Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 01:42 AM        Marmaduke
I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. They are making the comic Marmaduke into a movie. And the dog's being voiced by Owen Wilson, in case things didn't seem annoying enough.

My only question is what in God's name they're going to use for the plot. Marmaduke is a gag-a-day comic about a large dog that does annoying things (which I hate personally, I already have a semi-large dog that does semi-annoying things). All Wikipedia says is that it's about the dog and his family moving from Kansas to California. Sounds riveting.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM       
I want to see Family Circus made into a movie with Verne Troyer as Not Me. I saw him pissing in a corner on some show so I figure he'd do a good job.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 10:56 AM       
Who are they casting for Marmaduke?

Tori Spelling could probably do it.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:08 AM       
Cant say there is anyone else I would rather hit with a car. Spelling that is.
Insane Writer
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Who are they casting for Marmaduke?

Tori Spelling could probably do it.
Owen Wilson. Charming, eh?
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:39 PM       
Why is Marmaduke going to have dialogue? How many times will he get on the couch when he's not supposed to?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:44 PM       
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 11:49 PM       
I just saw the trailer for this. It's got a scene where all these dogs are doing a choreographed dance, all the smaller animals seem to have silly accents and there is a wise crackin' cat. Kids are going to love this movie.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 12:21 AM       
OH, MARMADUKE!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 12:52 AM       
I LOVE IT
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 12:58 AM       
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Apr 14th, 2010, 01:48 AM       
Not even wacky cartoon Marmaduke spoke.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 06:10 AM       
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures...uke1d7sd20.jpg

Oldie, but it fits the topic I guess.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 10:47 AM       
I feel like if they're going to make a Marmeduke movie Norm McDonald should voice him.
Insane Writer
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
Not even wacky cartoon Marmaduke spoke.
They made Tom and Jerry speak. I think they're incapable of making movies of animals without having them speak in some capacity.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2010, 10:37 PM       
The tom and jerry movie had the worst fucking explanation for not talking ever. Tom was like "oh hey jerry I've always known how to talk." Jerry was like " hey tom. The reason why I never talked was because I didn't know you could talk."
Insane Writer
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 10:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
The tom and jerry movie had the worst fucking explanation for not talking ever. Tom was like "oh hey jerry I've always known how to talk." Jerry was like " hey tom. The reason why I never talked was because I didn't know you could talk."
That was it? Seriously? When I saw the movie as a kid, I honestly was under the impression that the dog put some sort of magic powder on them to let them talk. XP
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 12:52 PM       
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Apr 18th, 2010, 05:10 PM       
I hope those are peanut butter crackers.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 06:17 PM       
Better than getting a "Cathy" cartoon.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Insane Writer
Old Apr 19th, 2010, 07:11 PM       
I just tried to imagine a Cathy movie and scared myself. You're right.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Apr 19th, 2010, 07:53 PM       
Cathy can actually make me laugh because of how absolutely ridiculous and stupid it is. If they got the right voice actor for the cartoon and the ACK!s were right the three episodes we got to see before it was cancelled would probably be legendary.