Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 11:43 AM        Suggestions on how to cool my CPU
y helo thar

Here's my current speedfan report:

When playing games, the last 'Video' report can go as high as 72-75 C.

At any rate, it's clear that only the CPU and Video card are overheating, and I really do not want to underclock it. I have a pretty decent heatsink/fan combo on the processor:

This is the video card:

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320 MB PCIex 16x 1.0

This is the case:

Originally, I had thought to put a fan in the front, but it turns out it's passive (aka NO) intake. Also, the heatsink is too large for me to fit the air duct over it. That air duct itself has two fans it in - a 92mm one for the processor and an 80mm one for the graphics card. But yeah, it isn't on atm.

I had gotten the case years and years ago because it's quiet. I'm willing to sacrifice a liiiiittle of the silence for protecting my machinery, but I really don't want to bore huge holes in the thing, cause that will just totally ruin it. However, should I give a thought to optical drive bay fans or something?

SUGGESTIONS, PRZ.