Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2008, 10:02 PM       
I don't even know what the hell yer trying to do, Fathom, sir. And I have no experience with Audacity.

ACID worked for certain purposes a while ago, like 6 years ago. i remember you could sample huge chunks and precisely cue it with others. If the program is still around nowadays, it would be worth looking in to. Quite user friendly, I thought.

I used to use ACID (to sequence), FruityLoops (to make loops from scratch), and SoundForge (to collect and manipulate samples). I thought they were all excellent.

Then a friend would come over, we'd get bombed, and he'd start screwing around but, in a good way. he'd leave and i'd wake up with a hangover with 4 or 5 new song "nuggets".
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:25 PM       
Kinda in the OFN category the Arbiters' Sure Side of Fame, Gimmie That Love Thing, and Missing Sweet Love are all solid dancefloor smashers.

I really liked DJ Reset's Frontin' on Debra, but I can't find that one online, and the rest of his stuff that I've heard doesn't do it for me.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:02 PM       
Roxette's The Look vs. Primal Scream's Loaded, with a little Pour Some Sugar On Me for a little flair. Workin' on that.

Also, splitting a track in Audacity and reversing one of them is a lot of fun. Get's a lot of cool shit.

For example:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GLXIQIP

That's by NO means a finished product. I just like to listen to it. Gives me ideas.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM       
It has a good groove to it, but it's hard to hear. Is there a reason why the drums and bass or so low or did you just mix it down without realizing this?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM       
I just flipped it around really without doing anything to it. I'm gonna try some stuff. To me, it sounds as good backward as it does forward. Got any drum samples?
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 02:07 PM       
nah, I mean the volume of the drums and bass in the left headphone. And if I make a loop, can it be any temp and you manipulate it orrrrr?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM       
Aww, damn. I know what the problem is now.

On a side-note, I'm really getting the hang of Audacity now.
Role Assigner
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM       
what's the bpm for that?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM       
Fuck if I know. I'm having trouble counting.

Here should be the fix: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MI1BCAWM
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 02:45 PM       
http://www.zshare.net/audio/11282497e52fd62e/
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 11:47 PM       
http://www.e-603.com/HOME.html
http://www.last.fm/music/E-603

This cat ranks up there with Girl Talk and Ludachrist. He's also got quite a few samples different from what I've heard before, songs I've never heard before, etc.
seesawbooy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
The first mashup I ever heard was called The Joy of noise (Public Enemy mashed with that one song from Boogie Nights) Here is another great album of mashups for you to enjoy or dis-enjoy http://www.m-1.us/recordingindustries.html
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 10th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
RIAA and Mr. Fab are awesome.

http://santastic4.com/

I'm overcome with elation that time of year when a new Santastic album comes out.

Shitmat's going to be at the Bang Face Christmas party this Friday. BOOYEH
seesawbooy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM       
Here a website I found dedicated to linking mash-up mixes. http://www.mashup-charts.com/category/pod/
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Shitmat's going to be at the Bang Face Christmas party this Friday. BOOYEH
reminded me to check on next years weekender - CASPA smashing it up with the usual suspects! if you havent heard him already, heres ones of his mixes. none of this IDM guff, just dubstep - sick to the guts!

http://www.zshare.net/download/501939871ab70cc4/

edit: just found this - if it hasnt been mentioned already, one of the most seamless mashups in time! awesome mix of t-pain and rosebuds
http://www.thehoodinternet.com/2008/...-rosebuds.html

Last edited by sloth : Dec 15th, 2008 at 07:08 AM.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM       
E-603 is pretty good.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
http://www.last.fm/music/Blacksteel%2B%2526%2BBadger/_/Day+After+Day?autostart
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2009, 10:18 AM       
http://jaydiohead.com/

seamless jay z/radiohead mixes.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 02:01 AM       
Jaydiohead is aces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_w1FR67AXs

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 04:39 PM       
http://www.last.fm/music/audiobytes+for+autobots
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 03:11 PM       
I listened to a few of the tracks off the new Underworld: Rise of the Lycans soundtrack. They're all fucking terrible.

Worth noting is the remix of AFI's miss murder. http://youtube.com/watch?v=4dDCOJ5EzP0&feature=related

Just skip till 1:00 a minute into it. It sounds like someone kid is saying lululub lululub while moving his tongue back and forward in his mouth. Fucking hilariously bad.

I was excited for the Genghis Tron song on here but it's garbage too.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 03:36 AM       

BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

THIS IS AMAZING
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 05:52 AM       
tiny tim, i thought you were dead
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 02:35 AM       
http://teamteamwork.bandcamp.com/alb...arina-of-rhyme