Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 06:59 AM        Job interviews where the interviewer asks no questions
Has anyone else had this? I've had two job interviews recently where I got asked no questions. What's the point? At the first one I literally said "have you got any questions for me?" to the guy interviewing me. At the second one I had to pathetically talk about how great I am with no prompting like some egomaniac douchebag. Is this a common thing or am I just unlucky?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM       
Unlucky is my guess. When interviewing I always try to ask questions testing the background of the interviewee.
You may already be there.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM       
I've never had that happen to me. It seems like most of the time the interviewer will just ask behavioral and background questions.
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM       
At that point you should realize that hes not going to hire you and you should berate him for wasting your time with this unorthodox nonsense. Tell him that you find it personally insulting that he would not even prepare for the interview and then try to pass it off as some new age methods shit.

Also see my thread "Helpful Tips by Evil Robot".
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM       
^^^ This

may get you a job as the next CEO.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 01:24 PM       
the last two interviews i had were essentially "do you want to work here?" "ok." "when can you start?"

and now i can't get an interview.

probably unlucky, though. i've never had a questionless interview.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 08:17 PM       
My last interview turned out to be more of an orientation that ended with "can you start tonight?". The one before that... I walked in and sat down, the guy started telling me about the company then asked me "got any questions?". I asked "Yeah, did I get the job?". He says "no, not yet. I will call you.". Never heard from that guy.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 08:40 PM       

fuck all of those people

the only job i got offered an interview at recently sent me a fucking e-mail offering me the interview. So i went to their website to schedule an interview and it said they were all filled.

cocksuckers.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM       
The last interview I did was just for a grad student assistant job. He ended up talking my ear off for nearly 30 minutes and didn't really ask me much.

It was only between me and this one girl and I'm pretty sure I lost out on the job because the girl was hot

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2011, 09:02 PM       
cocksuckers
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM       
When they ask me "hows does this you work well from 1 to 10" i always say "1" and they dont like it.

its because im number 1 at it
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 09:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
The last interview I did was just for a grad student assistant job. He ended up talking my ear off for nearly 30 minutes and didn't really ask me much.

It was only between me and this one girl and I'm pretty sure I lost out on the job because the girl was hot
You should have interviewed as a hotter looking girl though.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM       
Quote:
"hows does this you work well from 1 to 10"
i guess you're on topic, since that isn't a question
BANNED

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM       
yea i thought you were supposed to be some hot chick esulohim

have some pride god damnit
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
When they ask me "hows does this you work well from 1 to 10" i always say "1" and they dont like it.

its because im number 1 at it
Yeah I don't think that sentence makes any sense. I sure hope you don't speak like you write.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM       
if you're applying for a desirable position in which two dozen other people have also applied to, don't expect them to know your resume at all -- they'll probably only graze through it a minute or so before the interview and during, so they end up not knowing anything about you from the start.

if you're applying for a poorly advertised availability, or one that nobody wants, they'll probably take the time to read your resume, and if you did it right, there shouldn't be any questions to begin with. so yeah.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Buttmunch
Tacobot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 04:38 AM       
Sorry to hear, i would pretty pissed off if someone wasted my time with some BS like that.
For all the shitty interviews i was doing recently, they would at the least try figure out if yer a psyco.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM       
Sometimes people see interviews as ego trips, so they like to play god and do psychological bullshit to fuck with people.

I've been having to interview a ton of people lately, and I'm slowly getting better at it.
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 10:56 PM       
I've never had an interview without questions. Weird. Mine are always the stereotypical interview questions that are supposed to give the interviewer insight into how you work. Only trouble I've ever had is when they ask me to talk about myself. I always freeze up when asked to describe myself.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 07:20 AM       
"If you were a tree, what kind would it be?"

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Two of the stupidest interview questions ever asked.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM       
you've seriously been asked that tree question? that's awesome.

i'd probably answer "tsuga canadensis because they're hard-working and get along well with co-workers and always show up on time!" but really it's because i'm being eaten to death by bugs
Full of Cartoons
cartooncart is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 04:37 PM       
By the way, if they ask you if you have any questions, you should always prepare a question about stupid bullshit. I got a job and during the "do you have questions" period, I asked them about their policies on environmental issues, etc...
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM       
The best thing is to task them questions about their job. Gushing and getting them happy is a good trick.
BANNED

Old Dec 16th, 2011, 06:25 PM       
the best thing to do is ask them if they want a blowjob
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM       
^^^This.

Protip - If you're being interviewed by a woman, this trick may not work. Be observant!