Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 03:36 AM        i work at a game store now
guitar hero 2 comes out nov 11 on ps2. its coming out for xbox 360 as well with a cooler guitar.

Working here makes me want to get a 360.

we get a demo wii nov 1st, im going in early to help set it up, even if i dont work that day.

i have to deal with a lot of rude kids and sometimes even worse, there parents.

but when its slow i get to play video games, and bascially anything that isnt in plastic i can play. I also have first dibs on any games that are traded in.

everyone wants me to use my 20% off for them, and i cave like the bitch i am.

its fun.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:36 AM       
i work in a game store too, great fun all round

couple of nice perks so far:

-free copy of zelda collectors edition (which we cant sell, but was traded in)
-the odd free promotional tshirt or other merchandice
-25% off new games, and 30% off preowned games
-free copy of Rayman for the Wii one it comes out (we currently have the most Wii preorders in scotland, something like 93 so far, and should it continue the manager gets a free Wii and every launch game, which he is going to split with the staff, and i lost 'dibs' on zelda or red steel)

the pay isnt fantastic (above min wage), but its better than McDonalds

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:50 AM       
If the pay didn't suck, I'd get a job at one too. At least there isn't much stress involved. I've somehow been sucked into the Office Space way of life... ugh.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 02:00 PM       
yeah, ive been wrenching cars for the last year or so, its a real change of pace. surprizingly enough there is a lot of paperwork i have to do. Im not used to it at all. Im sure ill catch on, and i cant deny the benefits are better here than both the shops i worked at. Its looking like i might have to get another job. Maybe ill work at a coffee shop or something.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
I'd want to work at a game store, but apparently they don't count "3 hours a day playing games" as work experience.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM       
my buddy works at EB games and he does nothing but bitch at how much it sucks. I can't blame him because its the only decent games store in town so they have tons of customers, and people in Grande Prairie are ignorant assholes who never know what there talking about, coupled with the knowlegde hat his managers are a pair of morbidly obese women.

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
my buddy works at EB games and he does nothing but bitch at how much it sucks. I can't blame him because its the only decent games store in town so they have tons of customers, and people in Grande Prairie are ignorant assholes who never know what there talking about, coupled with the knowlegde hat his managers are a pair of morbidly obese women.

fucking bert.

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:26 AM       
Oh boy, i cracked on my first brat today. Luckly it wasnt in front of my boss. I thought i was gonna be able to hold out a little longer. I was with a customer and this kid ran in. I was trying to search for a game in our computer and he kept yelling, "DO YOU HAVE JIMMY NEURTRON FOR NINTEDO PS?????" and i say, "Well do you mean the nintendo DS, or the PSP?" to which he responds, "DO YOU HAVE JIMMY NEUTRON FOR NINTENDO PS???"

i just kinda giggled and continued on my way with the computer. But he didnt stop. He kept asking and asking. He was yelling over the customer. Finally after about the 6th time he asked i yelled, "ILL CHECK IN A SECOND, GET IN LINE." real angry like. I made the customer jump. I looked at him with shock to what i did.

luckly he smiled with an understanding smile. I finished the transaction and the kid ran off before i could answer him.

i felt like a jerk but i think i was totally justified, i mean he was being rude so i tried to ignore but he didnt stop, so i had to be rude back?

right?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM       
start a blog and start recording these stories, i always like hearing them srsly
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM       
I work in a video store and get that kinda shit all the time too. Yesterday this little fucker kept yelling at his obviously exhausted mom about getting the wrong for him while in a line of about 8 people while he kept trying to shove another game on the counter. I just grabbed the game from him and put it in the pile of shit that's going back on the shelves. It didn't make him happy but I was! :D

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:05 PM       
yeah i have to admit that working in this store made me realize how not spoiled i was as a child. My mom made me buy all my own games. but some of these kids treat there parents like crap. One mom came in on the cell phone and the kid was telling her to get a ton of games, some were rare and fairly expensive. Then once he was done with his list she bought all the games. something like 160 bucks in games. I have never spent that much on anything other than a system.

i felt bad for the mom. she kept sighing and rolling her eyes.

why dont people hit there kids anymore?
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM       
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM       
hahaha

i want to get a 2nd job at a game store, but i HATE people, so i dont know if i would be good at it or not....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 03:55 PM       
I got in a hour-long argument with a dude at an EB on Tuesday because I wanted to return two new, unopened Nintendo DS accessories that were purchased 15 days ago. After giving me loads of shit and waffling between whether he could give me store credit or not, and me calmly repeating his own return policy written in his personal employee rulebook, the signs in the store, and the policy on the receipt (full refund within 30 days' purchase of unopened accessories), he eventually called his manager and handed the phone to me. His manager then just listened to me repeat it again and asked to talk to the guy, who then hung up and said his manager said I'd have to call customer care or whatever. Somehow, I got him to relent and give me cash back on that and store credit on Guilty Gear Dust Strikers for DS (because it is terrible) to get Bully and some change, but he wouldn't accept my Nintendo Gamecube power adapter (unopened) because it was more than 30 days old, but hey I wasn't expected to get away with that one ;<

So then I got to conversatin' and the following is a TRUE TO LIFE account!
Do you know what stores are selling Wiis on first-come-first-serve?
'We're sold out, sorry.'
Yes, okay, but do you know what stores are?
'EBGames?'
No, any store.
'Uh, no.'
Okay.
'But, it's gon be tough to get one.'
Why's that?
'They ain't got many shipped.'
They have about 4 million coming before Christmas.
'Ha ha! Noooo they ain't! Only about 400 thousand PS3s and Wiis are shipping this year!'
Uh, I thought that was part of the whole deal; that there were a lot more Wiis being made and shipped
'Mmm MMM!'
Uh huh, so, thanks, and-
'Yeah, Europe and Germany and all that's not even GETTIN em, and they're like, right NEXT to Japan.'

He said that last part as if sharing a strange-but-true pearl of insider wisdom across which he'd stumbled in his many experienced years of domestic clerkery and studying Dragonball Z on adult swim.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:26 PM       
hahahahahahahaha

that last sentence
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 04:32 PM       
I don't know what's more creepy that conversation or the fact that I know Pub is now Willy :/
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM       
pub lover is not willie stop that this instant
OH GOD
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM       
and stop being such a negitive nancy btw you're bringin us all down
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM       
I've always wanted to work in a game store except I don't think I could put up with the arguments about how Sega "totally sold out to Nintendo, those fags" and listening to some beardy fuck debate the merits of the PS3 over women.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM       
Quote:
and stop being such a negitive nancy btw you're bringin us all down
I liked Willie and using him or Hobo is kinda Sacriligious even if they gave you permission to do it.
OH GOD
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:45 PM       
fartin cut it out do i have to make a face picture and have your name on a piece of paper to prove i am me
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:48 PM       
You could've gotten a picture of Willy with a piece of paper,
then crappily edited it with MS paint
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
I don't know, "Willie", you're acting awfully INSECURE. ARE YOU FEELING SAD? SUICIDAL, MAYBE?
OH GOD
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM       
leave me alone you don't understnad my problems
was never good
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:59 PM       
I think you meant Leave Me Alone You Don't Understnad My Problems