Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
MacLeon MacLeon is offline
Forum Virgin
MacLeon's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM       
I believe a union between two people of the same gender is somewhat of an abomination for the following reasons: they can bare no fruit. However, this is the least of my problems. I could care less about gay marriage.
__________________
Your KID is an honor student.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Tadao Tadao is offline
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeon View Post
I believe a union between two people of the same gender is somewhat of an abomination for the following reasons: they can bare no fruit. However, this is the least of my problems. I could care less about gay marriage.
__
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Fat_Hippo Fat_Hippo is offline
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeon View Post
they can bare no fruit.
So? Are people like apple trees now? Or do you consider fruitless plants like...roses, to be abominations too? Huh? HUH!?

P.S.: Yes, it's SUPPOSED to be stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
the Swiss are not afraid to beat their women with oversized novelty chocolate bars
He speaks truth!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM       
You're right MacLeon what this world needs is more people!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Fat_Hippo Fat_Hippo is offline
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM       
And don't act like you've never felt the urge to give a guy a good cornholing.
We know all your secrets.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
the Swiss are not afraid to beat their women with oversized novelty chocolate bars
He speaks truth!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Bavles Bavles is offline
Simpson's Trivia King
Bavles's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: (weeping horribly) Florence Arizona...
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 12:25 PM       
lol so all your points are about how it states in the bible that it's wrong...so where does that leave an atheist like me? convince ME....i have no problem with homosexuality and many of my friends are either gay or bi....i'd really like to hear your opinions on that.
__________________
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This....is my BOOMSTICK!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeon View Post
they can bare no fruit.
Hey, you know "Bare Fruit"? They make awesome natural dried apple snacks!
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Emu Emu is offline
Level 29 ♂
Emu's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Peoria, IL
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 06:45 PM       
I have a lot of problems with homosexuality
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Pub Lover Pub Lover is offline
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Mogadishu, Texas
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:15 PM       
Serious problems?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
No YouTube embeds in your sigs, poindexter.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Tadao Tadao is offline
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:24 PM       
I missed you Pub, can I have gay love with you now?
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Aequil Aequil is offline
Forum Virgin
Aequil's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM       
But a book written 50 years after the death of a carpenter who has been dead for more than 2000 years is bound to be true!
Why? Because the bible says it is, of course!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Colonel Flagg Colonel Flagg is offline
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
I have a lot of problems with homosexuality
Why? Homosexuality is easy!

So I've heard ....
__________________
The future is fun,
The future is fair.
You may already have won!
You may already be there.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
derrida derrida is offline
Member
derrida's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat View Post
Sorry, my biology is a bit out of date, but aren't group selection theories of such a nature usually considered to be not very accurate? I mean, I understand kinship altruism and so forth, but population control and the checking of male-male competition are exactly the kind of group benefits that are absolutely unbeneficial to whoever is carrying the gene for them.
I mean really, if evolution provided for genes that checked detrimental male-male competition and controlled population, what would we need governments for?
Yeah, those things are unbeneficial to the organism of the species carrying the gene, but what if the gene was only passed down maternally, or only toggled on in the presence of other genes, or morphogens, or a number of other factors (understanding mechanisms of gene expression requires way too much math for my brain)

Here's a quote from Darwin:

"Although a high standard of morality gives but a slight or no advantage to each individual man and his children over the other men of the same tribe...an advancement in the standard of morality will certainly give an immense advantage to one tribe over another."

So, the notion of group selection isn't new (even though it's been taboo I guess since the 60's.) but what we know now about genes is that they are far more complex than a simple input-output function.

I think a useful way to understand evolution is the fact that you have groups that are divided by both geographical and ecological boundaries. These boundaries get blurred either by migration, or by scarcity, when selection pressures laterally compress co-existing niches.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM       
derrida said: "Blah fart"
Translation!

I SOUND SMART TALKING ABOUT IRRELEVANT THINGS.

Guys I don't know if you're aware of this but generally we don't rely on what is genetically prominent to find out what's morally right or wrong. IN fact sometimes that is considered a GENETIC FALLACY and it's gay so shut the fuck up.

Quote:
an advancement in the standard of morality will certainly give an immense advantage to one tribe over another.
So like a tribe of pacifists will have an ADVANTAGE over a tribe over aggresors who like to kill pacifists? So does that mean aggressively killing pacifists is moral or something like that?
__________________
NEVER
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Big Papa Goat Big Papa Goat is offline
Mocker
Big Papa Goat's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:39 AM       
Morality here clearly has to be understood as it has generally been understood throughout most of human history; doing good for your friends and harm to your enemies, which I guess is more like justice than morality as such, but still I think that's basically what we're talking about here. That kind of morality (=justice) is basically advantageous for any particular group; it's just that the concept of populations as a unit that is selected for in terms of biological evolution is tough to grasp. The way I always saw it was that the populations provided something like a context for the evolution of different genes within the population, but I never really got that far along in biology I suppose.

You raise a good point in general about the complexity of gene expression, I guess if we can't really know how genes get expressed that could say a lot about how much we can know about how genes get selected for. Makes talking about evolutionary biology and behaviour pretty complicated for sure.

