Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:19 PM        how do you feel?
how do you feel?

about life, the universe, and everything?

there are a few books that i read every few years, mostly cause i own them, or because i like them, or it makes me feel smart to say "im reading Crime and Punishment by dostoyevsky"

well, through a lot of random chance a omnibus copy of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy came back into my possesion (a highly improbable event, i thought it was burned when my exwifes, no kidding here, trailer burned down). to suddenly get it back after a few really hard years of my life made me really, really, really, really happy.

i read the whole thing through in less than a week, and i ended up sould searching. you see, my whole life plan was to have fun, adventure, and really wild things. i have had some of this in spades. i have also had hurt, sorrow, and boredom on epic levels.

to be blunt, i am not particularly happy with myself or my life, but at this point have absolutely no idea how to change things.

so anyhoo,

how do you feel about your life, do you have any kind of philosophy that you live by, and what are your hopes for the future?
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM       
I'm living it up right now. I'm sure that won't last.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
to be blunt, i am not particularly happy with myself or my life, but at this point have absolutely no idea how to change things.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM       
I'm not happy, but anything could change that. I'd be stupid if I didn't think that I still have plenty of time to be miserable later and just be happy today.

But something I want, the only thing I want, is out of my reach for the time being and the only thing I can do is wait for the opportunity to open up in about eight months.
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM       
that is sort of the spot i am in too FZ. i just have to try and stay chipper for a little longer.

and i cant afford ITT goddamn ivy league schools.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM       
I am so used to being a fuckup, I don't belive things can go right anymore, and if it seems that way, it must be because I've fucked up somewhere else.

Worse, I have started taking pride in this attitude.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
that is sort of the spot i am in too FZ. i just have to try and stay chipper for a little longer.

and i cant afford ITT goddamn ivy league schools.
It's the absolute worst when there's no end in sight. Until the beginning of this year, I was just wandering through things without any real goal or end. I might've been one of those people who never left town. Though, your situation's surely different.

People just need to find something.

I'd say sell your house and become a drifter. It's the ultimate in freedom and you can go wherever you want because there's no home to go back to.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:17 PM       
I've been happy before. I used to be an optimist, but now I think that I can't even be bothered to be either optimistic or pessimistic.

As far as life goes? Well, I feel bad for it.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:19 PM       
This is directed to all of you: WAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 05:47 PM       
I think you're projecting your sadness onto us, Mr. Robot. I'm perfectly content at the moment.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM       
Everyone dies alone.

i will let you down
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM       
your evil roboticism hurt my feelings.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 02:33 AM       
WAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 05:22 AM       
i feel pretty
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:52 AM       
I've had a lot of things that mattered to me stripped away, and all of my real-life friends have become more distant or vanished entirely. It's given me a lot of time for self-reflection, and I decided that the best thing I can do is invest in myself because that's something no one can take away from me.

So I started to diet and lift weights, and I think it's taught me a lot about myself. In the span of a few months, I feel like a completely different person - it feels like I did ten years of growing up in 4 months. All of my tastes are different, my work ethic is better, and life at its core is better; but I still feel like I could be doing a lot more and the loneliness is beginning to really sink its hooks into me.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 02:54 AM       
I'm working out, too. For almost the same reason.
i will let you down
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM       
i have been working out too

we should start some sort of i-mockery fitness thread in the sports area. give encouragement, complain, etc.

and chojin, i promise we will be entertaining each other in the very near future.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM       
I need to go on a diet. I have started to get a little pudgy.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM       
I've been keeping in shape by running a lap around my block every day, but I'm gonna start working out too.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 01:03 PM       
I'm eating pie!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 01:20 PM       
Just got back from eating some enchiladas. I think Im firmly setting the blame for current weight on the Mexicans and their awesome food.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
NONE OF YOU HAVE GIRLFREINDS THATS YOUR PROBLEM STUPIDS.
i will let you down
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 07:34 PM       
thats cause we're fat an jobless.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 07:38 PM       
If your fat, jobless, don't have a woman, and are depressed then I have an answer for you. It's called substance abuse.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM       
They should just rename this the"excuses, please pity me I have found a way to benefit from pity" thread.