Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2008, 04:57 AM        Splinter Cell: Conviction
I really like the Splinter Cell franchise. It was the ideal game for me, unrushed missions, strategical and just darn cool. Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent are all really great. I am a little concerned about Conviction, though. Apparently, Sam isn't an NSA agent any longer. This means he isn't going to have all his cool gadgets with him, or the slick ninja-like outfit. As it stands, I'm not really impatient about the game coming out. It seems as though they are changing the way you play the whole game. I.e. hiding in the dark, killing guys while hanging from pipes and basically, being a total government badass.

From the media coverage I've seen so far, there will be a crowd cover system. I guess team Splinter Cell and team Assassins Creed had coffee or something.

I was playing Double Agent yesterday, and although it wasn't my favourite Splinter Cell, I still like it. It just got me thinking that it seems that they're removing all the things that I really liked from the game in order to evolve the franchise. Incidentally, my favourite Splinter Cell game is Pandora Tomorrow. I thought the missions were really well planned out. From the jungle to the middle eastern ones.

This picture basically sums up what Splinter Cell is to me.

Sneaking in the dark and having all kinds of stealthy action. It's fun times.

Not this.

Granted, Sam is running away like a little bitch in this picture, but you can see how totally different the theme/idea of the game is compared to its predecessors.

I'm sure it will be a great game. Ubisoft have a reputation for putting out excellent titles. I'm not disputing that. My concern is that it may be moving a little too far from the original concepts and ideas that made the franchise great.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM       
I love the Splinter Cell games. Easily one of my favorite franchises. Chaos Theory is in my top five games. But this next one looks totally lame. It looks to me they're making a Assassin's Creed wannabe with the SC name tagged to it for the masses. The SC games are the types of games you play on the hardest difficulty and play to perfection. This next title looks like GTA cell or something.

I CALL THIS LAME.

LAME
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2008, 11:48 PM       
I haven't touched Splinter Cell since the original game. Are all the levels still the same?
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:17 AM       
The first one was pretty much like office buildings and stuff.

The second one opened it up to jungle camps and city streets.

The third one stuck more to the city streets and building levels.

The fourth one introduced arctic landscapes, city streets, a cruise ship and a hotel.

In the fourth, Sam's a Double Agent pretending to be a Terrorist. It still uses the "hide in the dark" style of play, but it's not as heavily dependant on it as seen in the previous games. It's more of a "hide under a table or behind some crates" type thing. Basically, a Splinter Cell Metal Gear without a Metal Gear. Not as fun as 2 or 3 in my opinion, just way better looking.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:04 PM       
i never liked splinter cell not eunogh action

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Madface is probably a spambot
Old May 23rd, 2008, 10:45 AM       
Damn. I can't imagine playing a splinter cell game that has you running from the popo looking like a graying grizzly adams. This takes away everything that made splinter cell badass. When I first played the game when I was 10 I loved it because it was one of the few stealth games that made me feel like a ninja and nothing had more satisfaction than hanging from a pipe and breaking someone's neck.