Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM       
:O GODDAMN YOU FOR LIKING HOMESTUCK, TOO.

Also, I'm reading Tropic of Capricorn and Ulysses. Because I needed more reasons to be misanthropic, apparently.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 17th, 2011, 06:52 PM       
Just finishd 'Counter Clock World', Phillip K. Dick. Not my favorite of his works, but that's still pretty good.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 18th, 2011, 01:26 PM       
That reminds me of the Red Dwarf (novel) scene where the world, sorry, a world, is going in reverse. This probably came first.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2011, 05:57 PM       
In Odd We Trust, a manga-style comic written by Dean Koontz. This may surprise you but it's not very good.

As supplementary reading I've got The 900 Days: The Siege of Leningrad.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 10:00 PM       

Last edited by creeposaurus : Jun 20th, 2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Big fucking picture
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM       
:rimshot
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:20 PM       
I'm getting into Stephen King again. I just finished Hearts in Atlantis, which I really enjoyed. I started the first Dark Tower book, the Gunslinger, and got bored after a few pages and gave up for the day. But I'll try again when I'm more in the mood. I never did finish the Stand, but it was starting to get stupid anyway.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 03:21 AM       
did i mention I'm reading "The idiot" by dostoevsky in t his thread?

anyway stupid people always see it and give me a dumbfounded look. Its kind of hilarious.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 12:16 PM       
I'm about 3/4 way thought it. But I've been reading that and War and Peace for the past few years. Russian authors always interest me and drag me in, then take too long to get to the end, and my patience wanes.

One of my favourite fiction authors is Iain M Banks, but I have never gotten around to reading his most famous novel, The Wasp factory. UNTIL NOW THAT IS.

It's really gripping and I'm only a few chapters in.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM       
I just read the four released books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, and just finished "1984" today. Nooooow I'm going to read "Fahrenheit 451." I'm pretty much catching up on stuff that I've missed out on.

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I just read the four released books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series
I read the first two a long time ago, haven't gotten around to the third one yet. Those books are fucking great

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:17 PM       
The third was by far my favorite. It's where shit really reaches the boiling point. It's a lot better than the first two, and then the fourth is kinda meh, but the fifth one looks pretty good, based on the sample chapters that I've read.

GIANTS RIDING MAMMOTHS. That's my spoiler for the third book.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I just read the four released books in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, and just finished "1984" today. Nooooow I'm going to read "Fahrenheit 451." I'm pretty much catching up on stuff that I've missed out on.
If you were an American child you could've gotten it over with much quicker.
The Wolf
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:04 PM       
I don't get why they'd assign stuff like that for American children. Seems like it'd just fly over a lot of heads and put them off of reading. I had to read a bunch of other staples in high school, but those ones weren't there, for whatever reason. The stuff I had to read in university varied wildly from class to class, but there was a lot of Canadian stuff. Margaret Atwood can lick my taint.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 01:33 AM       
True, I hated Faranheit when I first read it. Now Bradbury is one of my favorite authors.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM       
When I went to school the only Bradbury I was required to read was The Illustrated Man and instead of 1984 we read Animal Farm
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 10:20 AM       
We read 'Royal Hunt for the Sun', 'Remembering Babylon' and 'The Giver'. I think I enjoyed them all.
The Wolf
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM       
I think Fahrenheit 451 would be easier to grasp than 1984. There are some kinda fucked up concepts in there that I just can't see a typical high school student being able to fully grasp. The bare outline of "the MAN" seems to be what most take away from it.

The best book I "had" to read in school was the Chrysalids. Still a favorite.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 02:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
'The Giver'.
ugh
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM       
Animal Farm is the only book besides Shakespeare I remember being assigned to read. We read that instead of 1984, probably because 1984 is so fucked up and hopeless.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 06:58 PM       
I remember finding Brave New World profoundly more disturbing than 1984. (Prolly for these reasons, even as a kid.) I was required to read both Animal Farm and 1984, though. No room for Huxley, I suppose. Too much sex, maybe.

That and the Red Badge of Courage. I never read what was required of me after that and bullshitted through everything else, especially Beowulf.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 12:04 AM       
I remember reading red badge of courage. It was decent. Beowulf was the shit by the way.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 02:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
ugh
It's not that great, no, but I liked it when I was 13, and I am pretty sure it sparked my interest in a lot of interesting things.