Because it's an awesome game series you jerks

Vampywampy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 07:28 PM       
Or a good computer and Alcohol 120%.

Also, banned.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:36 PM       
Someone told me that this game is Final Fantasy with disney characters, which actually sounds kinda cool to me.

I'm thinking I might get a used copy of the first one because it's like 10 bucks
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 10:47 PM       
Oh my gaw, I can play as Mickey! :O

The new gummi ship creation is totally confusing me, though.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:24 AM       
if i've said it once i've said it a dozen times: this sounds like a shitty premise for a game and i never want to play it
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
if i've said it once i've said it a dozen times: this sounds like a shitty premise for a game and i never want to play it
thanks willie :hug
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 01:57 AM       
For the longest time I said that too, but I got the GBA Kingdom Hearts for my birthday and it has to be the fucking coolest and most addictive RPG since Final Fantasy 6. I'm not sure how the PS2 games play, but Chain of Memories has a cool little real time battle system where you use cards to determine what actions you take, like attacking or casting a spell. the field controls feel like Paper Mario, with all the platform hopping and hitting things with a giant key, and the battle system feels like a better and more strategic version of Zelda 2. It rocks

The Summons are my favorite part, so far I've gotten Simba, Cloud (after fighting him as a boss ), and the Genie.

Right now I'm in Halloween Town

Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Right now I'm in Halloween Town
...Again?

Also, banned.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:53 PM       
Oh wow, second part of the series where you play as an angsting teen kid who whacks monsters with a key. Veeeeery clever, Square enix...
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 04:59 PM       
an angsty teen voiced by perpetual pre-pubescent Haley Joel Osment. The only redeeming feature of this game will be the part where you go see Tron and he joins your party
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:11 PM       
You mean Moses.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 05:14 PM       
Have you guys ever even played Kingdom hearts, Sora is the opposite of angsty and in all honesty fighting off various disney villains with a giant key is very clever in my opinion.

I bought this game a few days ago but my new job hasn't left me any time to play it, I haven't even taken the plastic off the case.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 06:13 PM       
There's really no excuse anymore not to have a PS2. If you have a PS2, there's no excuse to have not played the first Kingdom Hearts, or to have not already bought Kingdom Hearts 2.

It's right up there with God of War in must-haves for the system. Anyone who does NOT like these games is, undeniably, a huge faggot.

Guitar Woman, the PS2 games play like a 3D version of Secret of Mana, with obvious improvements.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:10 PM       
I have had zero interest in these games until I found out that David Warner apparently is in the new one.

OK, I'm lying, I'm a big faggot for Nightmare Before Christmas, and I guess that one is in the first game.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 07:36 PM       
It's also in the second game.

But yeah, part of the charm of the games is playing through various Disney films, even if you're not a fan of the movies (All the ones I've seen could be counted on one hand). But there's still something just plain awesome about it.

And the story is great too. It's not the most original, but it feels fresh due to the inclusion of all the Disney stuff. And the overall details of the story make it very different from what you'd be used to seeing in a Final Fantasy game.

Really, everyone should play the first game.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM       
HOLY FUCK, TRON!
AND PIRATE'S OF THE CARRIBEAN!

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:12 AM       
T-Tron? Dx

Also, banned.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
There's really no excuse anymore not to have a PS2. If you have a PS2, there's no excuse to have not played the first Kingdom Hearts, or to have not already bought Kingdom Hearts 2.

It's right up there with God of War in must-haves for the system. Anyone who does NOT like these games is, undeniably, a huge faggot.
Hahah I have none of those games, but then I haven't turned my PS2 on in months.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 12:40 AM       
It's a shameless cross over that's total shit. The game play is generic--not bad, but nothing exciting. Other than that it's the stupidest thing my brain can take in without melting.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:14 AM       
I gotta admit I judged KH before I played the first one. I thought that the melodrama and dullness of the Final Fantasy series combined with the cutesiness of the Disney characters I know and love would be a recipe for disaster. I caved and played it for a few minutes and after I got over the awful Jpop song at the beginning, I became instantly hooked. The humor is great, the levels are imaginitive and so are the characters, the keyblades are fun to collect and the voice acting is top notch.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 07:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Anyone who does NOT like these games is, undeniably, a huge faggot.
w/e i don't like "re-made" disney shit OR final fantasy what could possibly attract me to this game

Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:17 AM       
*Bashes X*

Also, banned.
OH GOD
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:20 AM       
shut up
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 08:30 AM       
If you can get past it's sugary outside, it's got some solid gameplay to back itself up.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM       
To many people assume that Kingdom hearts is just Final Fantasy with Disney licenses thrown in which just isn't true, every aspect of this game is a joint effort between the two companies; sound, graphics, gameplay, story, etc. Whether you like either company is irrelavant because what comes out of the mixture is almost completely unique. You guys should atleast play it before you pass judgement on it, how much does it cost to rent a game nowadays, 6 bucks?