Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:37 AM        N.U.D.E@ Okay, the Japs are really freaking me out this tim
This is the scariest game concept ever. I found out about this on some x-box forum. Apparently you have this robot, and you can teach it to uh.... to talk to you. With the x-box headset.

http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2195697

(from the forum)
Narcolepsy, the game sleuth has been following the N.U.D.E. story since news first broke, and is here with wonderous information!

N.U.D.E, also known as Natural Ultimate Digital Expiriment is really similar to the game Seaman, but far more ambitious.

You start off with P.A.S.S. (Personal Assistant Secretary System), a prototype robot girl with limit communication and motor skills. Basically, you get her right out of the box. You have to train her, teach her words, and create within her a new understanding of life. In other words: you must teach her to be human. She is created by ARK, also known as Absolute Radiant Kingdom.

The system that the game runs on is genius at work. Basically, the entire human dictionary has been uploaded into the game, as well as natural human syllables. For instance, syllables like "frack" and "shun". What do you get? Fraction. With the ability to streamline voice, it will first me mechanical, but then change overtime to be smooth, and that is not all that changes (more later). PASS can learn endless amounts of words, and is quite intelligent if you work with her. Pretty soon, she'll be asking you question you wont even comprehend. Such as, why, if she is "human", does she not "feel". Kinda hard to tell an semi-organic being that only knows you as a companion that she isn't human without destroyign her. Yes, it is that freakin' deep. The AI put into this in immense. She wont just say programmed words and phrases, she will converse with you if given the time.

Not only that, but being a semi-cyborg has given her emotion, something that will be hard to cope with. She will mature (physically and emotionally) and you will (if you play long enough) have to to deal with losing her later on. This game is deep and will explore the psyche like you wouldn't beleive.

All of the dialouge will exist between you and her via headset. Not only can she talk with you, but she can do normal assistant type things like file, take dictation, and other various tasks.

Red Entertainment, the people behind NUDE have said that she will mimick you ands fit to form your style. Gangsta-a$ thugs might get a pimped-out robot. Nerds might get a pen and paper RPG buddy. I myself look forward to making her so advance, she might be able to hack the XBOX and lemme cheat whenevr I want. LOL, probably not going to happen. Regardless of how good or evil she turns out to be, PASS is yours to mold. Just don't get too attached.

A Japanese release date is set, but no American date. Check back often, as Narcolepsy will always inform you to the best gaming news.

[/url]
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:02 AM       
This "thing" will take over the world

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:14 AM       
Wow, that's going to S.U.C.K.!

I can't wait till the first loser teenagers start comitting suicide because their chick-sim broke up with them.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:37 AM       
imagine al of those nerds out there buying it becasue they think it's a sex simulator, and they immediately have sex with the TV when they plug it in, and they electrocute themselves.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:58 PM       
Somehow i have a feeling it will be *insert most hated person on i-mockery here*
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 07:26 PM       
Wait a minute, wasn't Seaman still one of those last damn DC games that still exist at stores en masse because nobody in their fucking mind will spend $9 to actually play this? High concept, but it sucks like a vaccum.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 01:09 PM       
Great... now maybe if they could hurry up and invent an actual, intelligent cyborg, they'd have me sold... otherwise, I wouldn't shell out a dime on this.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
Quote:
Nerds might get a pen and paper RPG buddy.
Any nerd that ended up playing D&D with a girl, real or AI, would never leave the rented inn room, nevermind the town.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 11:16 PM       
Yeah, this game does sound pretty wierd, but I always keep even just a small part of my mind open to things. Sure, there will be those nerds and psychos that will view their "robot" as a companion, rather than a game, but, if played right, this could be entertaining.

I do agree, though, that there will be dorks out there that will do a swan dive out of there bedroom windows when they lose the robot girl, but seeing as how the kind of people that would do that live in their parent's basements, i dont think we need to worry about any fatalities.