Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 11:44 AM        Can anyone tell me why Mccain Supported Bush?
McCain: 'No confidence' in Rumsfeld

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- U.S. Sen. John McCain said Monday that he has "no confidence" in Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, citing Rumsfeld's handling of the war in Iraq and the failure to send more troops.

With all the cabinet people going, W is foursquare behind Rummy. If tht doesn't send a message about the kind of leadership, the kind of Commander in Chief W is, nothing does. So why did Mccain, who has no confidence in Rummy, support W, who has absolute confidence in Rummy no matter what he does?

I can only assume that W promised no one from his cabal (Say, Jeb) would oppose Mccain for the Republican nomination in 2008.

If that's what they gave him (and they must have given him something for his endorsement) I will put money on the table they lied to him. The Bush family is all about the political screw job.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 12:06 PM       
politics.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 06:47 PM       
If what you propose is true, Bush wouldn't dare screw over McCain. Not blatantly. McCain has enough weight to cost Bush Admin an election. You think he'd have a problem tearing apart Jeb?
Old Dec 14th, 2004, 07:23 PM       
Well, he kinda had a problem running against W, especially after they implied he wasn't patriotic and he had a black kid and all that kinda typical Bush campaign shit. I think it would make the whle family sort of smile to do it all over again.
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 01:17 AM       
That was one of the ugliest smear campaigns I had ever seen and I also wondered if Bush could be holding something over on McCain. But I believe it is all politics. McCain is a popular enough guy to swing plenty of republican and undecided voters alike fro a bid in 2008, but turning against Bush could cost him the "Bush base," the value voters. Play nice now and step into a campaign in 2008 without a Rove character assassination on your heels.

Schwarzkopf also blasted Rummy the other day on Hardball: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6711952/

"But they deserve every bit of protection that we can give them. Absolutely. And I was very, very disappointed—let me put it stronger, I was angry about the words of the secretary of defense when he laid it all on the Army. I mean, as if he as the secretary of defense didn‘t have anything to do with the Army, if the Army was over there doing it themselves screwing up. "
Old Dec 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM       
Wow, I missed that one!

Do you suppose some of these outgoing secretarys might actually discover a spine they'd left in a blind trust while they were employed?

You have to wonder, if folks like Powell and Thompson had such strong objections to the ways they were forced to run their departments, what made tem decide that their duty to the President was more important than their duty to their country.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2004, 09:56 PM       
I think you missed the part where working for the government stopped being "working for your country" and became "serving your party."

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old Dec 21st, 2004, 10:45 AM       
I was reading an article on Cults of Personality (particularly the one in Turkmenistan) and it gave a clinical deffinition. One of the first things it said you had to do on the way to establishing a Cult of Personality was to equate disagreement and disloyalty.