Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hot Kukuro is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 11:07 PM        What do you think...
Of threads/postings pertaining to all the crap from the 80's (He-Man, Cabbage Patch Kids, glo-worm, real arcades, etc.) labeled as ''nostalgic to me'' by someone who wasn't even alive in the damn 80's? Or even, for that matter, most of the 90's?

Does it annoy the shit out of you when peeps follow with, "I remember that!", and "Wow, I had one of those!", when the toy was discontinued or pulled from the market about 10 years before they were born? You'd know this, cuz you were the one playing with them. This is the crap you got for Xmas the year they were released, and it was the same crap that got taken away or canceled due to that little girl whose hair got eaten, or the fact that music had taken a turn, thus particular toys/shows became marketing bunk...

I'd like some insight on why peeps in my demo are considered old by web brat standards - but do a gallery on crappy board games or doll collectibles circa '86 and suddenly every 16 year old has to jump on the bandwagon and exclaim that he had 4 of them... about 8 years after it fell from grace, about the same time he was maybe a stain in his dad's underpants.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM       
You sound like a 16yo with your "peeps" and "web brats", not to mention you meme inducing avatar. Let me guess, you're not Japanese.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 11:28 PM       
Doesn't annoy me at all. I enjoyed all the awesome stuff from the 70s & 80s because that's when I was a kid, but I still often try to go back even further to find things I missed out on. Take the Haunted House by Ideal board game I reviewed for example. That thing was out in the early 60s, and I wasn't even born, but played with it later on in life and loved it.

Nothing wrong with people remembering something they found out about later in life. And you're definitely on the wrong site if you don't like people talking about old toys, games, movies, etc.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 12:26 AM       
Some people live in say, the backwoods and they get everything late. Fads, fashion etc. So they might have nostalgic feelings for things like He-man or captain power. Even though they were born in the 90's, 00's.

Just an analysis ^.^
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 01:08 AM       
I think threads that are made solely to feel out a forum's general consensus are lame. And people who make them are lame.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:32 AM       
Food for thought for you Kuku:

Some people have these things called siblings, aunts/uncles, and parents. In most cases they can often be older than you are. So they pass their old toys to their younger brothers/sisters, sons/daughters, nices/nephews and they do so in order to allow said younger siblings to enjoy said toys fromn an era gone by. Perhaps when people who are 16 say "I had 3 of those" it might, just might be because they have these older siblings, parents, or aunts/uncles who passed these toys and games down to the next generation.

I myself was the youngest of 5, so I got to enjoy original GI Joes, (the 16inch figuers, the mobile command center, etc) wooden Fischer Price toys (like the airport and the barn and the schoolhouse), old board games pretty much out of print in my time (like Pathfinder, The Magnificent Race, and so on). So maybe these "web brats" are not lying as you assume. Perhaps 16 year old Billy has an older brother (maybe 30 year old Greg) who grew up playing with old Transformers and He-man toys. My nephews got almost all my old toys because I wanted them to enjoy what I got to enjoy.

As I said though, food for thought.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM       
I got star wars and gi joe toys from my brother and garage sales when I was toddlerish/kindergarten aged. I was born in 1989. Of all of the things to be elitist about, you're upset when people younger than you grew up with the same cartoons and toys. Congratulations, you are probably living an incredibly comfortable life where you don't have to deal with problems that most people must face. Unemployment, health problems? Who cares, but when a 16 year old watched the Transformers movie on VHS when they were five it hits the fan.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM       
BREAKING NEWS

People talk about things they like on the internet.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM       
People still talk about the 80s? Its been a decade since that fad started, lets break out the nirvana shirts and watch beavis and butthead already.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
You sound like a 16yo with your "peeps" and "web brats", not to mention you meme inducing avatar. Let me guess, you're not Japanese.

