Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 04:13 PM       
We'll even let you into our secret clubhouse. THE BAD JUJU BE COMIN' AT YOUR FACE, MON.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:02 AM       
ANAGLYPHS.

FUCKFACE.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:06 PM       
good thing i had my 3-D glasses!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM       
I got the CoV Collector's Edition at Gamestop for $29.99!

That made me happy and I can't wait to install it.

What kind of character should I make? I'd rather ask someone from here then read a FAQ from some random dude. :/
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:39 PM       
i didnt even get collectors. I wanna upgrade
was never good
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:42 PM       
Matt, collector's edition's only in-game bonus is an arachnos cape ;<

Right now in Juju we have:

Mr Payback (Me): Super Strength / Invulnerability Brute
DPMO (MLE): Radiation / Thermal Corruptor
Beta Decay (Daniel): Energy / Ninjitsu Stalker
Bose (Matt Harty): Energy / Thermal Corruptor
Some new chick (Elegy): ? / Thermal Corruptor
Voodoo Queen (Jin): Dark / Zombie Mastermind (never plays)
Swamp Rat (Eye-Tie): Dark/Dark Brute (never plays)

And some others and some alts that don't log on often.

Thermals are the most support/healing oriented archetype, but we have enough for a bit now. Pjalne might be joining soon, and Beta Decay may be adding his SS/INV brute to the group soon. Also we have a guy from the UK joining as a Dom.

As for what we need, we could really use a Dominator. Lacking that, another brute would be good. Stalker is 3rd preference, and that's just for making people sad in pvp.
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:52 PM       
i have some lowbie alts i touch sometimes, i just wanna lvl bose to 40 first before touching them. and they're all mostly female

fire/ice corr
stone/dark brute
SS/invul brute
eng/eng stalker
grav/psi dom (something like that)
was never good
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:10 PM       
I have a great guide for Dominators and I can teach anyone how to be succesful with a brute ;< But you should play all the archs a bit to find out what you like best.

Brutes: The most HP of villain classes, has the highest defense/resistance caps and the highest damage caps of all villain archetypes. Has the inherent power 'fury' which builds as you swing at people or are swinged at. When it's full you can do 3X damage. Right now this class is decimating and with the right powers is near invincible as well. In PVP they are probably 2nd best in damage because it's hard to build fury in PVP. Mostly melee. As powers go, it's generally recommended to go with Super Strength, Dark, or Energy for primary and Fire, Invulnerability, or Stone as a secondary. Issue 7 will introduce electricity to this Archetype.

Stalkers: The least HP of villain classes, can do a LOT of damage with their assassin strikes. Probably the biggest deviation from typical play as you can't stand and fight. Combat is usually hit-and-run and you'll need to play with others. Class doesn't really come into its own until about level 30, which will take a few weeks. Reviled in Warburg, where they hide everywhere and gank people. Mostly melee. Energy primary does the most damage right now but will be toned down in the next issue. I7 will add dark as a secondary to this Arch.

Dominators: 2nd-least HP of villains, they have no passive defenses, meaning you have to pay attention to every mob in the area and keep them locked down with your powers. Does a fair amount of damage and is a great Arch to have in large teams to lock down the huge spawns. Mostly ranged. Gravity is more damage-oriented than the other control sets and needs to be used with knowing exactly what you're doing to be used effectively. Psionics does way less damage than the other assault sets, and almost no damage to non-thinking enemies (zombies, robots, etc).

Masterminds: The most boring archetype to most people, you get up to 6 pets which you can directly command. Probably best for people used to RTS's. The powers that the mastermind has (aside from spawns) are the weakest of all the Archs, with the notable exception of Personal Force Field. Mostly ranged. Force bubbles are almost useless except for PFF which basically protects the MM from anything bad ever happening.

Corruptors: Like COH's defenders, corruptors are a mix of damage and support. You can play the class either way but it's often more effective as a support Arch. Can do double damage to opponents with less than half HP remaining. Mostly ranged. Thermal and Kinetics are the only real support secondaries in the class (or the game), and you'll see a lot of them out there as there isn't a definitive 'healer' class in COV.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM       
I only got COH, cause I thought villans would be a expansion, oh how I was wrong, it's pretty funny though. I always get scrap, anyone want to play with me on my server? PM me.
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:29 PM       
ok guess im not doing a grav/psi dom
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM       
Doms sound like the glass canons of the game. Those are always my favorite.
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 11:47 PM       
if you're equal or higher level than the mobs or you have some good buffs, you can keep big groups of jerks held at bay
was never good
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 05:38 AM       
i have a dom and she's fun as shit to play :< it's like a person with ADD's wet dream, you're always targetting people and whizbanging them around. they're like controllers only they do way more damage, have less hp, and have no passive defenses.

gravity doms are the best for this cause where most doms get a soft hold, they get another attack that flings a dude into the air. if you time it right it works just like a hold but is really high maintenence (so the set is pretty strong, it effectively has two single-target hard holds if you can juggle correctly). the gravity pet at 32 (singularity) has the highest HP of all the dom pets and has a permanent repel shield on. Combined with ragdoll it's a bobbing hilarity buoy ;<

gravity also has some really, really bad powers. Like propel, where you summon a random object and throw it at someone (takes about 7 seconds to pop off) and gravity distortion, which is an AOE phase shift that works on the enemies. Which means they can't hit you, but you can't hit them. So it sucks.

Juju has a mission computer in the base now! Now we can do SG Strike Forces and trials! HOORJ.

If you want to make a dom and have a few hours to spare I really recommend reading this: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showf...o=&fpart=&vc=1 - Most helpful guide I've ever read.
was never good
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM       

BEFORE MISSION COMPY (in rear)

AFTER MISSION COMPY (not in rear)

FATALITY
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM       
It really sucks without CoV, I have a SG now, and I can't even get into the base. .
was never good
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 02:53 PM       
so get cov you tit
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 03:08 PM       
I like how you included Jin but not me in Juju.
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 04:33 PM       
because you somehow play less than Jin
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM       
big patch
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 04:42 PM       
somehow I doubt that

but I'm still one of the founding members of bad juju, damnit
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 02:17 AM       
I made a Super Strength/Stone Brute on Freedom.

His name is Carmine. :/
was never good
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 05:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
I like how you included Jin but not me in Juju.
I forgot, I haven't seen you online or really sat and talked with you for any real length of time in a while ;<

I really don't think your lag's the game's problem - I don't have any ;<

Sam, I'll add you
Legislacerator
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 08:32 AM       
I'm always at school :<

or I'm always at work :<

never an in between :<
ima nice lady
nothing4buddha is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 01:16 PM       
Sam said I can play too, I just need to install some things on my computer first
Dirty Girl
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM       
the new missions in pocket D are fucking awesome

you need to take heros on the mishs cause only they can damage and steal things to complete the mish. and vice versa.

only the ones "evil at heart" can destroy the case.

it just feels weird rezzing heros and being the only villain on a team :<