Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 11:00 PM       
Right, that's what the episode was poking fun at. That fermented shit thing (JenKem, Butthash, etc) is a complete hoax that shows up every few years. But even law enforcement are often taken in and the story spreads again. The South Park episode is likely based on a true event. Some police officer got an entire town riled up when he passed along the hoax email to members of the PTA and it climbed through the calling trees.

Cheesing is a hoax too by the way. Back in my day we would get people at parties to drink cat piss (people piss usually) or eat litter by telling them it would get them high. Obviously the South Park boys did the same to people or at least heard the urban legend too. I haven't heard of it in years.

I am envisioning idiots across North America huffing cat piss right now and I bet the 'cat piss' will be the most popular search term on google this week - and I'm laughing. I bet the South Park boys are doing the same.

Brilliant.

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : Mar 29th, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:01 AM       
Plus it referenced heavy metal, that gets POINTS

EDIT:jsut saw the last page
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 01:59 AM       
I don't think South Park paid proper homage to Heavy Metal. In my eyes, they just threw it in there and it had nothing to do with the story. That part of the show wasn't even funny to me. They could have done sooooo much more with a drug trip, but instead they, they referenced Heavy Metal. Big fucking whoopty doo! It was an insult to Heavy Metal by way of nothing funny coming from it.
Ringmonster
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 03:08 AM       
I thought the Heavy Metal bits were brilliant for a bunch of reasons. First and foremost was how with each visit the breast imagery was more and more evident, even slipping into the dialog and landscapes.

I found it hilarious because I know when I first started buying Heavy Metal, it was because I was too young to buy real dirt mags. It wasn't until later that I developed an artistic eye and could appreciate the stories. Also, as good as the mag was, the movie was pretty much about tits and ass.

Except for the Zombie Bomber story...that was just all about the awesome.

So, it was like the creators were nodding to all that. Maybe it was the first time I could actually relate to the kids in South Park. I was one of those kids oogling cartoon boobies.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 10:38 AM       
Do you mean to tell me that I watch the first two mediocre episodes and miss the one where they show heavy metal clips
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 01:21 PM       
You have no excuse for missing it, Comedy Central always replays these like 50 times throughout the week

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 01:24 PM       
My shifts are four to around midnight, and I've had to cover for the other guys this week
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 01:30 PM       
http://www.southparkstudios.com/

You can watch full episodes here

Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 02:05 PM       
Okay, that was the greatest

PS: Jesus, Tadao, you get so close to being tolerable and then you gay it up all over the place. Stop it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 02:58 PM       
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 09:04 AM       
Okay, while I've been avoiding watching it for years because I'd have to watch it in German, you can watch full episodes of South Park online? For free. In English. And noone told me! GRRAAGGGHHHRRR!

Well, better late than never. Thanks.
He speaks truth!
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:32 AM       
If anyone comes in here saying the newest episode was great I'll shit in your mouth

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:59 AM       
Promise?
Ringmonster
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 04:21 AM       
The new one was shit.
It blew.
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:56 AM       
Goddamn it, what a piece of shit!
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:11 PM       
to be fair, southpark has never been that good
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:07 PM       
I laughed once or twice, but yeah, it sucked pretty badly. Fuck sakes

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:15 PM       
The scene with all the viral video memes was the closest I ever came to turning South Park off. If there was a RickRoll I probably would have.

They really seem to be playing out jokes to death now. First "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV-positive", now the whole "I'm not your buddy, guy" exchange.

Don't become like Simpsons, South Park

Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM       
I haven't seen the latest one yet, but it sounds like maybe I shouldn't bother

What I find strange is that they ended season 11 on such a high note, and then season 12 starts off immediately with crap. I know you can't expect a show to be great forever, but I would at least expect a more gradual drop-off than this.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM       
THAT WAS SO VERY WEAK.

It took me twenty minutes to figure out it was an allusion to the Writers Strike & that realisation made the whole thing ten times worse.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:55 PM       
I hope this is the last season, they just seem like they're getting so tired of it
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post

They really seem to be playing out jokes to death now. First "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV-positive", now the whole "I'm not your buddy, guy" exchange.

Don't become like Simpsons, South Park
Ugh, yeah. I hated how they actually ended the episode with that too.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:21 PM       
This one was better than the Heavy Metal one.
The Wolf
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 02:58 AM       
Y'know, when I was reading this thread earlier today, I thought to myself "I bet tadao will show up and say how much he loved this episode, just to go against the grain."

Ringmonster
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 05:13 AM       
Indeed. Esuohlim, I'll pry open his mouth and you get to conjuring the poo.