"meme-inducing?" Let me guess, there's a reason you'd know what that avatar is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I got star wars and gi joe toys from my brother and garage sales when I was toddlerish/kindergarten aged. I was born in 1989. Of all of the things to be elitist about, you're upset when people younger than you grew up with the same cartoons and toys. Congratulations, you are probably living an incredibly comfortable life where you don't have to deal with problems that most people must face. Unemployment, health problems? Who cares, but when a 16 year old watched the Transformers movie on VHS when they were five it hits the fan.
Elitist? Not really. The point kinda was in how they don't grow up with these things. Wtf's with the unemployment/health probs shit, anyway? When was the last time you rang a S.A. bell? Let's not forget: me- 1 post. You - a shit ton of replies on bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
I think threads that are made solely to feel out a forum's general consensus are lame. And people who make them are lame.
I think not realizing such threads are par for the course on web forums are lame. And peeps that overuse random anime images to convey a sense of cuteness/free spirit/femininity/what-the-fuck-ever's going through your grape nut brain are lame.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot Kukuro View Post
Elitist? Not really. The point kinda was in how they don't grow up with these things.
So the point is that even though they grew up with these things, you grew up with them first so they have no right to grow up with it?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:55 PM       
I have no idea what it's from. Looks like something a dumb ass would find amusing and hip.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:57 PM       
Oh man, someone take away his edit button please.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:59 PM       
I'm glad that I had the foresight to quote him instead of just replying.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:00 PM       
Quote:
Elitist? Not really. The point kinda was in how they don't grow up with these things. Wtf's with the unemployment/health probs shit, anyway? When was the last time you rang a S.A. bell? Let's not forget: me- 1 post. You - a shit ton of replies on bullshit.
I don't know what an S.A. bell is, but if you think that the threads on this forum are bullshit might I suggest you stop posting here?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:01 PM       
Yeah, when I replied he only had his message to me. I guess thoughts come to him really slowly.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:03 PM       
Quote:
So the point is that even though they grew up with these things, you grew up with them first so they have no right to grow up with it?

Um, I never said that. I think you just made it up, actually.
Is a RoboCop.

Quote:
"meme-inducing?" Let me guess, there's a reason you'd know what that avatar is.

I think not realizing such threads are par for the course on web forums are lame. And peeps that overuse random anime images to convey a sense of cuteness/free spirit/femininity/what-the-fuck-ever's going through your grape nut brain are lame.
NOW A THIRD ONE OH MY GOSH
Quote:
I don't know what an S.A. bell is, but if you think that the threads on this forum are bullshit might I suggest you stop posting here?
It's called the Salvation Army. But you've made my point, either way.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:04 PM       
Quote:
Um, I never said that. I think you just made it up, actually.
The point is how they don't grow up with these things. You wrote that, didn't you? So even if they did grow up with those things, you go around making threads complaining about them because you don't think that people younger than you could have grown up with the same stuff.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I have no idea what it's from. Looks like something a dumb ass would find amusing and hip.

Wait, you don't know what the avatar is but you... ok, I'ma shoot your bunny.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:06 PM       
Quote:
It's called the Salvation Army. But you've made my point, either way.
I don't think anyone here gets what you point is unless it has anything to do with you hating teenagers.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
The point is how they don't grow up with these things. You wrote that, didn't you? So even if they did grow up with those things, you go around making threads complaining about them because you don't think that people younger than you could have grown up with the same stuff.
Yes, when they don't grow up with things, ergo, don't play with them / watch them / even see them - it kinda sucks to hear them talk about how awesome they were, how fun they were to play with, etc, cuz they want to be a part of the fun and convo when peeps that did take a trip down memory lane.

I actually said nothing about being pissed or complaining about kids that may have played with hand-me-downs, siblings of children that were given a Teddy Ruxpin, or letting a younger cousin watch your old Transformers VHS's. In fact, I wasn't pertaining to that at all. You were the ones that assumed that. Hell, it's like someone lit a firecracker in your asses over shit I didn't mention... complaining about ''complaining''. Jesus Christ.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Yes, when they don't grow up with things, ergo, don't play with them / watch them / even see them - it kinda sucks to hear them talk about how awesome they were, how fun they were to play with, etc, cuz they want to be a part of the fun and convo when peeps that did take a trip down memory lane.

I actually said nothing about being pissed or complaining about kids that may have played with hand-me-downs, siblings of children that were given a Teddy Ruxpin, or letting a younger cousin watch your old Transformers VHS's. In fact, I wasn't pertaining to that at all. You were the ones that assumed that. Hell, it's like someone lit a firecracker in your asses over shit I didn't mention... complaining about ''complaining''. Jesus Christ.
Have you ever considered that the teenagers who "annoy the shit" out of you actually grew up with that stuff? No, because if you had you wouldn't have made this thread. You and your fucking peeps make me sick.
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 09:19 PM       
Quote:
Have you ever considered that the teenagers who "annoy the shit" out of you actually grew up with that stuff? No, because if you had you wouldn't have made this thread. You and your fucking peeps make me sick.
lol. Now I hate teenagers?

Have you ever considered reading the 25 Most Common Argumentative Fallacies? No, because if you had you wouldn't be beating a dead horse. You and your fucking presence makes me sick.