Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 05:29 PM        NSC Insider changes "teams"
See Kev, maybe I'm not such an apologist after all!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/926798.asp?0cv=CB10

Even without being an insider and privy to what he knows, I completely agree with his assessment.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 12:34 PM       
This is the part I find most telling. I wonder how many more like him are currently keeping their mouths shut?

" The focus on Iraq has robbed domestic security of manpower, brainpower and money, he said. The Iraq war created fissures in the United States’ counterterrorism alliances, he said, and could breed a new generation of al Qaeda recruits. Many of his government colleagues, he said, thought Iraq was an “ill-conceived and poorly executed strategy.”
“I continue to be puzzled by it,” said Beers, who did not oppose the war but thought it should have been fought with a broader coalition. “Why was it such a policy priority?” The official rationale was the search for weapons of mass destruction, he said, “although the evidence was pretty qualified, if you listened carefully.”

He thinks the war in Afghanistan was a job begun, then abandoned. Rather than destroying al Qaeda terrorists, the fighting only dispersed them. The flow of aid has been slow and the U.S. military presence is too small, he said.