Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
There are certain things only the PS2's graphics engine can do that not even the X-Box can do. And personally, I see nothing overly inferior in the graphics when compared to GC and XB.
PS2 graphics are blatantly inferior. Not that graphics mean anything... but let's not be silly here.

However, if you can show me a pic of anything on PS2 that looks better than the graphically impressive GC and XBox titles, or could not be pulled off by GC or XBox, I'd love to see it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:48 AM       
Graphically speaking, the GC and X-Box are naturally going to look better. But the PS2's Emotion Engine can produce smoke and water effects that can't be replicated on either opposing system. That's all I was saying.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:46 AM       
Hmm... I think that might be bullshit from Sony's PR. I'm far from up to date with the hardware of the latest consoles, but I think that it's pretty much all about the software of the games when it comes to special effects.

I enjoyed the N64. I'm very careful about what games I buy since, to me, a videogame is not a cheap purchase. Most of the games lasted me very long, so I wasn't bothered by the lesser amount of games compared to other systems. Besides, Playstation had a load of shitty titles that you might've gotten suckered into... N64 had them to of course, but I believe the ratio of decent games was higher. The controller was absurdly large and weirdly shaped, but I got used to it. Definitely not optimal, though. Then again, I once rented a Playstation for a week, and the screwholes on the underside wore my fingers red and raw.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 1st, 2003, 01:08 PM       
okay, fuck anybody bashing nintendo. you bitch in this thread, but i will bet that when you get off you go play mario 64 or wind waker. cunts.

i loved the n64, the leap from the SNES to the 64 was just fucking incredible and it was a hell of a lot more fun than the PSX was in its early life.

Sony jumped the gun a bit with the PS2 release, it was the same thing that had happened to the Dreamcast. other companies waited longer and were able to release a more powerful system.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:20 PM       
I can't believe that most of the Nintendo bitching is about the additional hardware and optional stuff it offers. Fuck, it is obviously selling so someone is buying it. That doesn't mean you have to. It doesn't hurt the quality of the games or systems. It just adds to it.... if you want to that is. They aren't force feeding you.

I bought my GBA when it came out and I don't care about the SP. I'll buy it when my other one has no use to me. I'm at least happy that they decided to fix some of the problems with the original design and make a badass new one.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:25 PM       
The only way I'd ever buy a GBA SP is if they had some deal that when you trade in a GBA you get a GBA SP for free.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
Sony jumped the gun a bit with the PS2 release, it was the same thing that had happened to the Dreamcast. other companies waited longer and were able to release a more powerful system.
Actually I disagree. The dreamcast had nothing even close to it its entire life....in alot of ways the dreamcast is more powerful than the ps2 even.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
I can't believe that most of the Nintendo bitching is about the additional hardware and optional stuff it offers.
That's part of what I was saying. If you are a completionist, if you feel that you must find EVERYTHING and see EVERY ending, unlock EVERY secret in the game before you consider it beaten, you are either forced to shell out at least $50 for a new costume and an original NEW version (which isn't much, but as a completionist it aggravates me to no end) or have an unfinished game, and that actually means something. To me, at least.
Mocker
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:17 PM       
Yea but I sure being that anal retentive leads to bigger problems in life than this.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:30 PM       
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:36 PM       
It doesn't result in a unfinished game at all, it just adds to it and so far nothing really too special has happened. Zelda you get to have tingle on your gba... whoopity fuck.

In Metroid, having those extras is just a nice little gesture for the people who bought both games. I have no problem with it and it doesn't add to your percentage or anything.

It makes me laugh that your actually aggravated that if you want to you can have extras.

I don't see why you wouldn't have bought Metroid Fusion if you like metroid anyway. It's a great game.

Mr. Completionist... (aka: guide user)

Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:38 PM       
I personally like anything Nintendo has made up so far. They have been a smash hit, but Gamecube is having some problems. I liked all of Nintendo's systems so far, and I have all of them hooked up, except Virtual Boy, which I never even played.

Jamesman, why buy a PS2 when the only difference is water and heat waving technology? Sure, it has good games, but FS is right, and it goes for PS2. I admit there are some good games on it, but most of the games are pretty bad. (I know this because my brother has a PS2.) You can rarely find a decent game that is not commercialized (i.e. magazines, t.v. ect.)

I'm not saying that PS2 is a bad system, just not to my liking. Everyone has their own opinion, and I am not against anyone on the system debate. I like what I like, and I hate what I hate.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:46 PM       

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:49 PM       
PC = Best
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:49 PM       

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 1st, 2003, 06:56 PM       
Skulhedface, I used to think you where a moron, and now, it is confirmed that you are indeed, a complete and utter idiot .
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:38 PM       
Bottom line:

-Next to no GC or GBA games appeal to me.
-I think all the addons for the GBA and GC are pointless pieces of crap, and a cheap way to try and squeeze some extra cash out of consumers.
-If Nintendo doesn't give me a GBA SP in exchange for my original, I'll never buy a Nintendo product again.
-I'm very happy with my PS2, and the games for it, which is more than I can say for the other systems.
-That's really all that matters.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:50 PM       
translation:

Bottom line:

Mocker
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:53 PM       
Dont you think that was a bit insensitive Mockery?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:53 PM       
The only thing about trading in an old GBA for a GBA SP is that nintendo would probably lose some big money on the deal, so I don't think it's going to happen
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
Dont you think that was a bit insensitive Mockery?
Nah, it's alright. I don't mind if Rog needs to reflect his own emotional problems onto me to make it seem like he's NOT the one throwing a hissy-fit.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:43 PM       
-If Nintendo doesn't give me a GBA SP in exchange for my original, I'll never buy a Nintendo product again.

:hissyfit

You know, if Nintendo doesn't give me a GBA SP in exchange for my original Gameboy, I'll never buy a Nintendo product again.
Mocker
Old May 1st, 2003, 11:54 PM       
I swear to god if sony doesnt give me the small psone in exchange for my playstation I am gonna murder some bitches
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 2nd, 2003, 12:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
You know, if Nintendo doesn't give me a GBA SP in exchange for my original Gameboy, I'll never buy a Nintendo product again.
See, I know this is supposed to be a joke. But that funny part is nowhere to be found.

If that's what you wanna do, fine. But I still insist on writing a letter to Nintendo regarding my distaste for their practices. And if they want me to remain a consumer, I expect them to show SOME concern for the fact that I am no satisfied.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:51 AM       
And I'm sure they'll straighten up and fly right after reading your dissapproving letter!

That was very funny. Well done.