Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Virgin
ThaddiusB is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 12:31 PM        Skinned Deep
Back a few years ago I bought a whole slew of horror movies from a Blockbuster for a buck or two each before this particular location bit the dust and became a Family Video (which is somehow still there). I never really got around to watching all of them, and the stack of mostly paper DVD sleeves and curiously sticky dvd boxes got pushed by the wayside.

I recently rediscovered them when my better half made me clean the basement entertainment center. Rather than actually clean, I starting thumbing through the lot of them. I landed on one called "Skinned Deep", primarily because of the cover art, which featured a monster with a metal face called "The Surgeon General". I'd post a picture or a link, but since I've posted here all of zero times since joining back in 2008, it won't let me. Anywho, it turns out that in addition to the Surgeon General, there are a whole grab bag of other monsters that are all in some strange family unit together. Shockingly, the Surgeon General turned out to be the least memorable one of the bunch to me.

Most notably, the cover is entirely void of any mention of the movie's biggest star, the one and only Warwick Davis, curiously playing the role of "Plates". Plates throws plates at people from a cute little backpack, and seems to have the ability to summon more plates from the dirt if his backpack runs dry. He also likes to dance about. His appearance in this movie makes me feel that this must have been a tough time in Mr. Davis' life, particularly when his character fights an 80 year old shirtless man named "shakes" and loses in spectacularly horrible fashion. Anyone else seen this bad/good gem? I'm kind of excited to see what else my stack of Blockbuster bounty holds.

Last edited by ThaddiusB : Aug 26th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 07:10 PM       
Thanks for the review! I've never even heard of this movie. I'll have to track it down sometime.
Please do post if you find any other "gems".
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 22nd, 2014, 10:52 PM       
Good video review. http://phelous.com/2009/06/09/phelou.../skinned-deep/