Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Forum Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 04:47 PM       
On the contrary; I'm trying to get people to give the guy some leeway. And yeah, you're right in that you can usually plan around stuff, but if there's a time of year where shit happens that you didn't plan for, it's Christmas.

Just hoping we can all get along and give the guy some time

That was very funny. Well done.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:08 PM       
What happened to the asshole Zomboid and where did this monstrosity come from?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:19 PM       
Christmas cheer!

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
Tbh, you're not even part of the secret santa, so you should go cheer your way into another sub-forum.
Baron Von Snugglemittens
blood_panther is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 07:27 PM       
no worries until the 22nd.
Crybaby
Nekoneko061 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 08:14 PM       
Okay, sorry for the wait I kinda lost track of time.
I recieved my package from Blood_Panther about a week ago.
It was full of mysterious (and festive!) packages.
Sorry for the crappy quality... I have fluorescent lights in my room.

Me opening the magical Xmas box. I was kinda worried I wouldn't get it becaue just that very day, 10,000 Volts PMed me and told me my package was lost.
But here it is!

Now on to the presents!

An Airplane DVD
(Belive it or not I had never heard of this movie until I googled it.)
I watched it recently, and it was really funny, if a bit dramatic.

I got some assorted Xmas stickers!

Some lovely coffee, straight from Canada. I freaking love caffine, by the way.

The biggest present turned out to be a Canada puzzle.
It has all the provinces and capitals, and is good for learning about America's hat.

I got some chocolate Canadian Dollars too! (Is that what you call 'em?)
At first I thought it was real gold but, I was happily disappointed to learn it was chocolate, which is almost as good as gold.

I also got this rad candle thats shaped like an apple pie.
(I have an odd expression on my face because my brother just walked in my room and I'm trying to scare him back out.)

He tried to eat my pie!

I saved the best for last!

A Harry Potter action figure!
He comes with a wand and removable glasses.

Here is my brother showing off the entirity of my haul!

All in all it was a good experience. The best S.S. I've ever done actually.
Thanks so much Blood_Panther!
Now I just have to wait for Babs to upload his pictures!
Baron Von Snugglemittens
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM       
glad to see you enjoyed the gifts! I was worried when you told us your age, you wouldnt have liked the coffee. nice to know I was wrong. the DVD should also have "airplane 2 the sequel" on it. while not as good as the first, it's still pretty funny.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 20th, 2010, 06:16 AM       
Airplane was one of the best movies for word humor ever

"There's a problem in the cockpit"

"What is it?"

"It's the front section of the plane where the pilots are, but that's not important now"
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 20th, 2010, 07:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
On the contrary; I'm trying to get people to give the guy some leeway. And yeah, you're right in that you can usually plan around stuff, but if there's a time of year where shit happens that you didn't plan for, it's Christmas.

Just hoping we can all get along and give the guy some time
I was sick last year and took ages to post my pictures.

In other news, Christ I hope my package is delivered soon.
hanging out
stonewar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2010, 02:28 PM       
Never heard of Airplane!?!

I feel old. I guess I am compared to some of these whippersnappers since I would be eligble to recieve beer as gift.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 20th, 2010, 04:08 PM       
Dont feel bad about it. Like you yourself said... You are eligible to receive beer.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 06:09 AM       
I finally received my overdue Secret Santa gift late today! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! My Secret Santa was Zhukov, and it sounds like he had some trouble shipping it from Australia. (tip for next year: send your gifts earlier )

Anyway, allow me to show you the nifty things he sent me:

First up, we have a dripping wet box. Shame on you, Zhukov, for not controlling the weather!

STUPID CUSTOMS FORMS... ALWAYS TRYING TO RUIN THE SURPRISE.

I WILL LOOK THIS CRYPTIC MESSAGE ON ON ALTAVISTA'S BABEL FISH SO IT CAN TELL ME WHAT YOU JUST SAID ON THAT LEFT PAGE. BUT NO, MY TV DVD PLAYER ONLY PLAYS REGION 1 DVDS. HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND SOMETHING TO PLAY IT ON MY LAPTOP WITH THOUGH INSTEAD.

