Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 6th, 2004, 12:40 AM        Chimp has a webgame! :O
Remember how we were all playing KoC and then it turned all gay and I said that I could make something better? That was over 14 months ago.

Since then, I worked on the game, stopped working on the game, started, stopped, and finally started again and rewrote everything from scratch, but this time with dozens of extra features that I never thought of originally.

Some of my CS friends helped me out with alpha testing and the game is stable and runs pretty good. The game is in open beta now, so anyone who is interested can make an account and start playing to help test it out.

http://legions.flamewars.org

The premise of the game is pretty simple, but there are a few twists that make it different from average web MMORPGs.

You have peasants which contribute to how much gold you get per turn. When you train a military unit, it uses up a peasant and reduces the amount of gold per turn that you can get (disbanding units gets your peasant back). Rather than attack points, your army has stamina. The more you attack, the lower your stamina gets, leaving your kingdom more vulnerable to attack.

There are melee and magic units and equipment that you can buy for them. Melee units can get equipped with a weapon, armour AND a shield. Some magic units can be equipped with more than one scroll, etc.

There are also siege attack/defense and fort upgrades.

Long descriptions of several features are already present on the forums for the game, but if there are any questions, I will answer them here, too. :O