Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 08:14 PM        Goregrind is fucking gay
So, yeah. referring to the title. I know it only appeals to retards or 14 year olds, but i'm still not sure how this shit has exploded into such a ridiculously polluted genre. XXX Maniak and Prosthetic Cunt take the cake for the two worst bands from the genre. It's like someone wanted to make music centered around a gag that is only funny for a few seconds, and is so wildly offensive to people that will never, ever see or hear of it. It's plain-out fucking retarded. Truthfully, i'd rather have legions of Children of Bodom fanatics running around than someone who actually thinks Harvesting the Cunt Nectar is not only a HILARIOUS album title, but that XXX Maniak is actually listenable. I mean, Exhumed and Rotten Sound at least give you something to thrash to, but christ, there isn't even any substance to this shit. Fuck. Grarrgh.

PS: Ayreon rules

PPS: i realize the irony of complaining about this when my band is also an unfunny joke.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 10:34 AM       
Quote:
Harvesting the Cunt Nectar
made by and for virgins.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 05:00 PM       
Most goregrind's terrible but some of it like Rotten Sound, Agathocles and Exhumed are pretty good.

I'd still leave the gore stuff to death metal bands though. :/
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2005, 01:03 AM       
I still like Children of Bodom

I'm not a fanatic, though, I just think their music is fun to listen to.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2005, 11:50 PM       
they are talented but not intresting they are just wankiing off their guitars.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2005, 04:31 PM       
Cannibal Corpse did all there is to do in the genre back in Vile. Especially the 'rape women and eat them' part. So why bother?
momo is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM       
Don't rag on goregrind, because there are lots of variations of it. Goregrind is a pretty bad term to use altogether, because for one, the main innovator of goregrind, Carcass, has been cloned several times by bands like the County Medical Examiners, Impaled, Exhumed, and so on. While Carcass has their own lo-fi, rhythmic, thrash sound, bands like XXX Maniak and Lord Gore have taken on a more "Death-metal" feel to their sound -- you can just listen to their albums and distinguish them from Carcass clones. I respect your disgust for some of the more avant-garde metal bands that only sounds REMOTELY metal, but ragging on a musical genre nests a large base of bands is kinda weak. Whatever.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2005, 08:37 PM        re:
avant-garde goregrind...
Lord Felch Demon
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 12:41 AM       
er, yeah, when i think of avant-garde, i think of more intelligent stuff than carcass worship. I've heard TCME, and they're not so bad, but certainly nothing to write home about. Impaled bored me, and Exhumed are good in my book. I use the term because kids are just eating up shit like Prosthetic Cunt and not even thinking twice about it. It's retarded. I like to think i can appreciate just about every form of music, but some stuff crosses the line from "avant-garde" to "retarded". I know what i'm saying when i say "goregrind is fucking gay" and for the most part, i mean it.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM        re:
i have a carcass sticker on my organ.
avant-goregrind... tally-ho!
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 04:48 PM       
carcass are neat. I like how TCME have some major songs. Major grind is cool. There's nothing avant garde about grind, or gore grind. I don't know why one would say that. And the few 'out there' metal bands there are, why would we feel disgust for them?
Local Superhero
Falconer is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 11:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo
Don't rag on goregrind, because there are lots of variations of it. Goregrind is a pretty bad term to use altogether, because for one, the main innovator of goregrind, Carcass, has been cloned several times by bands like the County Medical Examiners, Impaled, Exhumed, and so on. While Carcass has their own lo-fi, rhythmic, thrash sound, bands like XXX Maniak and Lord Gore have taken on a more "Death-metal" feel to their sound -- you can just listen to their albums and distinguish them from Carcass clones. I respect your disgust for some of the more avant-garde metal bands that only sounds REMOTELY metal, but ragging on a musical genre nests a large base of bands is kinda weak. Whatever.
No goregrind is fucking lame, it's a stain apon the metal genre and you should be pissed on for sticking up for it. It's seriously the worst shit I've ever heard, it's not even musically based, it's noise based. It's about playing as many notes as you can within the shortest period of time while your singer screams something over top of it.

Cock and Ball Toture = only acceptable grindcore.

-Buck Satan
Lord Felch Demon
Old Aug 27th, 2005, 11:46 PM       
grindcore and goregrind are two totally different things, chubby. Grindcore is a viable form of music. Goregrind might be music (usually), but it's still totally fucking gay.