Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 02:41 AM        The RAINBOW Pickle Experiment!

During this summer Kitsa did an awesome experiment using Kool-Aid to change a pickle's color and flavor.
It was a big success and ever since then I've wanted to try something similar myself.

Unfortunately, summer is my busiest time of year and it never happened... until now!

Look at all that Kool-Aid! I'm basing the colors of the rainbow off of what I learned from Beakman's World as a kid.
So we're looking for "Roy G. Biv" and this is the closest I could find in Kool-Aid form.

And yes, I do realize pickles are already green, so I'm pretty much just going for flavor with the lemon-lime one.
I also couldn't find any lemon, so lemonade is going to have to do. And black-cherry is the closest I could find to the color indigo.

So then I picked up two huge jars of dill pickles, along with some mason jars to help keep everything separate.

Now there's some colorful specimen jars! I even could put those out as Halloween decorations if I wanted to.
And just think of the fun watching the kids daring each other to eat them.

Plenty of fun to be had before the cops drag me to jail!

Two Weeks Later...

Haha, success! We have RAINBOW pickles! Well, sort of.
Anyway, thanks for taking a look... what? You want to know how they taste? Each of them?!

Alright, fine.

Red - Cherry Flavor

The red one I wasn't too worried about since that's one of the pickles Kitsa tried and turned out the best.

Still, it's nice to see it turn out so well with the larger dill pickles I used.
It's a nice bright red and the cherry flavor is pretty damn tasty.

Orange - Orange Flavor

Wow, this one is big disappointment. I figured since the red turned out so well, the orange was a given winner.
Not at all. It's sort of a reddish color with green and orange splotches.

The flavor is very orange however, and pretty good.

Yellow - Lemonade Flavor

It actually turned yellow! I wasn't expending much as far as color goes with the lemonade or the lemon-lime one and so I was just looking for flavor.
But it's definitely more yellow than a normal pickle.

And the flavor is fantastic! This one's my favorite of the bunch as far as flavor goes.

Green - Lemon-lime Flavor

Holy crap, it's green! I mean really green. Much like the yellow, I didn't think I'd get much color change from this one.
But just look at that thing. It almost looks like someone painted it.

As for the flavor, it's really strong and overpowering. It's not really bad, but I wouldn't be able to finish one.

Blue - Berry Blue

This one has splotches of deep blue and overall it is more blue than a normal pickle, but I wish the whole thing looked like that awesome blue tail there.

But it's really when you cut it open that you see just how blue it is.

The berry flavor is pretty mild, fruity, and rather gross.
I would consider this one a dare pickle.

Indigo - Black-cherry Flavor

You can see how deep the color has penetrated after about two weeks. And just like the red, you get a nice complete color transformation.
It's not really indigo, but I'm satisfied enough with it.

The flavor is not good though. I'd say it's even worse than the berry blue one as it's much stronger. Another dare pickle.

Violet - Grape Flavor

I already knew that the grape was going to be more black than violet (again from Kitsa). I also knew that it wasn't going to taste good.
So I picked the biggest pickles of the bunch in order to make Black-Blood of the Earth pickles! And that's just what I got!

It's indeed quite black in color, and the flavor is roughly that of grape vomit. It's absolutely awful.
This one is the ultimate dare pickle. And anyone who is able to finish it should have their name on a plaque, and have that plaque mounted next to the toilet which they will need very soon.

So there you have it. We now know what the pickle rainbow tastes like!
And it mostly tastes like puke.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 08:18 AM       
Glad you tried them all, just to rule out any doubt about some of the flavors! I found the blue one to taste very much like those old tear-jerker candies. The grape one was absolutely vile.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM       
Nice job! Now I don't have to try this out.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM       
so the pickles being dill didn't make much difference, huh
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM       
Have you tried eating them all at the same time? No, you haven't.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM       
That would almost surely result in confetti-strewn bile.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:31 PM       
That black one is scary
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
So there you have it. We now know what the pickle rainbow tastes like!
And it mostly tastes like puke.

That, my friend, is a thing of beauty. Nicely done!
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
That black one is scary
you would think so you fucking racist
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM       
+1 zugs
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 06:17 PM       
Kitsa: I used dill pickles so they were all sour, but I didn't find the blue ones to be any extra sour.
They sort of tasted like a diet blue-berry soda with a very bad (and long lasting) after taste.
And yes, grape was by far the worst of them all.

K0k0: Tropical punch still needs to be done! It should still be a nice red like the cherry, and may very well be the best tasting of any of the flavors.
Plus, everyone needs to try these things once.

Executioneer: I was worried that the larger dill pickles wouldn't look as nice, but they all seemed to turn out Ok.
I do wonder if the orange might actually work better with the smaller pickles though.

Zhukov
: As Kitsa said, no good can come from ingesting more than one of those monstrosities at a time.

ThrashO: The pictures don't really do justice to the black-blood of the earth pickle.
It really looks like ink or tar:

Mockery: You sir, have a strange idea of beauty!
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM       
mother of god
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 08:05 PM       
It sort of looks like blood should slowly be seeping from it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 08:21 PM       
i wonder if you could do the same thing with something less weird-to-combine-with-koolaid-flavored, like maybe maraschino cherries

or, for something even weirder, what if instead of kool-aid mix you used jell-o/generic flavored gelatin mix. then the pickles would be SLIMY, too
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
oh, hell, let's do it with alcohol

edit: I soak maraschino cherries in wild turkey for MONTHS, and two or three of those will just about put you on your ass.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 09:10 PM       
am I the only person not impressed by pickle threads?
Prepare for time warp.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype View Post
am I the only person not impressed by pickle threads?
yeah but it's ok that youre a goddamn communist.
OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
edit: I soak maraschino cherries in wild turkey for MONTHS, and two or three of those will just about put you on your ass.
not ME they wouldn't, you'd have to soak 'em in everclear :highalcoholtolerance :notbragging :actuallykindofsadaboutit
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM       
I'm not worried about who's impressed by pickle threads.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:33 AM       
oh shit kitsa I'm so sorry
Legislacerator
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:33 AM       
guys, I offended i-mockery's most beloved member. what should I do?
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:36 AM       
I don't think you offended her.
Legislacerator
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:43 AM       
I certainly hope not!
Legislacerator
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:44 AM       
After all, I don't know what I would do with myself if I upset her.
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 03:52 AM       
You could sarcastically say you were sorry. I'm sure that would work.

But luckily you don't have to.