Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Systemz is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Word, Sades, word.
I remember throwing the controller across the room because I fell into a lava pit just one too many times, screaming that Link was a "Little Elfin Bitch" - this was a pretty common occurence but the controller arced across the den and slammed into my buddy's face - he had got so used to me screaming at the television he didn't even blink when I told him to "watch out!". It cracked him right in the temple and the cord wrapped around his neck - it seriously looked like he had been strangled to death by the N64.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 07:58 PM       
the cords to two of our 64 controllers are barely hanging on 'cause my son gets that way, too. i've had to put the damn thing up in the closet more times than i can count.
he beat that game the first time when he was five. and he talked me through a few of those bosses the first time i got through it.

a few times, i've dreamed i was in this big old house and all of the sudden, there's this huge hand coming from the ceiling at me.

and i like that sades. :P

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:59 PM       
That's why they keep me around
It think it's cool you play Zelda. I remember when my parents got me my NES - it was Christmas Day, 1988 - and I went totally batshit. I was playing and my Dad was watching - and he started to ask me wierd questions like "how do you run fast?" and making comments on my gameplay. Suddenly it was time for dinner and he's like "I think you've had enough, son". So we have dinner and I go play transformers for awhile, and around 9:00 I walk into the living room and dad's got the NES controller in his hand - all he says is "it's time for bed. Kiss your Mom goodnight". So being the good boy I am I go to bed. I sleep dreams of goomba stomping and get up at 7:30 to play me some Duck Hunt - and he's still there - razor stubble, in his underpants (clothes tossed all over) on level eight, fighting Bowser. And when he finally beats him my Dad shouts to the heavens There, damn you! I am the master! I am the king! I AM SUPER MARIO! and then passes out on the couch. He never touched an NES controller again.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2003, 02:00 AM       
haha.
my son is with my ex, who lives with his brother, every other week. and he's constantly complaining that one or the other of those "adults" won't let him play when he wants. his nana bought him his own tv to shut him up.
i was like that when we first got the super nes. the zelda. up all night. it kicked my butt at first. i remember being so scared of dying in that first castle. lol. i wouldn't get close enough to the dude with the mace to kill him. and i had to get that damn zelda out of the cell to move on. needless to say, i hadn't played video games since we had an atari growing up. it didn't take long before i was with it.

Old Feb 12th, 2003, 04:37 AM       
My cousin had me over the other day and we were playing Halo on his X Box and I swear to God I felt like an old bastard for someone of two decades... He's handing my ass to me in an FPS like I've never played a round of Doom in my life until I realized I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO OPERATE THE CONTROLLER. I was holding it like an N64 - which is to say, like a complete freak. My cousins mocked me for hours so I coerced them into pulling out their N64 where I bitchslapped them on Goldeneye for an hour. Nothing, but nothing, beats crushing someone half your age in a hyperviolent video game.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 10:44 AM       
I wouldn't feel bad when someone beats you on an N64. Feel bad for the guy who paid for it and will live out their olden years cursing at pain thanks the weird layout on that damn thing.

Seriously, a DC controller is a virtual massage compared to the N64 Torture Device.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:13 AM       
I remember these three things being a BIG drain on my parents' wallets:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
ANYTHING Nintendo
He-Man

oh, and by the way:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
i would, however, buy any mario stuff from back in the day, if anybody has some lying around
I STILL have a shitload of old Mario stuff, all in storage, which of course means all in good condition. But I'm a good 5 hours away from Dallas.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:49 AM       
where exactly are you?
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:35 PM       
Lafayette, LA.

It's a BITCH to even get through town right now though. Mardi Gras madness is in FULL SWING. Thank God I didn't have plans to go east, New Orleans this time of year is congested New York style.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 09:28 PM       
And none of you guys mention G.I. Joe ? Only one says Transformers? Those and Star Wars were my biggest loves after Thifty's Ice Cream and riding my "Night Rider" big wheel.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 01:03 AM       
I had all that stuff dude, I was picking out what I had the MOST of. I was spoiled as a kid. Weren't we all....well, most of us?