Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:20 AM        A Roger question.
A while ago, while you were pimping that all-night Epilepsy Foundation charity/party/thing you were in for TheStream.TV, I tuned in for a few hours and there was an exceptionally interesting guy hanging around while you'd left for the night.

He kinda looked like Andre the Giant's illegitimate son with an Irish woman, also had the most epic pair of mutton chops I've ever seen. I think he slapped one of the other hosts at one point because they were bored and decided to hit each other. Might also be referred to as "Captain Africa," and told a really awesome story about his time as a photojournalist over there.

So, yeah, who the fuck was that guy, and where can I see more of his shenanigans? Does anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_cYEsra9pM

About the 6 minute mark.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:49 AM       
Not sure why you didn't just email this question, but that would be my buddy Andrew McGregor. I did an improvised bit during that streamathon with him about his mutton chops among other things. Really nice guy and he's the founder of the Los Angeles Chessboxing club. http://www.lachessboxing.com

You're welcome... stalker.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 12:59 AM       
Who the fuck even reads email?

I would have posted this in the Questions forum or in the chat thread, but the same logic applied.

I'm totally not a stalker, I just think that in the study of Journalism, it is important to be hep to the almost-famous personalities with cool-ass portfolios. Anyway, thanks, Rog, you're pretty much the coolest
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 02:07 AM       
Rog, did you know about this?

Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 02:17 AM       
I do now

So who else has "A Roger question" for me? Now's your chance to get those questions you've been dying to hear the answers to for countless years!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 02:46 AM       
DEAR ROGER,

HOWSA IT GOIN?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 03:54 AM       
DEAR ROGER,

DO YOU LIKE CORDUROY AND/OR PAISLEY?

Also, I'm into chessboxin'. Stuff's great.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:19 AM       
hey man you like booberry and shit
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 07:07 AM       
Hey Roger what's your favourite time of year?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM       
How long did it take to fully adjust living on the west coast after living on the east coast for so long?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Rog, did you know about this?

These = The penance of human society.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
DEAR ROGER, HOWSA IT GOIN?
It'sa goin' aok, buddy. Halloween season 'tis upon us, and I'm already having a lot o' fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
DEAR ROGER,

DO YOU LIKE CORDUROY AND/OR PAISLEY?

Also, I'm into chessboxin'. Stuff's great.
I used to LOVE corduroy pants when I was a kid. I would purposefully stand in place while running fast as I can just to make noise with the pants. Don't think I ever owned anything with a paisley pattern though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
hey man you like booberry and shit
That's the word on the street. You can always trust the word on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Hey Roger what's your favourite time of year?
My favourite time of the year is when I get to type "favourite" instead of "favorite" in a sentence. So my favourite time of the year is apparently now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
How long did it take to fully adjust living on the west coast after living on the east coast for so long?
It definitely wasn't an immediate thing. When we first moved out here, we moved to Glendale into a temporary month-to-month apartment because we had no idea where we wanted to live. The movers kept all of our stuff in storage for months until we figured out where we wanted to live. Until then, we were sleeping on an inflatable mattress, ate dinner on the floor, and the only furniture we had was a wobbly folding card table for each computer. Eventually, we settled on moving into a place in Burbank, and we loved it there, but decided to move to WeHo (loved it there too) about a year later. It wasn't until we were in West Hollywood for a year or two that we were both fully adjusted to living out here. I think I adjusted faster because I generally hate cold winter weather, and the constant 70 degrees with no humidity perfection that they have out here was very welcome.

Still, coming from a place as boring as Richmond, VA... it was a big adjustment. I just wasn't used to having so many options for things to do, places to eat, and locations to visit. So yeah, life got way busier in many ways. Taking my time to drive across the country with Re was the most fun I've had in my entire life and I hope to do it again some day. I'm really glad we came out here and, even for a nomad like me, it's hard to imagine living anywhere outside of California now.
Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM       
Dear Roger,

"Pam" and I have been friends since childhood, when we attended preschool together. Our backgrounds are similar and we share the same religious views.
About two months ago, Pam suddenly stopped speaking to me. I have wracked my brain and honestly have no idea why. I have called, e-mailed and sent her letters to which she tersely replied, "Leave me alone."

I'm sick over it and don't know what to do. My kids love Pam and I adore her children and family. I cannot for the life of me imagine what would cause her to discard our friendship with no explanation.

I heard through the neighborhood grapevine that people suspect there must have been some kind of infidelity involved -- such as Pam's husband hitting on me or mine on her. According to one neighbor, "It's the only plausible reason" a friendship like ours would end so abruptly. I am beside myself. What should I do? -- HAVEN'T A CLUE IN SOVIET RUSSIA
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM       
Dear Spetsnaz,

Sounds like you and your husband and Pam and her husband need to all get together, swingers style, and just get it out of the way already. Then you can return to being normal friends in Soviet Russia who laugh all day and play Tetris while drinking fine vodka.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:45 PM       
when can you get back to making sites that mock people on i-mockery
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
when can you get back to making sites that mock people on i-mockery
Dear Chojin,

I can do that as soon as I finish building my time machine that will transport me back to the times when I still actually wanted to spend my days writing about various music scenes and mocking them, instead of bad movies, toys, games and anything else like I do these days. That ship sailed long ago my friend. I don't believe in working on something beyond the point of your genuine interest in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Dear Roger,

Why have these?

When these are available?

Dear Pentegran,

I wouldn't eat either of those. Little known fact: I don't actually eat pickles at all, they just amuse me for some reason. I do love some good Lays Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper Krinkle Cut potato chips though :O
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 04:59 PM       
Dear Roger,

I too hate the taste of pickles, yet I recommend those grippos. They are a decent chip.

Your salt and pepper chips are good as well.

Might I recommend kettle cooked sea salt and vinegar chips as well?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
Dear Pentegarn,

Not a fan of salt & vinegar chips, but I do like the jalapeno kettle chips they make. Tasty, tasty.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 06:15 PM       
You don't have to eat a pickle to enjoy it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM       
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 08:44 PM       
Dear RoG,

Any chance of a fun review of the D&D Jones Soda pack? I'd love to see what came out of it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 09:07 PM       
Dear Shadowdancer21b,

If the Jones Soda company or anybody else wants to send me it, I'd gladly review it. I don't think we'd do a new Extreme Beverage Testers piece though, as my extreme pals weren't extreme enough to move out to the West coast. But yeah, I'd gladly do a write-up about it still.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
Dear Roger,
Who is your favorite Beatle?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM       
Dear Roger,

You remind me of Rev. Nørb sometimes a lot.