Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Randomnimity is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 12:49 AM        Identity
Did anyone else think that this was a seriously fucked up movie? I mean, I personally liked it alot, but the plot was really, really messed up. What's even more messed up is that I can't find a way to say why it's messed up without giving away too much of the plot (or maybe I'm just stupid).

I'll never look at the movie clichè of a group of Strangers with Shared Identities stranded on an Indian Burial Ground with No Way to Contact the Outside World and a Killer On the Lose the same way again....

Hugh_Bristic is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:41 AM       
Now, I'm a big fan of letting people come to their own conclusions on movies, literature, music, or even other people - but that's only if they're right, which clearly, you aren't. I suspect this movie will be on a Mystery Science 3000 at some point; if it's not, there's no justice in the world.

The movie Adaptation (which I still reserve judgment on) came to mind, between eye rolls and disgusted laughter. Donald Kaufman: The killer, the girl, and the cop all have split-personalities! They're all the same person! Isn't that fucked up?
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:07 AM       
Dude, MST3K was cancelled in 1999. I know becuase I CRIED when It was announced, and wrote a letter to the Sci-Fi channel telling them I'd kill myself if they didn't change their minds. Thanks for reminding me, bitch
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:09 AM       
It starts off great and goes horribly downhill. The 'twist' is signposted so massively you would have to have your face enmeshed with your rectum during the movie to miss it. And then after the twist, they still carry on for about half an hour....who the fuck cares at that point??

Its a real shame cos the atmosphere at the start is done really well.

Hugh_Bristic is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 04:11 AM       
Schadenfreude, baby.

Addendum: The characters ('A limo driver, an '80s TV star, a cop who is transporting a killer, a call girl, a pair of newlyweds and a family in crisis, all take shelter at a desolate motel run by a nervous night manager.') were unbearable and predictable. I was annoyed that the limo driver was rival to our very own MacGyver. Granted, great films have that token disgruntled ex-(choose your profession here) male who reluctantly and amazingly surfaces to the top so he can save the day (See Christopher Walken, Joe Dirt), but Cusack as a a surgeon/seamster/ex-law enforcer/LIMOfuckin'DRIVER is about as credible as Melissa Rivers as an anchorwoman.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:43 AM       
And they try and perpetuate the 'love interest' between cusack and the girl after you have found out they are all parts of the same personality....whats the fucking point in that?
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:07 AM       
I fucking hate this shit-storm. Like Dole said, it starts out ok with a cool atmosphere, but then they add all that split-presonality garbage, bad "hey, remember when this happened in that other movie" movie references that only undermine the film and point out how it's derivative, and that blad fucking actor was just trash. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 1.
JeefGyle is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:59 PM       
I like the movie, but god do I hate a lot about it. Like nobody would have been like, "Hey it's weird that me my husband and our son have the same birthday". Plus I think the movie should have ended right before that little kid shows up and kills the call girl.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 01:09 PM       
I wouldn't consider this a bad movie so much as it was PAINFULLY mediocre.

I agree that the beginning was great, it showed a lot of promise that it just didn't come close to living up to.