Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM       
my favorite line was, "That announcement was a huge disappointment to fans and Shatner alike."

It's so true.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2009, 11:15 AM       
Went to the local premiere of a movie called "Poundcake". It was shot in Buffalo, NY and takes place here in 1987. I went to see it because of the story and setting location being here but it ended being a really awesome dark comedy. There was this one jerk character who sold houses who sounded and acted a lot like Will Arnett <3. He wasn't doing an impression of him or anything....just got the same jerk vibe from him. He has a hook for a hand so it leads to some comical parts. He gives a high five to the main chars younger brother and he's like "Hook it up"

I don't think it will be released on DVD anytime soon but if you get a chance to see it at a theater please do.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:50 PM       
Watched Sandler's 'Bedtime Story' with my nieces. It was cute, surprisingly funny as well. Also watched Benjamin Button...which is still Benjamin Boring.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:38 AM       
Fanboys - This film was shit on so many levels, which is a shame because it seems like it could've been good.
O HAI!!!!!!
Location: That shadow behind you? yeah its just a shadow dont be paranoid.
brokensaint82 is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM       
Had a zombie movie day today, started ou with 28 days later, moved to Dawn of the Dead the remake, went to Shaun of the Dead, then to Zombi, reuturn of the livin dead and now I'm watchin 28 weeks later helecoptor versus zombies :D
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM       
I think I'm the only one but I really didn't like 28 days later. Haven't bothered to check out 28 weeks.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:21 PM       
Lethal Weapon 1 & 2 - Why don't they make films like this any more? Kind of buddy-cop semi-comedic action thrillers about South African drug lords with diplomatic immunity.

Still watchable films imo.

Cross of Iron - This was one of those 70s films what while being overtly about World War 2 - specifically an officer trying to get the Iron Cross - has some kind of undecipherable sub-plot that you're supposed to understand though the process of osmosis or something. I mean I hate it when films spell everything out for you and I am basically an idiot but I'm not sure if there was some deep meaning to certain parts of the film or if it was just non-sense.

Another thing that was kind of amusing was how some of the people in the film put on a reasonable German accent while others didn't even bother trying and used their regular English accent.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM       
I loves me some zoombies, but I didn't like 28 Weeks Later at all.
SKATASTIC
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM       
Went to see Next day air. It was a typical gangsterish, drug money, people with guns, wisecracks and drama but it was good. I thought Mos Def was going to be in it but it's more like a cameo. Maybe worth renting.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:37 PM       
I just saw JCVD, and I was very impressed with it. The best Jean Claude Van Damme movie I've seen, that's for sure. Really quite moving, and interesting as well. I felt for the man.
O HAI!!!!!!
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:51 PM       
28 weeks later is ok....for some parts i guess, like the helicopter part, anyways watchin Hot Fuzz, its alright, not as funny as Shaun of the Dead but it still has it moments
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:30 AM       
28 days later and 28 weeks later are like opposites. In 28 days later its basically mediocre up until the end when the guy goes crazy and kills everyone. 28 weeks later starts out strong (like the scene with that guy ditching his wife) and gets gayer and gayer as it goes along, leaving you with a bad taste in your mouth at the end instead of a fun climax
movies centered around children are usually aggravating and stupid.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM       
"movies centered around children are usually aggravating and stupid. "

Truth.

I just saw Twilight. I don't know if they count as children but it was a reasonably interesting twist of a love story ruined by a shitty thriller movie thrown in to give it much needed substance. Still, not entirely bad.
O HAI!!!!!!
Old May 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM       
i agree although some movies with children in them do enact a certian quality like this example;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_2GOoFaXE
teacup of sunshine
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:23 PM       
Finally got around to watching Slumdog Millionaire....really liked it.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM       
October Sky - Really liked this. It's the film of the book The Rocket Boys - some kids see the Sputnik satellite and decide to build a rocket to win the state science fair, but the main character's father wants him to work in the coal mines instead. It's pretty much the standard story of overcoming all odds in pursuit of a dream but still very enjoyable to watch.

Last King of Scotland - Not bad by any means but I can't say I'd ever watch it again.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley - Set in 1920s Ireland - the story of the IRA fighting for Irish independence from the English. Reasonably good film, but of the three I watched yesterday this is my least favourite.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:58 PM       
I loved The Wind that Shakes The Barley. But it was very long and very slow.

I heard Last King of Scotland was very violent...as I suppose anything with Idi Amin would be...how was it?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM       
Yeah it was violent but not as bad as it could've been considering the subject matter.

Otherwise it was a decent thriller but rather long and I didn't like the main character that much.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:19 PM       
Did they cover his love of the shortfall guillotine?
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM       
Just got done watching Swamp Thing and it was fantastic. Ol Swamp dick.
O HAI!!!!!!
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:22 PM       
Just got done with Desperado and Once Upon A Time In Mexico...nice dumb action movies for me to giggle at....and Selma Hyack :D
SKATASTIC
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABALITY PANCAKES View Post
Just got done watching Swamp Thing and it was fantastic. Ol Swamp dick.

Have you watched "The Ten" yet?
SKATASTIC
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:10 PM       
Finished watching "Silence of the Hams". I remember it being a lot funnier 15 years ago. Still had some funny parts in it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM       
nah twilight wouldn't really count as "Children."
Children suck in movies whenever somebody is being overprotective of them to the point that everybody in the movie ends up dying because of some stupid kid and the adults who fuck everyone over for their sake.
That's why I like the beginning of 28 weeks later.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Have you watched "The Ten" yet?
I feel like you keep recommending me this movie. I know you have recommended it to me a couple of times but I just read a summary about it and I think I might have to seek this out or just rent it.