Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 01:15 PM       
I think I said this somewhere before, but if you crunch the numbers Mother 3 has officially taken longer to get to an English-speaking public in a playable form than the development of Duke Nukem Forever

SO THERE
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
DNF is never coming out.
EVER THINK THAT COULD'VE BEEN THE JOKE?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM       
I feel that by the time this game comes out with an English Dub someone else could have just made an entire English version of it from scratch.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I think I said this somewhere before, but if you crunch the numbers Mother 3 has officially taken longer to get to an English-speaking public in a playable form than the development of Duke Nukem Forever

SO THERE
hasn't DNF been in development for like 10 years?

i don't think this is true :-/ unless you're referring to the cancelled n64 game

[/answeredmyownquestion] nvm
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post

SO THERE
I don't count the fan translation, though. Mother 3 is 100% playable, just not in english. DNF has nothing to show for it's development time except for a prerendered trailer and a few seconds of shakeycam footage on some noname's web show.

Quote:
EVER THINK THAT COULD'VE BEEN THE JOKE?
Yes, but we're getting frequent updates, and a rough estimate on when the translation is going to be done. DNF is still coming out "whenever" and blew off E3 because it's "not relevant".

Good joke, mate.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 01:28 AM       
Yeah well I didn't give a shit about Duke Nukem Forever 10 years ago and I don't give a shit about it now.

Mother 3 though hell yes

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 05:22 PM       
Fucking hell. According to the list, they have 5 things left to do now, but they've added time estimates for them, and they're all fucking LONG. Seriously, it looks like it'll be another month or two until it's done.

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM       

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM       
Good thing he's doing it for free, now, hmm?
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM       
As long as it gets here before StarCraft 2...

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2008, 03:46 PM       
The progress just comes in such tiny increments. That's the problem. It fills me with man rage every week to read that they've completed another .09% of the game's fifth bug test and it'll only be 2 more bug tests and another month and a half before we'll be able to test the final product for bugs!

Honestly at this point I'd rather play a buggy version that occasionally spams jibberish than have to wait even longer
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM       
It seems like they just enjoy dragging it out as long as possible so they can keep getting praise for it. The updates always follow the same format and it's more irritating than anything else.

"Another small update. These will probably be all you guys will see from now on. I was really busy this week with my real life job but I just finished blah blah blah so that's another thing off the to-do list.

The problem with this one was blah blah blah blah....

blah blah..

Yep, it looks like we're finally near the end of this :D"

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 08:10 PM       
i noticed they've disabled comments for a lot of recent entries
The Wolf
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM       
"Testing and polishing. This will last for about a month. (note: testing will be done on various emulators and hardware, including various flash carts and things like the PSP, etc.)"

I don't understand this. Why can't they just fucking release it when it's done and then continue to work on making it compatible for the other shit? Most people will just play it on an emulator on their computers. That other stuff is great, but fuck.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
It should automatically be compatable with anything that can run an emulation. It's just like any other ROM file. I don't understand that at all.
rockfuckcunt
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM       
doesn't the PSP just use a version of visual boy advance anyway? i know the wii does, and visual boy advance is a really popular gba emulator...
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 12:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
doesn't the PSP just use a version of visual boy advance anyway?
Yeah, the only issue would be if it were an older release of vba and had some sort of issue?

The Wolf
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 01:05 PM       
In other words, fuck you, guy who's working on it.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 03:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
doesn't the PSP just use a version of visual boy advance anyway? i know the wii does, and visual boy advance is a really popular gba emulator...
It's a different emulator, but yeah VBA is also available. The best one uses a dumped GBA BIOS and runs at full speed.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM       
I use gpSP-Kai myself, just because it's the first one I spotted. Haven't had any problems, save for one layering problem in the original Rhythm Heaven. I tested a few other games and they ran perfectly.

Plus, I like bumping the visuals up so the game fits from top to bottom. I just wish there was some kind of Super Gameboy-like border to take up the two black bars on the side

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 10:13 PM       
gpSP is the one.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM       
Duke Nukem was interesting when I was 13, and enjoyed looking at pixelated boobs.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Duke Nukem was interesting when I was 13, and enjoyed looking at pixelated boobs.
You lost interest?

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM       
Every time you guys post in this thread, you get my hopes up and then instantly OBLITERATE them.

Stop it
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM       
bump this thread every day