Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 12:29 AM        The Rules of Attraction
I just rented this movie. This was pretty damn cool. Aside from teenage-angst undertones, it was pretty fresh and it pissed me off at times because I didn't see certain things coming. As with most movies, a good portion of the plot is predictable... But the most pleasant parts were the most morbid and unforeseen.

It's based on a book about college kids. The book is focused on a love triangle between three people: A guy liking a girl, I girl liking a guy, and a guy liking the other guy. It's almost like they tried to spend too much time on character development in the movie, but when the credits were rolling I found myself a bit curious - wanting to know a little bit more about them. And the soundtrack was kickass. They used the only good song by the Cure: Six Different Ways.

Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 03:34 AM       
Patrick Bateman's brother going nuts trying to figure out if he knows a girl from before while having wild rave sex with her = comedy gold. Hate to say it, but VanDer Beek did a god job here.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 01:28 PM       
Meh. I know who directed it and everything, but I doubt I could really enjoy it. Van der beek and that chick from 7th heaven in any movie just remind me of the character they've played for years. The characters I hate from the shows I hate

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 01:56 PM       
Sounds a LOT like this '94 flick:

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 04:04 PM        ...
Yeah, but the plot isn't directly related to their relationships to eachother. It's basically about the shit they deal with on an individual basis. And (SPOILER) none of them end up together, nor are all of them even in the same place at the same time.

Trust me, the last thing you'll be thinking about while watching this movie is the WB. For the record, Jessica Biel is a hot bitch (who posed nude in Gear) and there's a ton of T&A.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:02 PM       
All I can say is RoA is one of the shittiest films I have ever seen. The characters and plot are so hollow is made me sick.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 01:07 AM       
Wasn't this the novel written by Bret Easton Ellis, that big loser in the '80s who was thought to be a hotshot but hasn't been heard from since 1988?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 01:06 PM       
Actually, he's the guy that wrote "American Psycho", which I've not read, but the movie was DAMN good. Looks like he also wrote "Less Than Zero" (I haven't seen the film or read the book for that one yet).

I saw this movie last night. I liked it, but it wasn't earth-shatteringly good. I wanted to hate Van der Beek through the whole thing, but I couldn't...he was actually quite good.
Daphne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 02:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
Actually, he's the guy that wrote "American Psycho", which I've not read, but the movie was DAMN good.
You should read the book, all the people I know who did before they saw the movie, were not very impressed with it. I liked the film, but it's like a PG version of the book.
I did like that the director understood that the book was a satire. Most people don't get that and end up thinking the book is sexist and horrible.

Hugh_Bristic is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:06 PM       
I read Less Than Zero and Rules of Attraction and liked them both, which prompted me to watch the film of Rules. Indeed it isn't breathtakingly good, but it certainly isn't as shitty as ol' Oasis Lover would have you believe.

I'm still plagued with the image of the American Psycho, naked, in what appeared to be high-tops. Did they have the "pump"?