Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM        Need Recomendations for Obscure/Underground Horror/Gore
I'm currently partaking in an event where I have to upload so many horror/gore films this week. They pretty much have to be films that you think no one has ever seen or pretty rare to the point that it's almost virtually impossible to get your hands on a copy to upload. The reason being so is that this community has pretty much every movie in existence and takes a lot of time digging to find a gem they don't have. So far I've got:

Death Doll (1989)- Very predictable film that lacks gore but can easily be thrown into the horror genre. Not really anything special, just a rare movie that people shit themselves over.

Scary Movie (1989)- Nothing to do with the spoof of Scream (if you couldn't have already put two and two together). Your main character is Warren who is played by John Hawkes which you will recognize him from the HBO T.V. series Eastbound and Down; a paranoid young man who's convinced that an escaped maniac has made his stay in an abandoned home near by. This film actually does a real good job of building suspense from the beginning to end. One of those films that never got the attention it deserves, another one of those rare films that people shit themselves over.

And that's all I really have so far. I'm really trying to get my hands on a copy of Mirrors (1978). I've never seen this film but I have heard quite a bit about it and I see it from time to time on eBay for roughly $10.

Anyways, I would appreciate it if you any of you that have any knowledge on such types of films could help me out here. If not, it was worth a try.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:57 PM       
Street Trash, I think I told you about this one a while ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Trash
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Street Trash, I think I told you about this one a while ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Trash
So I just downloaded I mean went to the store and bought Street Trash and all I have to say is...

WAT
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:22 PM       
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM       
None of these movies are ultra gory (some are even TV movies like Trilogy of Terror), but they're all awesome horror.
Fair warning man, some of these can be a little tricky to find.

Demon Wind (1990).
Deadly Blessing (1981).
Lurking Fear (1994).
Death Spa (1990).
Don't Go to Sleep (1982) (TV Movie).
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) (TV Movie).
Screamers (1979).
The Dark Power (1985).
Spookies (1986).
Superstition (1982).
The Boogens (1981).
Dead Dudes in the House (1992).
Curtains (1983).
The Kindred (1987).
The Evil (1978).

I hope that helps!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM       
Dust Devil and Next of Kin will impress everyone, though you can only get Next of Kin by buying a VHS of it
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM       
Dust Devil, Lair of the White Worm, Razorback, Next of Kin, and that really boring 70's movie about the dude that strangled people with his mutant penis
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM       
Other than that, THE place to go is diabolikdvd. Trust me on that.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 12:36 PM       
Sreenshots from Next of Kin?

filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM       
Thanks for the recommendations fellas.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM       
I barely do this, triple post, so it should be alright.

Well I looked up all your recommendations and it turns out that they have every single one of those. They even have the made for T.V. movies, looks like I've really underestimated this whole event.

p.s. Nice recommendation on The Spookies by the way, didn't catch my attention the last couple of posts I made.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 02:06 PM       
i have a copy of Next of Kin on dvd.. it stars Patrick Swayze and he serves up country style justice!
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM       
lol, yeah, saw that one too'

And yeah Babs, that's the right one. 1982, Aussie/New Zealish
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM       
Dragged out my dvd collection for more ideas, haven't even looked at it since I started netflix. Okay, some more suggestions. Leaning WAY on the obscure side as opposed to gory. Isolation (gross), 5 Dead on the Crimson Canvas, Before The Fall (awesome, awesome flick), A Boy and His Dog, Alas de Mariposa, Jigoku, Alien from the Deep (all kinds of awful, Italian cheapo), The Last Winter (Ron Pearlman), Black Sunday (somewhat obscure, classic), Acacia, Blue Sunshine, Nos Miran, The Exquisite Short Films of Kihachiro Kawamoto (not horror, but the guy's stuff was gorgeous/creepy as shit), Le Orme, Gravedancers, Forever Evil, Third Part of The Night (thriller), Let Sleeping Corpses Lie, Malatestas: Carnival of Blood, Numb, Raw Meat

Oh, and the Iron Rose. And see if they've got The Sadist With Red Teeth: if they have that one, I'm impressed.

Last edited by Grislygus : Mar 4th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM       
:moviegeek
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 03:47 AM       
And that's what I was looking for. Thank you Grislygus. As well as thanks to Dextire for recommendations for me to look into.
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 04:07 AM       
YES

I AM THE CHAMPION
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 04:08 AM       
CHAMPION, DO YOU HEAR ME
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM       
the Guinea Pig series is probably not rare/underground enough, right?
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 06:15 PM       
I'm curious which movie(s) the site didn't have.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM       
So they didn't have Alas de Mariposa and of the Last Winter. I think they don't have the Last Winter because they move doesn't have under 1,000 votes on IMDB, which I find kind of awkward. I swear, I really underestimated this competition.
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM       
THEY HAD "THE SADIST WITH RED TEETH" AND KIHACHIRO KAWAMOTO?! Holy fucking shit
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 03:04 AM       
Stepfather 1 and 2 are two good slasher movies that nobody seems to know about.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM       
you bumped an old topic to recommend an "obscure movie" that's on the front page of this very site?