Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Not Just Normal Asia, Its
Goat Cheese is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
The only Starfox I know and love lives on the N64.
[x] High-Five The Harlem Globetrotters
[_] Become an I-mockery god
[_] Defeat Lenor
[_] Become Womti's Best Friend
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:21 PM       
I actually like the new super mario bros way more than 3. While SMWorld had more content, the new super mario bros just feel so polished and old-skool that I still think it's a better game ;< I played SMWorld about a year ago and it was just a really boring experience ;<
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:47 PM       
I thought it was just too overhyped and the touchscreen/dualscreen features really weren't that innovative in NSMB. I thought the whole "oldschool" aspect of the game was marred by average level design, and overall, I didnt think it lived up to the early games in terms of gameplay.

Anyways, on topic
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 03:09 AM       
Whats SOTN? Please dont hit me for asking that.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:51 AM       
jesus christ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlev...y_of_the_Night

Basically what SotN is is a reinvention of Castlevania, instead of going with the same linear action style gameplay they went in more of a Metroid direction. They also added RPG elements, i.e. leveling up and getting progressively more powerful shit. You're this Vampire Hunter Dish dude, Alucard, and you're basically going around Dracula's castle RUINING everyone until you meet him and kill him. There's probably more to it than that, but I've never actually played it so I really don't know.
Official forum judge
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 11:12 AM       
To add to that bad synopsis, the game starts off with the final showdown between Richter Belmont and Dracula (which occured in the previous game, Rondo of Blood and it's American counterpart, Dracula X). Three years pass and you are in control of Alucard, the son of Dracula, who was awakened from his deep sleep after the premature ressurection of Dracula and his castle, to put a stop to it. You eventually will meet up with Maria, Richter's sister-in-law, eventually, who has been searching for him since his disappearance following the reemergence of the castle. Basically, what was said Metroid-style level description and RPG/experience system is accurate. What also made the game different from the others in the series was that Alucard's arsenal included mostly swords (no whips), he used magic spells and more advanced shapeshifting, and overall, he was a lot smoother and easier to control than most of the character's from previous games. Now you should go and spend $60 looking for it on Ebay, ZBF.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 04:58 PM       
I take it back. Spectrobes looks like it's shaping up to be a bitchin' game. Looks like Pokemon on acid or something.

http://ds.qj.net/Watch-Rallen-in-act...g/49/aid/81632
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 07:34 PM       
heh... Alucard is such a bitch in Dracula's Curse..

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Official forum judge
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 07:45 PM       
As mediocre as he was in Castlevania III, I was so blown away by the fact that you could turn into a bat and fly to safety in the event of being knocked over a platform, I tried to call a friend of mine about it.