LOOK AT ALL THESE WONDERFUL AUSTRALIAN THINGS (EXCEPT FOR THE PACMAN GHOST SOUR CANDIES, WHICH ARE TASTY) THAT ZHUKOV SENT ME! THERE'S THE AFOREMENTIONED DVD FOR "THE CASTLE" WHICH IS REGION 4, A PACMAN GHOST TIN OF SOUR CANDIES, A VARIETY OF CANDY BARS (NONE OF WHICH I'VE EVER TRIED, SO THAT SHOULD BE FUN). I PARTICULARLY LIKE THE NAME "CHOKITO" BECAUSE IT SOUNDS LIKE A CANDY THAT TESTS YOUR ESOPHAGEAL BRAVERY. HE ALSO SENT FANTALES CHEWY CHOCOLATE CARAMELS, A LITTLE NOTEBOOK THAT LOOKS LIKE IT SHOULD BE A PASSPORT BUT ISN'T, AND OF COURSE... A JAR OF VEGEMITE. BUT THIS ISN'T THE CLASSIC VEGEMITE, IT'S THE NEWER "CHEESYBITE" KIND WHICH IS A MIXTURE OF VEGEMITE AND CHEESE. I'VE NEVER HAD CLASSIC VEGEMITE OR THIS NEW KIND, SO I LOOK FORWARD TO TRYING IT OUT AND HOPEFULLY NOT BARFING.

BEST OF ALL THOUGH...

MY BIG HOMEMADE PACMAN GHOST FINALLY HAS A BUDDY. A TRUE CHRISTMAS MIRACLE INDEED.

THANKS AGAIN ZHUKOV! I'LL TREASURE THIS SOGGY BOX FULL OF AUSTRALIAN GOODIES FOREVER
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 07:29 AM       
Why... why was it wet?

Oh well, thank christ and mas it made it to you, since I would have been banned forever had I not managed to send your good self and coincidental owner of these forums a gift. PHEW. I totally forgot about the damn DVD until it was too late, but try hard to watch it since it's a really heartwarming Australian tale!

Oh, and you don't say Bonza Chrimbo over there? Freak.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM       
Wow there really was vegemite in there.
Baron Von Snugglemittens
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 05:20 PM       
so...everyone got a package?

woot!

so I guess once babs posts his pictures this event will be finished! nice to see the event go off without a hitch. it was my first secret santa but I'm glad I joined up.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 05:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Why... why was it wet?

Oh well, thank christ and mas it made it to you, since I would have been banned forever had I not managed to send your good self and coincidental owner of these forums a gift. PHEW. I totally forgot about the damn DVD until it was too late, but try hard to watch it since it's a really heartwarming Australian tale!

Oh, and you don't say Bonza Chrimbo over there? Freak.
We've been having record rainfall out here this winter. It hasn't stopped raining for well over a week now. I think the entire state is a mudslide at this point. And the mail delivery guy just left your package sitting on my front doorstep. It's ok, I'm sure it needed a bath.

I'll definitely try to watch the DVD when I have a chance and I'm looking forward to eating the candy bars too. Which one is your favorite kind btw?

Speaking of that, I take it you like vegemite cheesybite more than standard vegemite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood_panther View Post
so...everyone got a package? woot!
I believe so. Just a few stragglers need to post their photos now, right? Or is it just Babs?
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 05:32 PM       
Babs posting his photos is all that's left, I believe. Definitely the most successful Secret Santa yet!
The Wolf
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM       
I'd say that was 2006, chum!

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 05:56 PM       
06 is nice, look at it if you get the chance.

Vegemite cheesybite... I look forward to the vegemite cheesybite review, sounds like it will either be really good or really horrible. Time will tell which though
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM       
I'm guessing it's gonna be pretty awful, but I must try it just to say I've had it. I'll be sure to play a particular Men At Work song while eating it.

Also, I just spoke with Babs and the photos are being uploaded as we speak, so aside from a few lil' delays, this event was definitely a great one. It's always nice when nobody gets screwed over.
Cranberry Everything
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 07:28 PM       
I'll have to check out '06. Right now all I can remember from it is:

I've had vegemite a total of three times in my life, none of them pleasant.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM       
I'm really sorry everyone for making you wait. I've been extraordinarily busy with finals, christmas shopping, holidays, and all other kinds of stuff but never the less, the wait is over.

