Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 08:30 AM        Texas got some smart 'uns in it!
edit: This came from a paper in Witchia Falls, Tx. The only paper there. Don't have the link to the article, but it WASNT Dennis Miller. And yes, I know 3) is false, but still good for a chuckle.

All the rhetoric on whether or not we should go to war against Iraq has got my insane little brain spinning like a roulette wheel. I enjoy reading opinions from both sides but I have detected a hint of confusion from some of you.

As I was reading the paper recently, I was reminded of the best advice someone ever gave me. He told me about the "KISS" method (Keep It Simple, Stupid!) So, with this as a theme, I'd like to apply this theory for those who don't quite get it. My hope is that we can simplify things a bit and recognize a few important facts.

Here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion on this important issue:

1) Out of President Bush and Saddam Hussein . . . Hussein is the bad guy.

2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing, keep this in mind, they have Libya heading the Committee on Human Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament committee. Do your own math here.

3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories," your reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No War For Oil," sue your school district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

5) Saddam and bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.

6) Despite common belief, Martin Sheen is not the President. He plays one on TV.

7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "infidel" and bin Laden wants you dead, too.

8) If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy" but not in the danger Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell computer Dude.

9) We are not trying to kill Iraqi citizens. We are trying to liberate them.

10) Whether you are for military action or against it, our young men and women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out. We all need to support them without reservation.

I hope this helps.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 10:27 AM       
You really need to show some restraint when it comes to making new topics.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Texas got some smart 'uns in it!
See, now here's what I don't get. The title of your post here is fairly derogatory in nature. It seems to be making fun of Texas and the way they speak there, so I can only assume before reading the post that what it contains is some article or commentary that points out what "misinformed idiots" they must be.

Hrmmm...let's just think about that for a minute.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 07:41 PM       
That being said Proto, I can only hope this guy is NOT from Texas. If you're southern, Texas actually isn't that bad a place to be, and we don't need people like that gaying up Texas's reputation further. The rednecks (which is stereotypical because around bigger cities there are actually more "thug" types than rednecks) already have done enough.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 07:44 PM       
The guy who wrote that is from texas, and the topic is making fun of the way people think of Texans and W. Bush in general.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 10:03 PM       
Surely you realize that international relations are anything but simple!
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 10:06 PM       
And also, you realize that there must be more than one personality in Texas, hmm?