Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM       
Don't forget Orson scott card's writings are about how much he hates homosexuals
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 11:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
so nothing about roadside picnic/ stalker the movie?

Spoilers!
It's alright.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 05:04 PM       
i didn't realize there was actually a book called game-players of titan. i thought you were being clever with the sirens of titan
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 07:34 PM       
nope it's about mankind getting 99% wiped out in a war (against aliens? although they said it was the chinese who used the weapon that killed most of humanity so idk) and there's this game that the rich dudes play where they bet cities and uh marriage is tied into it somehow
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:01 AM       
good synopsis and stuff
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:21 AM       
it's hard to synopsize a philip dick book without giving away spoilers ALSO I MIGHT HAVE TO REREAD IT AND I AM CURRENTLY SLIGHTLY TERRIFIED OF IT SO I'D RATHER NOT
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:48 AM       
eh true true
BANNED

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:18 PM       
sounds like the sirens of titan but with rich dudes :O
OH GOD
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:12 PM       
does sirens of titan have a sequence where the main character takes a bunch of meth and starts hallucinating horrifying shit
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM       
What a good book you have chosen to read.
BANNED

Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 11:09 PM       
no i dont think it has that I'll have to read it again to be sure though. I know there were a few scenes with hallucinations maybe and a mind control drug :O
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:19 AM       
Sounds unique.
BANNED

Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 03:12 AM       
dang i just remembered sirens of titan is by vonneguht and not pkdick :O

still the stories are strangely similar :O
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 12:55 AM       
Currently, I am reading "House of Leaves", but it's a very complex read. It takes a lot of patience to get through it, and much like the house the book describes, while you may make progress in the book, it feels like you haven't moved forward at all.

In short, I love it.
BANNED

Old Jan 25th, 2011, 01:59 AM       
THE BOOK OF DIFFERING FONTS
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 03:52 AM       
Babel 17. It's another sci fi "masterpiece", it's by Sam R Delaney and it's quite good - if a little hard to concentrate on sometimes. Probably from the 50s or 60s or something like that, so it's better in that regard I guess.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM       

Reading comics sucks because you always finish them the same day you get them.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 07:29 PM       
The entire plot line and multiple endings of the first Silent Hill game. Tired now.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM       
I got a copy of the Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles, but I've yet to read it. I'm kinda excited - people I trust have said it's good.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2011, 06:43 PM       
Room by Emma Donaghue

It is from the perspective of a five year old child who is imprisoned in a room that he has never left, with his mother. In his mind only things in the room are "real" other things are "tv" and happen in "outer space". I am taking a break now because I don't want to be sad at the moment.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge : Feb 26th, 2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: ,
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:32 PM       
I really want to give Room a try, always seamed like a good reed. Just curious, how did they end up in Room, or is that part of the whole story's central plot?
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM       
I have shelved it because i can tell it is going to be one of those books that fucks with you for days after finishing it. So i don't know yet.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 03:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
The entire plot line and multiple endings of the first Silent Hill game. Tired now.
I ended up reading through the entire series before completing any of them.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I got a copy of the Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles, but I've yet to read it. I'm kinda excited - people I trust have said it's good.
I love that book, one of my favourites.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM       
Homestuck.

I'm not really sure how to describe it; it's kind of a webcomic/choose your own adventure/animation/illustrated story hybrid, and it feels like something that could have only come from the internet. It's kinda fantastic, if a bit slow at the beginning.

Neat music, too.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002722
http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/sburban-jungle
http://homestuck.bandcamp.com/track/umbral-ultimatum

Last edited by Guitar Woman : May 26th, 2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: adding kewl music