Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:13 PM        PS2 Problems
Do you have a playstation 2 from the year 2000 (Around when they first came out). If you do then have you been having problems? Like mine will no longer play CD's. Playstation 1 CD's, Playstation 2 CD's even music CD's will no longer play on the system. I'll put it in then about 2 minutes later it tells me that there was a disk read error. Does anyone else have this problem or a similar one?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:18 PM       
You shouldn't have tried to rape it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:41 PM       
I'd be worried, but mines pretty new. My friend can't play dvds or ps1 games on his anymore...but then again, I've got friends who's ps2 works just fine.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:49 PM       
my friend went to wal-mart bought a new one..opened up the casing and stuck the guts of the new one in the old one and returned it. that way the serials match. granted some might consider it immoral or some shit but fuck em for selling you a piece of shit.
________
needUloveMe2

Last edited by whoreable : May 6th, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:41 PM       
The early PS2's had a weak laser in them. Contact Sony and see if they'll replace it for you. I think they had a recall like that or some shit. If not, price it.

If you think that's bad, Best Buy tried to scam me with their extended warranty shit in a bad way. At the register, the girl told me that if I didn't play an extra $30 for a two-year policy that it'd probably fail: 1 out of every five they sold always did.

And you know what this $30 would have done? The first time it failed, they would simply give me another system off of their floor. The second time it failed, they would give me a fucking voucher so I could buy another one elsewhere. So, what have we learned today?

Best Buy sucks. Their DVD prices are okay for a brick-and-mortar store, but their hardware sucks donkey dick. I'll be damned if I buy anything related to hardware from those motherfuckers. $30 blackmail. Oh, by the way: my PS2 still works fine.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:37 PM       
I did the exact same thing as Whoreable's friend. It was easier to just get a new one. It's much easier on the pocketbook than buying a new one outright, although I'm sorry for the poor asshole that bought that one.

me is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 08:44 PM       
I was lucky enough to get one of the first PS2's when they came out and I have never had or heard of this problem but now I'm gonna check it out again. I'll be pissed if mine does it too. Thats a great idea about ripping out the guts of a new ps2 and switching em with the old one, what a great idea.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:49 AM       
Good luck with that.

I know not one, not two, but about FIVE people (myself included) that have that problem with their PS2s.

Not mine ANYMORE though, heh heh heh

But seriously, after about 5 months, the old ones only play either music CDs or a SELECT few games (they won't play ones with blue bottoms or such anymore)

Communist is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 09:41 PM       
Rip your ps2 apart, get to the lens, grab a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Dip the q-tip in the alcohol then proceed to rub it gently on the lens. Put the ps2 back together. turn it on, play game
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:04 PM       
Shut up.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:28 PM       
OK, now maybe THIS will work:

How many of you people are LEAVING YOUR PS2s ON? Not on completely, but on Standby (the red light) all the time? I noticed that the more people leave it on, even on Standby, the sooner it fucks up on you. Ever since I switched the guts out, if I'm not playing it I turn it off COMPLETELY and it's been working right as rain. It's like a computer, it's not good to leave it on, even on standby, all the god damn time.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 07:48 PM       
Aye, good call. Standby is a waste of power and lifetime for the machine.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 14th, 2003, 08:44 PM       
Yea, I noticed that when I switched my PS2's guts was about roughly the same time not one, but THREE of my friends also got PS2s and mine STILL works better than theirs. And they ALL leave it on Standby.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 12:18 AM       
I don't even understand why Sony gave it a freaking standby option. It's not like the damn thing was built to play DVDs as well as games completely. Hence, the need to leave it on is stupid.