Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drev is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 04:04 AM        The Last Samurai
WHY THE FUCK HASN'T THIS THEAD BEEN MADE ALREADY?!?

Anyways, I'm planning to see it Tues.

What do you all think?
wreckreation is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 05:13 AM       
in the previews it's no wonder all the samurai died. they do terrible cutting. looks like "dances with japs" to me.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:12 AM       
I saw it and fucking loved it. It definitely had some flaws and some Hollywood cheese (particularly toward the end), but it was a damn enjoyable movie. And visually it was just beautiful.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 11:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckreation
in the previews it's no wonder all the samurai died. they do terrible cutting. looks like "dances with japs" to me.
More like 'Dances with Wasabi'. The guy Cruise kills during the first encounter with the samurai, the husband of the wife whom he falls in love with, died a stupid death. I mean, a samurai (and anybody who trains in a martial art) is taught to be aware at all times of his surroundings (the concept of zanshin, martial awareness). To stand over a fallen foe while weapons are near at his hand is something a cop would never do, let alone a samurai who has supposedly trained all his life in warfare.

Good battle sequences, though. The Japanese actors were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting than the human cardboard cutout, i.e. Tom Cruise.

Snatchtastic is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 11:34 AM        .
I enjoyed the show but after watching it I just wanted to watch Shogun again. The cinematography was awsome and fight choreography was excellent. At first I was leary about sitting in a movie theatre for 3 hours but the film was well paced and it only felt like I was there for an hour I enjoyed the show and was well worth my money. Although halfway through I wanted to watch Kill Bill really badly for some odd reason.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 02:16 PM       
Funny enough, I just saw the first part of Shogun yesterday. :/
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2003, 10:38 PM       
Proto said what i was gonna say.

Minor spoliers ahead:

I noticed that when the rebel leader's son was shot and everyone else left the scene, he seemed to forget that he had an inch-thick ball of steel in his body somewhere as he attacked the government's soldiers. Tom also seemed to forget this multiple times on the battlefield, and his limp disappeared when he returned to the emperor's army and saw their new howitsers. I also believe i saw the same guy who died on the bridge fighting the government in the final battle scene.

When the ninja showed up i could not help but carry a big, dopey grin on my face. It was pretty silly the way the ninja attacked more like a band of Indians would (sneak in -> contact enemy -> brutal combat) than an actual ninja team, (sneak in -> contact enemy -> destroy target -> escape) but that did not at all stop me from enjoying it.

The deaths were awesome, too, i loved the brutal combat scenes.

When Nathan unfocuses his mind and kills those five guys in the street was probably my favorite part of the movie, though. I loved that gut slice, the way it sprayed blood past his face so we got this super-cool shot of grizzly-beard tommy looking to the left in a rain of blood. :O
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 02:32 AM       
God that movie was corny.

I mean come on, a damn drunken officer killing loads of Samurai like they were the last people on earth who knew how to use a sword..
When he gets caught.. its so stupid how he can kill like 4 of them. And then suddenly when he comes back to the village, he gets his ass handed to him all winter long.

I though it was beautifully done too, but I mean come on, this is not just a LITTLE cheese we're talking about here, its the whole damned Kraft factory.

don't go see it. wait for LOTR. And then sleep until Troy. Or Spider-Man.