Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM       
wait wait wait there are multiple twilight spoof movies?
http://www.amazon.com/Taintlight-Mer.../dp/B002M4CH94
fuck movies.

donnie brasco -
better than i expected. way quiet, fuck off netflix.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 04:39 PM       
Miller's Crossing blows the dick off of the Godfather.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Pardon?

SPOILERS.
Shit's not spoiling anything. "Dream within a dream (within a dream)" was Inception's main plot, and for Shutter Island it happened about 40 minutes in.

That is to say, in neither case is it any sort of ending that has just been ruined for you. You're better off not seeing either movie anyway

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

Last edited by Esuohlim : Aug 15th, 2010 at 08:36 PM.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM       
Saw the Expendables and Scott Pilgrim today.

Expendables was awesome. Tons of bros and a girlfriend or two were in the theater. Really made the movie even more fun. Everyone's basically just playing the same characters as they always do, but that's what everyone wants anyways. Pretty fucking awesome.

Scott Pilgrim was actually really good, and I expected it to really suck. Almost better than the books, except the casting felt kinda awkward (Michael Cera plays Michael Cera and not Scott Pilgrim, who has more energy than Cera could ever DREAM of. The other actors looked more like awkward cosplayers or stunt doubles for the real actors, except they all called out so we're stuck with the doubles. Alison Pill is pretty hot as a red-head though.)

The fight scenes made up for it, especially the battle with the twins. That felt like something out of the Tenacious D movie (except good.) The ending was way better than the melodramatic disaster from the fifth and six books, so I definitely appreciated that (although Nega Scott still gets thrown in at the end for no fucking reason. WHY IS HE EVEN IMPORTANT IF HE'S NOT EVEN THERE FOR A WHOLE MINUTE?!)

Good stuff. Expendables was a little more fun, but Scott Pilgrim gets points for not being a total disaster.

Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM       
machine girl -
typical over-the-top japanese gore-action. totally silly, but a few worthwhile parts.

mst3k/werewolf -
awful movie but awesome mst3k ep.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 02:13 AM       
Watched the new Clash of the Titans yesterday and it was missing a lot of what made the original great, so I watched the original today and what the major difference between the 2 is that the original had morals (much like most Mythology) and the new one was nothing but a testosterone revenge story. Just like Avatar, you can have all the pretty effects you want, it's not worth watching if the story is boring.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM       
That and good stop motion beats out CG almost every time.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 12:04 PM       
Dr Strangelove. I've been meaning to watch this movie for 10 years. It has a large number of amazing lines in it and Peter Sellers was smashing. Was a little different seeing George C Scott so young in it too.

EDIT: I thought George C Scott was the old guy on Scrubs.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Aug 19th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 08:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
mst3k/werewolf -
awful movie but awesome mst3k ep.
where or where wolf I'VE LOOKED EVERY WHE-ERE WOLF

Targets, The Freshman, and Fritz Lang's Man Hunt

good damn movies on today... never seen Targets before, glad to see Boris Karloff got a good movie in before he died
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
The Karate Kid was OK, but I really wanted to see Jackie Chan kick that smarmy instructor in the balls. That would have kicked the movie up to 11.
i went to see that movie in the theatre this past weekend but all i can remember is that the kid kept getting his toushie kicked. so i guess it was bad!

there are no goood movies anymoreeeeeeeeeee

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM       
Tropic Thunder was horrible.
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM       
it's alive!
pissed off that the father wasn't killed. i really don't like when bad characters aren't brutally murdered.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
[quote=Aaarg;695235]wait wait wait there are multiple twilight spoof movies?
http://www.amazon.com/Taintlight-Mer.../dp/B002M4CH94
fuck movies.

I hate how people who bought that movie also purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/Terror-at-Bloo...ref=pd_sim_d_1
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 09:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Tropic Thunder was horrible.
Tropic Thunder was funny as!

I saw Four Lions last night, which is a comedy about suicide bombing. It's about as funny as it is thought provoking and confronting, which is to say, it's very thought provoking and confronting, because it's also fucking hilarious.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM       
What part did you find side splitting? I could only watch up until they seperate in the jungle.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM       
Tropic Thunder was great. Ben Stiller needs to direct more.

Wonder Boys. Haven't seen it in years. Still good.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 12:07 PM       
Imma side with Tadao here, I had trouble finding Tropic Thunder funny. I know I am in the minority here, but I just thought it was not that amusing, especially with the copious amounts of "You have to see it, funniest movie of the year" I was getting before I watched it. Nothing ever lives up to the hype and this was no exception.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 12:08 PM       
I refuse to see how going full retard is not funny.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM       
It was a decent joke, it took 30 minutes of shit to get too and they milked it for 2 minutes longer than it needed to be.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM       
tom cruise in topic thunder was my favorite part

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 04:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
What part did you find side splitting? I could only watch up until they seperate in the jungle.
I think I found a lot of the small, or background jokes the most funny parts; Robert D's facial expressions cracked me up. I love war filums, and the cliches certainly made me laugh.

I found most of what I figured to be jokes as funny, and I really hate it when I can tell a movie is telling a joke... and it's not making me laugh. If that makes sense.

I watched it recently with a girl, and she found it funny for totally different reasons to me; slap-stick, retard jokes, half naked fat people, swearing... more low brow stuff that the movie still manages to do really well. It's a great comedy.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:21 AM       
Were those the reasons that she liked it Zhukov?
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 11:55 AM       
Yeah. Jack Black was the humour for her, Downey Jr for me.
SKATASTIC
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 12:29 PM       
Downey was the correct humor. I forgot he was in that movie with the bface.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 10:42 PM       
wow scott pilgrim is getting horrible box office revenues

http://www.screened.com/news/everyth...fice-news/721/

SANTO el enmascarado de plata