Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM        'Money For Nothing' banned from air in Canada
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...ended-country/

Due to the complaint of one person, radio stations will no longer broadcast the Dire Straits song Money For Nothing. The word 'faggot' appears in it, and I guess that's offensive to some people as it's on the CBC's blacklist of words not to air. Oddly enough, the word 'fag' is fine... does that mean 'nig' is ok too?

Not to mention my City council has been ordered to take sensitivity training because of a music video posted on facebook... This world needs to man the fuck up.

Not to mention this version removes the word:

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM       
Yes - the (studio) version I heard on the radio substituted the word "yoyo" for "faggot". So Dire Straits at least had some sensitivity training.
You may already be there.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM       
I feel so bad for Canada sometimes when it comes to stuff like this.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 06:23 AM       
What do a gay person and a chain smoker have in common?

They both like a pack of fags

/rimshot

In all seriousness though, I didn't even know the word 'faggot' was in that song till I read that.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 01:56 PM       
What else are you gonna call a glam rocker?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM       
I'm glad Canada finally pulled the plug on a 20+ year old song.

faggots
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
well they'll just have to substitute weird al's beverly hillbillies theme version

unless someone gets offended by "hillbilly", i guess
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM       
If I complain about the way they talk, will they shut up?
Strange blob from beyond
caffman is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 03:44 PM       
I wonder if they still play Anal Cunt?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM       
How will people know that faggots have their own cement ponds now?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 05:28 PM       
What if they replaced "faggot" with "cocksucker?"
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 08:29 PM       
If I was a country, I would ban that song because it sucks.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 08:48 AM       
They should just dub over the word. They could use "mother" which is the most common replacement or something stupid like "hosehead".