bday cake:

It had some funny moments. That was the year of the "mall cop" movie.
That was a very dark movie, and the end was kind of nonsensical
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 08:19 AM       
The whole thing was nonsensical... but I agree that it was pretty dark. I'm not 100% on why it was billed as a wacky comedy.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 12:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
At first I thought the movie would be amazing (the whole "ISOs" concept was pretty neat) but the plot just reverts back to stupid action mush, the characters have some awful lines, and the action scenes got a little confusing in a few spots cause 90% of the screen is black.
That's what I was expecting from it so I wasn't disappointed.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 12:53 PM       
bounce ko gals -
some shitty movie about japanese compensating dating

kirikou and the wild beasts -
obviously not as good as the original, but i'll enjoy just about anything michel ocelot has done

cria cuervos -
i guess people like it since it has a criterion collection re-release. it wasn't so bad, just boring. also it stars one of charlie chaplin's daughters. i noticed the name in the opening credits but didn't want to immediately assume she was a daughter... but then she appeared on screen.
Forum Virgin
Charlie.Burp is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 10:29 PM       
Friday the 13th ( The remake;'09) - For everyone that saw the first "Friday the 13th" dont kill me for saying this but I never saw the 1st one. I hope the first one was really good because the remake kind of sucked. It was kind of the same as any other scary movie. Same Ole cliches; Rowdy college kids show up to woods for a camping trip or whatever. Overly sexual couple are one of the first too die, Soon after the only black guy in the film dies next for trying to act so tough [ Puts up a good fight though. ] Boy and his cautious girlfriend face off killer. Boy ends up getting killed off and girl runs off. Seems like she's the only one out of rowdy bunch to survive but later on at the end, Suprise ! Killer pops out of no where and kills her. Turns out he's not dead after all and here comes a sequel.

Sorry. I tend to babble and something tells me I watch too much television.

Renata ( spanish movie ) - I just love a good foreign movie with subtitles. Romance movie and quite a tear jerker.

Drag Me To Hell - Hate it, Hate it, Hate it. I thought this movie would be really good and scary but watching the first few minutes of it I wanted to claw my eyes out. I was expecting a Horror film, not a Horror comedy. I think I'm the only one who hated this film because everyone seemed to just love it. Maybe because I absolutley hate Horror comedys? Yea.

Ninja Asassin - I love ninjas ! & Assassins This movie is pretty good in my opinion. Of course I could be saying this because of my strange obsession with Ninjas.. The story was pretty off but all the blood and gore made up for it.
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 10:39 PM       
fuck that, give me five element ninjas anyday.

(and yeah, the f13 remake was balls)
Forum Virgin
Charlie.Burp is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM       
Epic !
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 11:26 PM       
you can see the full thing on youtube. from what i remember, it's worth watching. if i remember right, the plot is basically a bunch of ninja saying that they are better fighters than the chinese, and then they kill a bunch of chinese, and then a couple of chinese dudes learn how to fight back and kill a bunch of ninja.

good stuff.

generally shaw brothers wuxia films are.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 10:35 AM       
Drag me to hell was great but I was expecting it to be splatstick. This local channel had a bad ninja marathon on the other day.

Enter the Ninja and Revenge of the Ninja.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM       
I'm sick of all the animal-killing in the latest round of horror movies (Drag Me to Hell, Halloween, whatever that one was where the guy in the leather mask stalked the people in the house and killed that cat in the window)
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Animal cruelty is a common trait of psychopathic killers.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 03:23 PM       
I understand that, but I think that the nature of the portrayals has been a bit gratuitous. There's always some sick fuck out there who will have a lightbulb go off over his/her head when they see it.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I understand that, but I think that the nature of the portrayals has been a bit gratuitous. There's always some sick fuck out there who will have a lightbulb go off over his/her head when they see it.
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/eatin...100351874.html

Old Dec 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM       
i'm not a big fan of animal killing in films, but that's because i like animals.

i very distinctly remember the scene from fear, which i saw well over a decade ago, in which the boy blows the dog whistle to call the pup back inside, and then mark whalberg pushes the severed dog head through the dog-door. fuck that movie!