Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM        Fake Blurbs
I found these on my computer, they're about three years old. I used to do this a lot when I was younger. I'd get a story idea but rather than actually write the story I'd just write the blurb for it.

The Beast of Mvormok!

Detective John is on his last night of active duty before being quietly fired. A scapegoat chosen for being least involved in an incident perpetrated by the precincts unofficial kingpin Detective Roger. His last case, just handed to him, quadruple homicide! A strange case but an open and shut one. All he needs is the confession of the suspect. Even without it there's no way Gorplak won't be convicted. A strange person, large and misshapen. John usually wouldn't bother with the personal details of a suspect when they're fates were so obvious but under his circumstances John decides to indulge in a flight of fancy and find out what the story is behind mister Gorplak. Before the interrogation is through John will find out that Gorplak is not entirely human.

The Pathologist's Box

Dr. Bogdan is in mourning for his his wife. He muses over various things, how he misses her, how strange it is that when she was alive he wasn't even sure he loved her but now it was obvious, then his thoughts begin to drift towards dangerous things when the doorbell rings. Package Delivery! A very peculiar package, three feet wide and six feet long and heavy enough to need three men to carry it into his garage. There is a note on the package, its from John. His wifes nephew, a drug addict as he remembered him. John's wife, having a soft spot for the boy had spent a fortune in trying to get him clean but eventually had to give up. The letter gives Bogdan his condolences on the passing of his wife and then tells him whats in the box so they're no unnecessary surprises. It's a corpse, John's corpse. It seems his been dead for years but how can that be? Inside the box is his memoirs chronicling the events that led to this conclusion and it is fascinating!

Maybe this will be the first I-mockery Creative Writing Project. Write a fake blurb to an imaginary story.