So I was a little hesitant at first seeing as there were visible claw marks on the package. Someone trying to get into my package or something trying to get out... just a little worried to find out.

Proceeded with a little caution.

I mean should I be worried or excited?

Still not sure about my emotions right now.

Finally, some explanation to the claw marks. Obviously some blue-collar workers from the post office sniffed out the booze and tried clawing their way into my Secret Santa present.

Wait.. Why is the 18 pack taped back up? Is this some kind of sick joke? So after a miserable attempt to claw through my Secret Santa package, they still managed to steal my very highly commercialized beer and audaciously taped the box back up and made it appear as if there's still beer inside? Merry Christmas.

Wait a second. What's this over here I see?

It's a note from Nekoneko061. It's a vague list explaining some of the gifts in what appeared to be a case of beer. Wow, I'm terribly sorry. I should of known better than to accuse some proletariat's of stealing some Miller lite.

So the list goes something like this.
-Pecans
-"Incense"
-Bad ass belt buckles
-German chocolates that nekoneko thought "looked good"
-A movie card that I'll probably forget
-Stuff they don't know what they got me

The first item I see is a white bag filled with what seems to be the pecans.

It is indeed the "Southern pecans" that you kindly picked all by yourself like a big person would. I would like to add that they were very delicious actually and that I must acquire some more STAT.

So I did some more digging and found some of the incense you mentioned (like to add that I do indeed plan on using them for personal meditation purposes only) and some of what you call German chocolates along with the rest of the candy you sent. Never got around to eating the spider man child cigarettes but I did try some of the chocolate and the dark chocolate with marzipan was actually awful. Don't worry, the milk chocolate with cornflakes saved it.

On forth with the digging in which I stumble upon the very manly belt buckles, a gargoyle wall ornament, party napkins (how'd you know I needed these), the movie card, and 3 novels. One of the books (Survivor: A novel) I'm rather familiar with and have been looking forward to give another read. As for the other books, especially Forbidden Knowledge, I don't think it's so much the knowledge that is forbidden as it is more information this is unappliable. All around, great gifts but that's not all, there is still ONE more I've been waiting to take out since I opened the box.

IT'S DUMBLEDORE!

Oh hell yeah. A 100% genuine Dumbledore.

Thank you so much Nekoneko, I'm super excited about this. I promise to take real good care of him and make sure to never let his precious plastic skin touch the air.

What can I say. I pretty much had the best Secret Santa ever! Just look at that haul, how could I not be satisfied with that? Thank you very much Nekoneko, you have definitely made my slow-picture-putting-up ass very joyous. Now excuse me while Dumbledore and I go meditate and after wards, snobbishly eat our German chocolate and read our Chuck Palahniuk novels while wearing our extremely manly belt buckles.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 10:35 PM       
Awesome haul indeed, Babs! Glad you got some fine gifts this time around. Big kudos to Nekoneko on a job well done with your gift-giving. Miller lite box makes for an excellent wrapping job btw.
Cranberry Everything
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 11:02 PM       
Alright, Babs! Nice collection of gifts you received, man!

Well, that's it by my calculations. Secret Santa is complete with time to spare! Great job, everyone!
Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 04:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I'll definitely try to watch the DVD when I have a chance and I'm looking forward to eating the candy bars too. Which one is your favorite kind btw?
I eat a Cherry Ripe every day, and that is no joke. I seriously have to stop myself from buying more.

Milo bars are good too, and the Chokito is up there. I don't really like Violet Crumbles since I think they are just a poor man's Crunchie - but it's iconic.

Quote:
Speaking of that, I take it you like vegemite cheesybite more than standard vegemite?
That's a difficult question. I think the cheesybite is easier to accept into your mouth, and you can eat it without butter... I don't know I LOVE THEM BOTH. I think cheesybite is better for vegemite virgins, which is why you have it.

That's some nice Nazi belt buckle paraphernalia there babs!