Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TheNunEater is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2012, 12:26 AM        Kickass 2
So I was a major fan of the Kickass movie. It was my favorite example of real life super heros. It's was dark, funny and had a clever premises. After I saw the movie I went and read the comic, which was equally amazing.

Well recently I learned that Kickass 2 is currently in production. This revelation lead me to my local comic book store where I purchased every volume of the Kickass 2 comic. I went into it exspecting another romp into the life of an amature hero but what I got instead was a very dark and twisted revenge tale with a cliffhanger ending. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of dark and twisted but this comic steps it up a level from its predecessor in drastic ways.

Without reveling to much from the comic it's safe to say they pulled no punches in making Kickass 2 edgey. In one scene Red Mist (who has choose to go by the alias "Mother Fucker" now) ask children in a nice suburb for directions. The children light up with glee when they see him and his pack of costume clad villans only to be gunned down at point blank range after confusing him for a hero. This is just an example but there are many more controversial scenes littering this comic.

After a little research I learned that the Kickass 2 movie is going to try to stick as closely to the source material as possible. This has me kinda worried and excited at the same time. With the first movie they changed only minor details but it was enough set its self apart from its comic book counter part. Maybe I'm just being critical but I don't think it's necessary to have a scene where "super villans" rape a girl in thier costumes next to her dead dad. I may be wrong about that but I suppose only time can tell. Any opinions?