Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:21 PM        Composting.
I work in a produce section at a local grocery store and I'm a dirty liberal hippie and throwing out so much perfectly good organic matter gets tiring.

I think I want to talk to my boss about letting me maintain a compost heap behind the store, where I could throw all the bad fruit and veggies - instead of into the dumpster.

The problem would be getting other people on board. I'm sure I could easily find somebody willing to come by every so often and haul off the good stuff (contacting the community garden or people who work with the local farmer's market) because free compost is free compost, but co-workers... People who aren't willing to turn off a light when they leave a walk-in cooler will most likely not be willing to effectively separate what they throw into the garbage.

Really, I'd be perfectly content to be the only person doing this. I wouldn't really expect anybody else to put forth very little extra effort to benefit local farmers and the environment, but man... somebody will have to take over this project when I leave, assuming it's as mildly successful as I expect.

Any insight on composting or my plan?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM       
Dude, California. Fuck you.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM       
Dude, I'm stuck in Carolina for the time being. Fuck me? Please.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM       
Well, either you can join the rest of us or sit in the backwoods complaining about how you are trying.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:57 PM       
It's not a very hard thing to do. Vegetation in one place, the rest goes into your blindspot.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM       
wait wtf do you mean complaining about how i'm trying? if my boss gives me the go-ahead, i'm going to do this. all you said was "california. fuck you." how am i supposed to interpret that? they have supermarket compost programs in california - cool. but i'm here, where i'd like to do it myself.

apparently it hasn't been implemented so well up in the dc area, which is a shame.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM       
dude. the world is turning. turn with it.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:26 PM       
i hate you tadao i hate you so much i'm going to cut you up and compost you

and your little bunnies too

(not really the bunnies tho)
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM       
I'll see you on the board walk soon. wigger
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:38 PM       
How can I tell you. I lived in Humboldt for 20 years, Santa Cruz for 2. Followed the Dead for 8. Road a motorcycle from Indiana ot California. I like my earth clean and pure. Asking these ******s is a cry for help. That help is west coast. Come join us.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:45 PM       
I'll probably end up in northwestern Washington, honestly.

I hate where I am. I love the Smokies, but I hate where I am. I imagine the only place as consistently green and wet and mountainous as the Smokies is the Pacific northwest. Also Haida/Tlingit/etc. art.

I'm ready to move out that way, but there are things I'm not willing to give up, so I have to wait a bit.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:54 PM       
The choice is yours. Do i really need to dig up a dead song that relates to all this? Maybe St Stephen?

Hating me is the right path, ignoring me is the wrong.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:56 PM       
also, never ever put meat in your compost.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:57 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM       
I bet it's about a bitch. It usually is.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM       
also I've made my own worm bin. I don't really understand what the thread is about. Is it about convincing people to do the natural thing? Good luck with that Tupoc.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:10 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM       
Imma gonna ride you hard
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:35 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM       
PRO TIP, YOUR BELIEFS ARE WASTE.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:44 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM       
So like duuuuude, I wanna make this thing happen where my fellow humans harness the light to power the radio we listen to at work.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM       
I'm going to take all of my 17,621 I-Mock posts out back and mulch it together so I can grow one beautiful flower to smell all day

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM       
I guess put it all in a pile and let nature sort it out?

Why not just sell it as, "I'm going to convince some local hippies to haul away some of our trash for free?"

If it doesn't benefit someone other than you (in an abstract, karmic sort of way), don't expect the program to last very long once you're out.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:06 PM