As for kahljorn; I think what we're talking about here is a descriptive account of how 'morality' came to be, we're not trying to justify anything on the basis of it's origins, which I think is what you mean by the genetic fallacy. Like I said earlier, the morality we're talking about is doing good to your friends and harm to your enemies, not a philosophically sophisticated morality, but certainly a prominent one in human history. It is an opinion about what is right and wrong whose origins can be traced to evolutionary biology, tracing the origins of something is not the same as justifying it by those origins. But that doesn't mean we can just forget about nature and say that it's all just meaningless epiphenomena, the nature (=origins) of human things (like morality) is still important to understanding and dealing with them. Like this bad morality that evolution gave us; just because Plato showed what was wrong with it about 2000 years ago (and any reasonable person can see what's wrong with it on their own anyway) doesn't mean that it's gone away, so living with the biological reality of (biologically) evolved morality remains important.

I've been rambling, so let me just get to the point: being gay is gross.
__________________
Ibid
Reply With Quote
  #66  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 06:48 PM       
Basically all you guys are saying is that certain types of moralities and societies propagate certain types of "People" or genes. So what? Thanks for wasting anybody who is reading this threads time.

Quote:
I think what we're talking about here is a descriptive account of how 'morality' came to be
Through genes, right? Genes created morality? lol just kidding. OR AM I?

I guess you're right about the genetic fallacy. I just wanted to mention it because where this argument comes from is something that relies on it's genes to justify it.
What you guys are doing is more like a red herring and bringing up irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with it for god knows what reason. What purpose does derrida have for bringing this up other than to be gay? He's just responding to some gay faggots point that the gay gene could be bred out and trying to show it won't necessarily be so - but that has nothing to do with morality. Not even the "origins of morality." I think you misunderstand derrida's gayness.

and all that relies on the notion that homosexuality is explicitely genetic and not environmental anyway.

Quote:
the morality we're talking about is doing good to your friends and harm to your enemies, not a philosophically sophisticated morality, but certainly a prominent one in human history.
Real morality begins when you start questioning who are your friends and what is a benefit and a harm ;/ i dont know I guess i just think you guys are talking out of your ass and not really adding anything to the conversation.
__________________
NEVER
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Big Papa Goat Big Papa Goat is offline
Mocker
Big Papa Goat's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:09 PM       
Talking about the morality of gayness is boring anyway
__________________
Ibid
Reply With Quote
  #68  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM       
So is the genetics of gayness. Especially considering there's not even any proof that gayness is genetic.
__________________
NEVER
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Fat_Hippo Fat_Hippo is offline
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 12:50 PM       
If gayness is genetic, it doesn't matter, as it won't be passed down anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
the Swiss are not afraid to beat their women with oversized novelty chocolate bars
He speaks truth!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Dr. Boogie Dr. Boogie is offline
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Help, I'm lost!
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM       
Honestly, people, this is way more than any thread started by KK deserves.
__________________
Dr. Boogie: Everything is so simple when you have a rocket launcher for an arm!


Reply With Quote
  #71  
darkvare darkvare is offline
taco loving zombie
darkvare's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: zacatecas mexico bitches
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
What if I'm looking at straight porn, but then I accidentally click some gay porn, and then I come, does that count?
only if you repeat it or enjoy it
__________________

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Reply With Quote
  #72  
kahljorn kahljorn is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NO
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
If gayness is genetic, it doesn't matter, as it won't be passed down anyway.
I guess listening to derrida talk buttholes would've been worth destroying this eyerolable joke
__________________
NEVER
Reply With Quote
  #73  
mburbank mburbank is offline
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: right behind you
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 12:45 PM       
Okay, first of all, screwing gay guys isn't wrong if you like to do it. Screwing UGLY gay guys is TOTALY IMMORAL because it's unnatural to be okay with screwing someone who us ugly. Why do you think we are made so that ugly people tend to revolt us physically? Because it's wrong.

Same goes for fat gay people, and your darker black skinned homos, and any fag at all with a limb missing. What the fuck is wrong with you if you want that?

Any girl at all is pretty much fair game unless they are horrendously ugly or so fat you can't find where to go or are missing more than one limb, but you have to draw the line somewhere, so next time you're doing it, look at your partner and make a truthful guess as to just how close to the line you are getting. Pretty close isn't wrong, but it's not a good sign.

I hope this helped.

OH! DO NOT screw animals at all. Not even really super cute ones.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
mburbank mburbank is offline
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: right behind you
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM       
Oh, also?

Guy with the dark red font?

I cannot read a single word you wrote. I mean, sure, you can when you look at it, because you already know what you wrote, but have a heart, okay? It's totally wrong that I don't know what you have to say in this thread, it's like I'm missing a whole part of the conversation, and that's fucked up. No offense. Probably nobody told you but I guess I'm just the asshole around here, but it's only because if your posting I want what you say to be hear as that is the point. So it's all good.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Girl Drink Drunk Girl Drink Drunk is offline
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Word.
__________________
"Ignoring all the retarded anime shit and Guitar Woman fawning over a drawing to say that Toobin' is the best Tube similation since Virtual Bart."- Gadzooks
mockery.com/halloween/bag/costumequiz/default.php
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.