Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 08:19 AM        Foriegners become terrorist because of movies and tv
i knew this would happen soon enough.

not content with accusing drug users of causing the war on terror, now Hollywood, music (most notably Rock and Rap), and American television are the inspiration of a whole new generation of terrorists.

i have not seen anything about this in the papers yet, but i heard about this on the TV news and the radio this morning. Apparently some professor in Boston did a series of surveys on kids in foriegn countries and found that their exposure to American films, music, and video games inspires foriegn teenagers to hate America and want to become terrorists.

if i can find anything about this from a real news source i will pass it along.

this really bugs me because no one seems to give a shit about the fact that it is OIL, and our occupation of Arab countries, and our partisian attitude towards Israel (we are giving them 12 Billion to support their war efforts), and President Monkey spouting off about Jesus all the time and making our anti terrorist efforts a holy crusade, and a war to get revenge on the guy that killed his daddy that really seem to piss people off.

qoute the guy on the news today "it is sad that in countries where no one knows who Colin Powell is, people can easily recite lines from Ace Ventura or The Terminator"
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 10:43 AM       
It's also sad that in a country where people can easily recite lines from Ace Ventura or The Terminator, some don't even know who Gandhi is (to name just one significant historical figure). I mean, Powell's been in the news plenty and all, but I think his name's a bad example of one that foreigners "should know". Come on, we can all name each of the seven Dwarfs from Snowhite but we don't know the names of more than half the leaders of the countries around us.

More to the topic, this must be one of the most baseless claims of a source of violence I've ever heard. I just wonder if this is the idea of some psychologist crackpot, or a lame distraction technique.