Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM       
I think if you remove h is assholeface from this then this is an interesting topic. What do these types of family structures cause. I DONT KNOW! maybe it's bad or maybe it doesn't actually matter.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf View Post
Feminism has a lot to do with it as it thrust women into the most competitive areas of industry which transofmred the normal household from one where the mother would be home to cook to one where the woman would be working similarly long and exhausting hours as the man.

The social ramifications go very far.
How sexist can you get, dick? You honestly think that women not being home to cook, due to getting jobs, completely destroyed the American diet? Yes or No.

Quote:
You notice that now you have to have a working mother to support most households? This was caused by the inundation of the labor market which increased nearly 100% if we are talking about taking half the population who normally wasn't working competitively and now having them do so. The worker was fundamentally disenfranchised.

You are a complete imbecile. I can't stop giggling at your reasoning.

My Idiot Room Mate

Act I

KK: You know what's wrong with 'Merica?
MattJack: Not now KK.. I'm trying to count the tiles on the ceiling.
KK: No, seriously! Just give me a chance this time!
MattJack: Fiinnnnee, but this is the last time.
KK: Alright! Yes! Ok, let me tell you, oh let me tell you what I figured out!
MattJack:
KK: OK I know why Americans are so fat now!
MattJack: Oh yeah? Do tell.
KK: YES! FEMINISM!
MattJack:
KK: OK GET THIS! Feminism thrusted, aka forced, women to work, and thus put us in a world where women wouldn't cook supper every night! Now since women can't be there to cook every night, heh, due to feminism, not only did it destroy the American family, but it also made households across America to rely on fast food 6-7 times a week WHICH IN TURN MADE US FAT AND DESTROYED OUR AMERICAN FOOD CULTURE!!!!! IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
MattJack:

Act II

(KK walks in the apartment from a hard day at Staples)
KK: (mumbling)Stupid.. stupid women.. no.. stupid feminism.. ruining my, wages.. disenfranchising me..
MattJack: How was work buddy?
KK: (choking up)JUST TERRIBLE! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!
MattJack: Calm down, calm down. Here let me make you some Spaghetti-Os.
KK: Thanks.. *sniffing* it's just.. it's just that damn! THOSE DAMN FEMS! (begins crying uncontrollably)
MattJack: Now, now! Come here, here take this tissue, you're getting snot all on the new tie I got you. Tell me, what happened today? Did you get swamped by elementary teachers again?
KK: Thanks, and no that's only when school starts up around September*sniff*. It's just, It's just that I don't make enough money! I feel like a failure! (begins sobbing again)
MattJack: Awww! You make enough money, buddy! Don't get down on yourself like that! Look, we can fix up your resume and get you a better job!
KK: No! It isn't my fault that I have a job that pays me like this!
MattJack: (brings Spaghetti-Os and blanket to KK) Oh it isn't? Then who's is it, Mr. KK?
KK: Thanks! You're the best MattJack! It's all the fault of those damn feminists!
MattJack:
KK: If the pool of workers for simple manufacturing work and services were to increase 20 or 30% over a decade, due to feminism thrusting women into the workplace, the wages would drop exponentially, right?
MattJack:
KK:Noww, men have to work longer hours.. ..to make up for the decrease of relative wages. THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF FEMINISM! (begins crying uncontrollably)
MattJack:
AlliSabbah is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 07:57 PM       
MattJack that is one of the funniest things I have ever read.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 10:42 PM       

You have won this award as being an exceptional newbie, MattJack.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 11:14 PM       
MattJack as KK is more concise, and way funnier than KK could ever hope to be on his own.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM       
MattJack is my new short term internet hero....
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:33 AM       
Now enough of this guys and go vote for your new fake president.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 04:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
couldn't it have also been caused by some other rather large economic changes like I don't know a depression and a couple of wars?
Those were 20 years previous.

Quote:
all he's saying is that women wanting to work removed them from caring for their families. Then, all the extra employees ALONE somehow caused the entire economy to shift to where most families have to have two working parents in order to support that family, whereas before it would only be the father.

I think it'd be hard to show that feminism alone caused all of this and not any of the millions of other socioeconomic factors ;o
What other socioeconomic factor was there? I would like to hear your explanation other than blaming it on events that happened 20 years previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazeappeal View Post
Isn't it only fair to take into consideration the repurcussions of the demand for women to join the workforce during World War 2 AND the outsourcing of manufacturing and customer assistance jobs to overseas?

The feminist movement is hardly a Stand Alone Complex.
The outsourcing didn't begin until after the feminist revolution in the 1970s and 1980s and Detroit wasn't truly humbled until the 1990s as far as I know.

But outsourcing is a natural economic process. I am not mad about it so much. As wages get higher they need to have cheaper costs.

Paying 10,000 employees the Union demanded $28 an hour is not as good as paying 10,000 employees $3 an hour.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM       
Don't socioeconomic changes sometimes take a long time to make themselves completely apparant?
Plus there's other things that have happened along the way as well, like black rights and all that which made it so other people, besides the white male, had a bigger shot at the market too.

Why not blame civil rights and stuff like that as well? Are women the only employees that have surged the workforce?

there's other industrial and economic things that have changed beyond that, I'm sure, as there are always several things which have changed over a 100 year period of time; but I thought that might be the most appropriate since you're talking about the workforce itself expanding and causing this problem.

don't forget all those wars made it so there were a lot of unmarried/widowed mother's maybe WHO HAD TO HAVE JOBS.
Blonde Ambition
dirtyxblondexdame is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
yeah that hamburglar is butch man
is it the stripes?? or the mask?? or maybe the cape?!?!?

the world will never know.
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyxblondexdame View Post
is it the stripes?? or the mask?? or maybe the cape?!?!?

the world will never know.
It's the hat.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Ms. Sorghum Molasses '82
Sleazeappeal is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:24 AM       
Quote:
But outsourcing is a natural economic process. I am not mad about it so much.
Of course not, you live in Korea.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 01:13 AM       
DEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM       
MattJack is a natural mocker.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
Most feminists are ugly fat and pretty much unfuckable and I think that's something we can ALL get behind.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Force View Post
Most feminists are ugly fat and pretty much unfuckable and I think that's something we can ALL get behind.

Don't tell me you wouldn't tap that.
Blonde Ambition
dirtyxblondexdame is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman914 View Post
It's the hat.
ahhhh, the hat. i think it's a little bit of everything -- AND that's where R.Kelly got his inspiration for that video where he's wearing the same hat and mask getup as the Hamburgular, except in pink.

hot.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 10:35 PM       
I definitely would, that's why I said most and not ALL