Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM        i'm a nerd and i'm bitching about nintendo games.
i love fan translations. i think the people who translate games that were never localized in the west are great. i've been able to play many-a-good-game as a result of romhackers.

i've seen people on romhacking-dot-net (you know THE compendium of fan-translations) state flat-out that there is nothing of worth left to translate for the famicom/nes. which is simply not true, even when you exclude mahjong games and fortune-telling software. there are plenty of rpgs untranslated, and games that would benefit from a re-translation (the magic of scheherazade - the game that brought kali to the us as curly!).

all right, so the shin megami tensei franchise is often cited as being the third-most popular rpg series in japan, behind final fantasy and dragon quest/warrior. it's even big in the states now, since atlus started localizing the games and people wet their pants over nocturne (with good reason) and dating-sim-crap-persona 3.

how the hell has nobody translated the first two games in the series? megami tensei/mt2

the original has been "near-completion" for years, by agtp/gideon zhi, the dude that translated the first sfc shin megami tensei games.

but i haven't seen that anybody has even announced attempting to translate digital devil story: megami tensei ii. that's totally a bummer.

the games were re-released on the super famicom, with a graphical make-over and probably some balance issues fixed. there's a translation of that in progress, too, apparently, but maaaaaaaaaaaaan. why no love for the 8-bit games?

i know there's a lot of people out there who have a stiffy for the famicom - i'm one of them. i know there's a lot of people out there who have a stiffy for the megaten franchise - i'm getting there. how come none of these motherfuckers are romhackers?

k0k0, get on this. learn japanese plz.

also, FUCKING COOL MUSIC.

god DAMN it